'Grand Day of Death to America' rally planned in Iran

bianco

VIP Member
Aug 23, 2013
Sydney, Australia
'Grand Day of Death to America' rally planned in Iran | Fox News

Militant factions in Iran are reportedly planning a sweeping rally titled, “Grand Day of Death to America,” to coincide with the 24th anniversary of the storming of the U.S. Embassy there.

According to The National, Brigadier General Masoud Jazayeri is saying the planned Nov. 4 convocation outside the long-shuttered and now-graffiti-covered diplomatic institution in the capitol city of Tehran will be organized by a newly created bureaucratic body called the “Death to the U.S. Committee.”

#####

Well there you go.

Time to blow up Iran's nuke factories.

Militant factions in Iran are reportedly planning a sweeping rally titled, “Grand Day of Death to America,” to coincide with the 24th anniversary of the storming of the U.S. Embassy there.

According to The National, Brigadier General Masoud Jazayeri is saying the planned Nov. 4 convocation outside the long-shuttered and now-graffiti-covered diplomatic institution in the capitol city of Tehran will be organized by a newly created bureaucratic body called the “Death to the U.S. Committee.”

#####

Well there you go.

So because "militant factions" in Iran are sponsoring a "Death to America" day, that gives the U.S. reasonable cause to bomb their nuclear facilities? I understand this is supported in part by the Revolutionary Guard, but I would argue that these anti-American sentiments are the exception, not the norm, in the overall Iranian populace.

Also, in the article itself it plainly states that "Death to America" is more like "death to American imperialism and hegemony", not a threat to American citizens themselves. Perhaps the true meaning is somewhat lost in translation. Not saying they have any particular love for us, but just a thought.

Either way, I can bet there would be a much larger pep rally next time if we start dropping missiles on them.

#####

Well there you go.

So because "militant factions" in Iran are sponsoring a "Death to America" day, that gives the U.S. reasonable cause to bomb their nuclear facilities? I understand this is supported in part by the Revolutionary Guard, but I would argue that these anti-American sentiments are the exception, not the norm, in the overall Iranian populace.

Also, in the article itself it plainly states that "Death to America" is more like "death to American imperialism and hegemony", not a threat to American citizens themselves. Perhaps the true meaning is somewhat lost in translation. Not saying they have any particular love for us, but just a thought.

Either way, I can bet there would be a much larger pep rally next time if we start dropping missiles on them.

Wouldn't be any suicide bombers or backpack bombers wandering around the cities and towns of America with nuke bombs made in Iran though.

The overall Iranian populace?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92myDzAFgU4]"Death to America" chants in Iran - YouTube[/ame]

#####

Well there you go.

Wouldn't be any suicide bombers or backpack bombers wandering around the cities and towns of America with nuke bombs made in Iran though.

The overall Iranian populace?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92myDzAFgU4]"Death to America" chants in Iran - YouTube[/ame]

If it was that easy for someone to put a nuclear weapon in a backpack and walk into Manhattan, I think it would have happened a long time ago. If Iran was to develop a nuclear weapon, it would be to keep us out of their affairs and to prevent an American invasion, not to use against Israel or America. If anything, their nuclear program is a source of national pride for a country that has been stomped on for the past 150 years, and any weapons would just be a means of deterrence from future conflicts.

Now, in terms of the video you posted, I obviously do not condone such behavior. That being said, that video is from 2007, which is a very different time compared to now. That was before the Green Movement, before the alleged voter fraud by Ahmadinejad in his re-election, and so on. Meaning, today's Iran might not have quite the same feelings. You're right though that there is likely still a considerable base of "Death to America" supporters in Iran.

Either way, such anti-American sentiments don't exactly come as a surprise to me after we overthrew their leader in 1953 so the British could keep taking their oil, supported over 30 years of the dictatorship of Shah Reza Pahlavi until the revolution of 1979, supported Saddam Hussein's use of chemical weapons against Iran in the 1980s, and have now wrecked their country's economy with sanctions. I can understand how those historical events would breed some animosity.

If it was that easy for someone to put a nuclear weapon in a backpack and walk into Manhattan, I think it would have happened a long time ago. If Iran was to develop a nuclear weapon, it would be to keep us out of their affairs and to prevent an American invasion, not to use against Israel or America. If anything, their nuclear program is a source of national pride for a country that has been stomped on for the past 150 years, and any weapons would just be a means of deterrence from future conflicts.

Now, in terms of the video you posted, I obviously do not condone such behavior. That being said, that video is from 2007, which is a very different time compared to now. That was before the Green Movement, before the alleged voter fraud by Ahmadinejad in his re-election, and so on. Meaning, today's Iran might not have quite the same feelings. You're right though that there is likely still a considerable base of "Death to America" supporters in Iran.

Either way, such anti-American sentiments don't exactly come as a surprise to me after we overthrew their leader in 1953 so the British could keep taking their oil, supported over 30 years of the dictatorship of Shah Reza Pahlavi until the revolution of 1979, supported Saddam Hussein's use of chemical weapons against Iran in the 1980s, and have now wrecked their country's economy with sanctions. I can understand how those historical events would breed some animosity.

The people who would be most likely to be nuke suicide bombers/backpack bombers/pressure cooker bombers don't yet have access to nuke material?

Netanyahu is correct...it's 5 minutes to midnight.
If Iran gets nukes, we all in the West are likely all doomed.

Germany should've been stomped on after WW1...it wasn't...and millions died as a result.

The West today would've been better off under the Shah, and not the Islamic state of today?

Obama Washington looks like falling to the gabfest trick, as Britain/Europe etc did with Hitler and the Nazis pre WW2.

Oh why haven't they learnt from history.

The people who would be most likely to be nuke suicide bombers/backpack bombers/pressure cooker bombers don't yet have access to nuke material?

Netanyahu is correct...it's 5 minutes to midnight.
If Iran gets nukes, we all in the West are likely all doomed.

Germany should've been stomped on after WW1...it wasn't...and millions died as a result.

The West today would've been better off under the Shah, and not the Islamic state of today?

Obama Washington looks like falling to the gabfest trick, as Britain/Europe etc did with Hitler and the Nazis pre WW2.

Oh why haven't they learnt from history.

Let's assume for a second that, indeed, the Obama administration is repeating history and once again bringing upon the world a Nazi-like regime. If ANYTHING, they are doing this through the sanctions that are crippling the Iranian economy and pushing the Iranian government into a corner. The same thing was done after WWI, where Germany's economy was crushed and none of the Western powers did anything to support them. This mistake was not repeated after WWII, and is probably the reason Europe has been so peaceful for the last 60 or so years.

However, aside from what I've just stated, few parallels can be drawn between the current Iranian regime and the regime of Adolf Hitler. Certainly there have been hateful remarks from both governments, but one big difference is that almost all German citizens supported Hitler and his mission. Most Iranians I've talked to or hear on TV more-or-less despise the Iranian regime. Thus, there isn't this huge mobilizing force like the Nazi bloc that could be unleashed upon the world.

To say that we should have kept the Shah in power is absolutely ludicrous. He was a horrible, horrible dictator, imprisoning all sorts of people with his secret SAVAK police force and killing thousands throughout his 36 year rule. Shah Reza Pahlavi was, at best, our puppet, and a cruel monarch.

What makes you think Iran would use nukes on the U.S.? As I've stated before, it would be suicide for them or any country to do so. Every other nuclear power would immediately
wipe Iran off the map.

If you want to draw a good comparison to the WWI / WWII time period, it would be to take Roosevelt's quote "we have nothing to fear but fear itself". Paranoia is what is going to get the U.S. in trouble, not some silly idea of backpack nukes and armageddon.

The protest in Iran will probably be as popular as the 9/11 Muslim march in DC.

Never knew about that Muslim march until I looked it up just now. Pretty interesting concept, and I'm surprised by all the backlash its apparently gotten. I respect the victims of 9/11 as much as the next guy, but if people want to talk about the mistreatment of Muslims on the same day, so be it, who cares? Besides the obvious "freedom of speech" angle, Muslims have certainly been profiled and mistreated since 9/11, by no fault of their own. Nobody can deny this, and it's an important subject.

Forum List

Back