Grammy Awards

He's a very talented pianist. He should stick to piano.

Also very disrespectful to be performing during the In Memoriam segment.
He is such a cheese ball. And I don't like the music. I'm not a hater. I want to like what I'm hearing and seeing but I don't.

None of the crap they call music these days deserves a Grammy.

(Shut up, Gramps.)
Miley Cyrus deserved her grammy. Amazing young woman. She went through an awkward phase for a second but boy has she come out of it.

I know you hate strong women. She sang I can buy myself flowers, I can hold my own hand. And I can love me better, than you can.

That's the first Grammy Show I've watched in many years, but it was good, though I only watched the first 2 hours, did not get to see Billy Joel.

The "Fast Cars" collaboration between Tracy Chapman and Luke Coombs was EXCELLENT.
I didn't like it. Fast Car. I didn't think it needed to be redone.

I missed Billy Joel too.

I agree it was a good show.

I don't watch award shows. But I will watch YouTube to see the highlights.

Tracy Chapman and Luke Combs were amazing! And seeing Joni Mitchell sing one of her hits was a pleasure.

I didn't like it. Fast Car. I didn't think it needed to be redone.

I missed Billy Joel too.

I agree it was a good show.

From what I have read, Luke Combs has been covering Fast Car in his concerts and received overwhelmingly positive responses.

I just saw on the FOX news network station that Luke was being labeled a racist before last night's duet took place.

God bless you and him and Tracy always!!!

Holly

P.S. Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but the people who have been using the word "racist" so much these days, do they even know what the word means? If Luke truly was racist, he never would've given anything from Tracy the time a day.

From what I have read, Luke Combs has been covering Fast Car in his concerts and received overwhelmingly positive responses.
Oh I know everyone tells me they love it. Maybe even more than the original. My problem is I burned out on the song a long time ago. So even if I liked his version of it, I wasn't interested in hearing that song for the next 4 or 6 months on my country radio. I have serius radio. I don't listen to the channel Tracey Chapman is played on. If I hear Fast Car, I turn the channel. Did I love the song at one time? Absolutely.

I love Luke Combs. I sing and play Makin the Kind of Love We Make.

I bet in concert, singing along, I'd probably like it too. Know why? We all know all the words.

Did I play Fast Car at one time? I think I might have. Yea, I'm just burned out on that song.

Imagine someone doing Stings King of Pain. Remember that song? Even if someone crushes it, I'm burned out on that song.

What are some other songs like this? Phil Collins In The Air Tonight. Great song but if someone covered it, I'd only enjoy it one or two times. Then it would go right into the burned out song bucket.

Taken Care of Business. You want to hear someone cover that song and hear it on the radio every day?

How about Jenny Jenny 8675309? LOL

I read an article today about Joni Mitchell. I have tried to find it and cannot.

Basically it talked about someone writing a song when they were 23 years old, then performing it at the Grammys when they were 80, and the song having the words "I've looked at Life from both sides now". That is heavy wisdom from a 23 year old.

I just saw on the FOX news network station that Luke was being labeled a racist before last night's duet took place.

God bless you and him and Tracy always!!!

Holly

P.S. Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but the people who have been using the word "racist" so much these days, do they even know what the word means? If Luke truly was racist, he never would've given anything from Tracy the time a day.
That's not necessarily true. Perhaps this was a PR stunt. But that's the skeptic in me. I don't want to be gullible.

I'm not saying Luke is or isn't more or less racist than me or you. How would I know? But if people are saying he is, he may have a negative attitude towards blacks. A lot of whites do.

I very rarely listen to the radio. So I may have avoided the burnout.
So Jay Z pulled a Kanye at the Grammy's. Got up and said it's insane Beyonce never got album of the year. With all the other grammy's she's got, it's crazy she has never got album of the year. He wasn't as crazy as Kanye when he said it, but he was pissed and it's horrible they do that to the person who won the award. Fuck you Beyonce. You will never win album of the year. For one, you're old. The new women are much much better than you. You were good, even great, but not that great. The Obama's made you royalty for 8 years but now that's gone.

Anyways, tell me Beyonce's best album. How many hits are on any one of those albums? One or 2 or 3 at most? Did Destiny's Child ever win album of the year? They deserved it. But not Beyonce. Not the solo albums she's put out. Fuck you Jay Z. It's not always about race.

That's not necessarily true. Perhaps this was a PR stunt. But that's the skeptic in me. I don't want to be gullible.

I'm not saying Luke is or isn't more or less racist than me or you. How would I know? But if people are saying he is, he may have a negative attitude towards blacks. A lot of whites do.
If Luke only had a negative attitude, I highly doubt that the idea of covering the "Fast Car" song would have even once entered his mind.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

What impertinence! And just plain bad manners!
Where's Rhianna?

Rihanna decided to take a break from the music industry, with insiders claiming she was "done" and wanted to put her energy into other things.

I was watching/listening to Chris Brown and I though of her.

Chris Brown really fucked up his career when he beat up Rhianna. I'm watching his new videos and like all the ones before, my god is he fucking great. He can dance like he's weightless and his songs are good. He reminds me of R Kelly. Better.

I bought the Tracy Chapman CD many years ago when it first came out, and have loved it ever since.
I have to believe in all these years she's written a few songs that could go on a record. I hope to see some new stuff from her.

Forum List

Back