Great Again!: GDP 3%, Beats Estimates...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
Dang Trump, you doin it son! :dance:

First reading on third-quarter GDP up 3.0%, vs 2.5% rise expected

The U.S. economy unexpectedly maintained a brisk pace of growth in the third quarter as an increase in inventory investment and a smaller trade deficit offset a hurricane-related slowdown in consumer spending and a decline in construction.

Gross domestic product increased at a 3.0 percent annual rate in the July-September period after expanding at a 3.1 percent pace in the second quarter, the Commerce Department said on Friday...

More:
US economy grows 3 percent in the third quarter on inventories, trade
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

US economy sees 3% growth, shrugging off hurricanes

The US economy continued to expand at a robust three percent clip in the third quarter despite back-to-back hurricanes, official data showed Friday, hitting President Donald Trump's growth target for the second time since he took office.

GDP growth in the world's largest economy had its best six-month stretch since mid-2014, handily absorbing the shocks of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria, the US Commerce Department reported..

More:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-economy-keeps-robust-3-growth-3rd-quarter-132155876.html

Since the last thread on this was closed I will have to address this in this thread...
upload_2017-10-27_11-59-33.png

Since it is clear that Cellblock is not a very bright person, I felt the need to help him out. The annual GDP growth is not derived from adding each quarter but by taking an average of each quarter.

Please do try and avoid any math post in the future.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

The U.S. economy unexpectedly maintained a brisk pace of growth in the third quarter as an increase in inventory investment and a smaller trade deficit offset a hurricane-related slowdown in consumer spending and a decline in construction.

Gross domestic product increased at a 3.0 percent annual rate in the July-September period after expanding at a 3.1 percent pace in the second quarter, the Commerce Department said on Friday...

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

that is good news indeed. Please provide a list of the things that Trump has done that would cause you to give him the credit?

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

that is good news indeed. Please provide a list of the things that Trump has done that would cause you to give him the credit?

Aw come on, don't run with the herd and be a hater. This is good news for Americans.

The US economy continued to expand at a robust three percent clip in the third quarter despite back-to-back hurricanes, official data showed Friday, hitting President Donald Trump's growth target for the second time since he took office.

GDP growth in the world's largest economy had its best six-month stretch since mid-2014, handily absorbing the shocks of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria, the US Commerce Department reported..

More:
Bwa ha ha ha, shruggin' off hurricanes and american citizens, the sunsbtantial people make money while half of the wage earning population drags home less than $30K per year. No wonder we have to spread this system around the world via military violence, occupation and oppression.

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

Aw come on, don't run with the herd and be a hater. This is good news for Americans.
It is good news for the aristocracy alone.

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

It is good news for Americans, I just wonder what specific policies you think that Trump has put in place that makes you give him credit instead of just recognizing it is just part of a trend that started before Trump was elected.

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

It is good news for the aristocracy alone.

That is not accurate. I am far from the aristocracy but it do have retirement investments and those are helped by growth in the economy.

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

It is good news for Americans, I just wonder what specific policies you think that Trump has put in place that makes you give him credit instead of just recognizing it is just part of a trend that started before Trump was elected.

Trump has been removing business killing regulations. The trend, before Trump was elected was that business was being tied up in innumerable regulations.

Trump administration cancels hundreds of Obama-era regulations

Most of the obama era regulations didn't actually do anything. They were requirements of hours of paper pushing and time consuming recordkeeping.
New Report Reveals the Number of Obama Regulations Trump Has Killed

Ah yes, extending the economic legacy of the great Obama. You miss him already don't you?

Sure was nice to hand off such a vibrant economy after what he inherited wasn't it?

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

Trump has been removing business killing regulations. The trend, before Trump was elected was that business was being tied up in innumerable regulations.

Most of the obama era regulations didn't actually do anything. They were requirements of hours of paper pushing and time consuming recordkeeping.

Thank you for your reply. I am very grateful that Trump has done this, Obama was way to regulation happy for my taste. But considering this form your link..The White House said Thursday it had withdrawn or removed from active consideration more than 800 proposed regulations that were never finalized during the Obama administration as it works to shrink the federal government's regulatory footprint. I am not really sure this had any effect on the GDP since these regulations were never put into place, just proposed. But I guess it is true that even the threat of a regulation could harm companies.

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

Thank you for your reply. I am very grateful that Trump has done this, Obama was way to regulation happy for my taste. But considering this form your link..The White House said Thursday it had withdrawn or removed from active consideration more than 800 proposed regulations that were never finalized during the Obama administration as it works to shrink the federal government's regulatory footprint. I am not really sure this had any effect on the GDP since these regulations were never put into place, just proposed. But I guess it is true that even the threat of a regulation could harm companies.
I chose one of really hundreds of links. Yes, the anticipation of knowing that hundreds more regulations was coming was enough to intimidate business into stupification.

Look it up and see how many times Trump has removed regulations that did nothing except document regulations.

You asked what specific policies did Trump enact that goosed the economy. I gave it to you.

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®
/----/ It's ridiculous that your original thread was closed because of the all caps. It happened to me once. Why don't they just send you a note and ask that you change the case to U&L ?

Since the last thread on this was closed I will have to address this in this thread...
View attachment 156840

Since it is clear that Cellblock is not a very bright person, I felt the need to help him out. The annual GDP growth is not derived from adding each quarter but by taking an average of each quarter.

/-----/ And I stand corrected. I neglected to divide the annual rate by 4.
The formula used by BEA to calculate the average annual growth is a variant of the compound interest formula:

463gdpbymetro.png

where

GDPt is the level of activity in the later period;

GDP0 is the level of activity in the earlier period;

m is the periodicity of the data (for example, 1 for annual data, 4 for quarterly data, or 12 for monthly data); and

n is the number of periods between the earlier period and the later period(that is t-0).

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

Good observation. :thup:

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®
/----/ It's ridiculous that your original thread was closed because of the all caps. It happened to me once. Why don't they just send you a note and ask that you change the case to U&L ?

Yeah, i hear ya. Some Mods are less objective than others. They can be biased. It happens on all Message Boards. Nature of the beast.

I chose one of really hundreds of links. Yes, the anticipation of knowing that hundreds more regulations was coming was enough to intimidate business into stupification.

Look it up and see how many times Trump has removed regulations that did nothing except document regulations.

You asked what specific policies did Trump enact that goosed the economy. I gave it to you.

Yes you did and I greatly appreciate it. While I do not give Trump as much credit as you do, I cannot argue with you on this one! We both agree that for the most part less regulation is a good thing

View attachment 156840

/-----/ And I stand corrected. I neglected to divide the annual rate by 4.
The formula used by BEA to calculate the average annual growth is a variant of the compound interest formula:

463gdpbymetro.png

where

GDPt is the level of activity in the later period;

GDP0 is the level of activity in the earlier period;

m is the periodicity of the data (for example, 1 for annual data, 4 for quarterly data, or 12 for monthly data); and

n is the number of periods between the earlier period and the later period(that is t-0).

I imagine that you have no clue what you just posted, but hey, it sure looks impressive! :banana:

Forum List

Back