Graham - Obama no Christian - didn't hear it from me

So this woman interviewer with a Middle Eastern background, Christine A - something was interviewing the son of Billy Graham. She asked him if Obama was a Christian.

Graham said, "Obama told me he goes to a Christian Church so that PROVES he's a Christian. But to me, you have to follow the teachings of Christ which Obama clearly doesn't, and that if the ONLY way you can be a Christian, not just go to a church".

Then Christine said, "So then, is Obama a Christian?"

Then Graham said, "Well, he says he is. It's not for me to question another person's faith".

And yet, wasn't that just what he was doing?

LOL Obama a Christian oh ya that's a good one Skippy

Yes, we all realize that going to a Christian Church for over twenty years was just a ruse. He did this so he could deceive us all into thinking he was a Christian, because he planned all along to run for President one day and knew that his true Muslim faith would be too big of an obstacle for him to be elected. :cuckoo:

I cannot believe you call the church he went to for 20 yrs "Christian"...Lol!
That church and it's preacher are not even CLOSE to being christian. You won't hear words spoken by true Christian teachers like what came out of Wright's mouth! If this is what obama thinks a christian is, he's more stupid than i though...and so are you for believing it!

So this woman interviewer with a Middle Eastern background, Christine A - something was interviewing the son of Billy Graham. She asked him if Obama was a Christian.

Graham said, "Obama told me he goes to a Christian Church so that PROVES he's a Christian. But to me, you have to follow the teachings of Christ which Obama clearly doesn't, and that is the ONLY way you can be a Christian, not just go to a church".

Then Graham said, "Well, he says he is. It's not for me to question another person's faith".

And yet, wasn't that just what he was doing? Not only did he question it, it "clearly" sounded as if he was saying Obama is not a Christian.

Claiming you're a Christian doesn't mean you automatically are one.

Even avid churchgoers aren't Christians in any real sense. They just attend church alot.

It seems Obama attends church every once in awhile but his beliefs are against real Christian values, and what's worse, he seems to like hearing about racism in church. The latest choice is pretty much the same as Trinity United in Chicago. Shiloh Baptist Church in D.C. is just more of the same racist BS.

James Parker at WRNO-FM in New Orleans did some digging yesterday about Shiloh Baptist’s pastor, Dr. Wallace Charles Smith. Not only did he find that Smith loves to preach on race, but he noticed Smith even infused race into yesterday’s Easter sermon:

One has to dig into the blog notes from various reporters to piece together the content from the sermon. Aside from the First Couple being honored guests, Pastor Wallace Charles Smith also announces that his 4 week old grandson is attending church for the first time, and a pool reporter noted an interesting perspective on the infant:

“[Pastor Smith] talked about how his baby grandson’s gurgling is actually “talking” because he is saying ‘I am here … they tried to write me off as 3/5 a person in the Constitution, but I am here right now … and is saying I am not going to let anybody from stopping me from being what God wants me to be.’”

Links
Palmer Theological Seminary | About | Faculty | Wallace Charles Smith
Obama's Church Choice for Easter Based on Race? - Rush Radio 99.5 WRNO

Graham said, "Obama told me he goes to a Christian Church so that PROVES he's a Christian. But to me, you have to follow the teachings of Christ which Obama clearly doesn't, and that if the ONLY way you can be a Christian, not just go to a church".

And yet, wasn't that just what he was doing?

LOL Obama a Christian oh ya that's a good one Skippy

Yes, we all realize that going to a Christian Church for over twenty years was just a ruse. He did this so he could deceive us all into thinking he was a Christian, because he planned all along to run for President one day and knew that his true Muslim faith would be too big of an obstacle for him to be elected. :cuckoo:

That might depend on why you went to church in the first place. If he spent 20 years in the church because it made him "feel" black then I would say that argues against him staying there because he is a Christian.

Friends of Sen. Barack Obama, whose relationship with Wright has rocked his bid for the White House, insist that it would be unfair to compare Winfrey's decision to leave Trinity United with his own decision to stay. "[His] reasons for attending Trinity were totally different,'' said one campaign adviser, who declined to be named discussing the Illinois senator's sentiments. "Early on, he was in search of his identity as an African-American and, more importantly, as an African-American man. Reverend Wright and other male members of the church were instrumental in helping him understand the black experience in America. Winfrey wasn't going for that. She's secure in her blackness, so that didn't have a hold on her.''

Why Oprah Winfrey Left Rev. Wright's Church - Newsweek

Do you have to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ to be a Christian? Where did Graham get that idea?

:eek: Yes, you have to follow the teachings of Christ to be a Christian.
I didn't read this whole thread, so this may be redundant, but what Christian do you know that would insist that any thing Christian be removed or covered up before he could walk in the door like Obomb did at Notre Dame and Georgetown? Isn't that kind of a tip off? :lol:

Do you have to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ to be a Christian? Where did Graham get that idea?

Where does Obama fall short in that regard? Doesn't he love his enemies enough? That was one of Christ's teachings.

Doesn't he love the terrorists as much as all the good Conservative Christians do?

Obama's problem is he loves our enemies more than he loves his own country.

And by the way, Christ had more than a few choice words about hypocrites. So libs in general, and especially Obama, will have a lot to answer for....

So nationalism trumps the teachings of Christ? Country first, then God?

:cuckoo: Never said that, not even close.

Where does Obama fall short in that regard? Doesn't he love his enemies enough? That was one of Christ's teachings.

Doesn't he love the terrorists as much as all the good Conservative Christians do?

And by the way, Christ had more than a few choice words about hypocrites. So libs in general, and especially Obama, will have a lot to answer for....

Am I reading, "I'm going to heaven because I'm republican and democrats are going to hell because they're democrats"?

If not, please correct me.

I have no idea where you delusional libs dream up of your strawmen. :cuckoo:

Again, why does anyone in a Politics message board, care what "Bill Graham's son" said about our POTUS?

The Christian Right goes to great lengths to comingle religion and politics.

And the Atheist Left does not? The Left is ten times more guilty of mingling their religion with politics than the right. Their religion is that all good works can only be done and should be done through the government.

I didn't read this whole thread, so this may be redundant, but what Christian do you know that would insist that any thing Christian be removed or covered up before he could walk in the door like Obomb did at Notre Dame and Georgetown? Isn't that kind of a tip off? :lol:

So.........tell me again how greed and avarice "follow the teachings of Christ"?

Graham said, "Obama told me he goes to a Christian Church so that PROVES he's a Christian. But to me, you have to follow the teachings of Christ which Obama clearly doesn't, and that is the ONLY way you can be a Christian, not just go to a church".

And yet, wasn't that just what he was doing? Not only did he question it, it "clearly" sounded as if he was saying Obama is not a Christian.

If you use a quote, then quote it accurately. Graham never stated as you wrote "But to me, you have to follow the teachings of Christ which Obama clearly doesn't, and that is the ONLY way you can be a Christian, not just go to a church".

The actual quote, not your interpretation of it was:
"But to me, you have to follow the teachings of Christ which Obama clearly doesn't, and that is the ONLY way you can be a Christian, not just go to a church".

Am I reading, "I'm going to heaven because I'm republican and democrats are going to hell because they're democrats"?

You're a party-line voting republican who calls himself a conservative, so I can confidently say you don't have the slightest clue what the words liberal and conservative mean. I'll give you a pass if you didn't live in the United States from 2001-2007 with full republican power, at that point in time the most liberal 6 years in US government history.

You said democrats will have to answer to Jesus for being hypocrites, without saying republicans will have to also, what I said was a very fair and basic follow up question.

You're a party-line voting republican who calls himself a conservative, so I can confidently say you don't have the slightest clue what the words liberal and conservative mean. I'll give you a pass if you didn't live in the United States from 2001-2007 with full republican power, at that point in time the most liberal 6 years in US government history.

You said democrats will have to answer to Jesus for being hypocrites, without saying republicans will have to also, what I said was a very fair and basic follow up question.
i did not get the same spin as you cite in your post, bro....how long have you been suffering from republican derangement syndrome? :eusa_eh:

i did not get the same spin as you cite in your post, bro....how long have you been suffering from republican derangement syndrome? :eusa_eh:

I didn't even understand that post, but I'm sure it was a hilarious joke that went over my head.

So.........tell me again how greed and avarice "follow the teachings of Christ"?

ok ok :tongue: ........I'll tell ya again. Greed and avarice do not follow the teachings of Christ. They are fruits of the human spirit. < which is way we are told to put that sucker to death daily, but we don't always do what we are told. We sort of settle for a hybridized soul. (These things I'll handle as a Christian,and these things I'll use the human approach.) Not right, but very human.
Being Islamic does not make you Allah. Becoming a Buddhist do not make you Buddha, being Christian does not make us Christ. All we can do is strive.
Here is an example. I'm greedy. I want every 60's muscle car I see. I'm also a Christian. And I drive those cars way too fast. So I break the law sometimes, but I still love Christ.

We are as :cuckoo: as you are. But I believe that Christ is the son of God, and he paid a debt that I owed, and I love him.

Last edited:

ok ok :tongue: ........I'll tell ya again. Greed and avarice do not follow the teachings of Christ. They are fruits of the human spirit. < which is way we are told to put that sucker to death daily, but we don't always do what we are told. We sort of settle for a hybridized soul. (These things I'll handle as a Christian,and these things I'll use the human approach.) Not right, but very human.
Being Islamic does not make you Allah. Becoming a Buddhist do not make you Buddha, being Christian does not make us Christ. All we can do is strive.
Here is an example. I'm greedy. I want every 60's muscle car I see. I'm also a Christian. And I drive those cars way too fast. So I break the law sometimes, but I still love Christ.

We are as :cuckoo: as you are. But I believe that Christ is the son of God, and he paid a debt that I owed, and I love him.

Actually.......being a Buddhist DOES mean you become a Buddha.

Buddhas
Gautama Buddha, 1st century CE, GandharaMain article: Buddhahood
TheravadaIn Theravada doctrine, a person may awaken from the "sleep of ignorance" by directly realizing the true nature of reality; such people are called arahants and occasionally buddhas. After numerous lifetimes of spiritual striving, they have reached the end of the cycle of rebirth, no longer reincarnating as human, animal, ghost, or other being. The commentaries to the Pali Canon classify these awakened beings into three types:

Sammasambuddha, usually just called Buddha, who discovers the truth by himself and teaches the path to awakening to others
Paccekabuddha, who discovers the truth by himself but lacks the skill to teach others
Savakabuddha, who receive the truth directly or indirectly from a Sammasambuddha
Bodhi and nirvana carry the same meaning, that of being freed from craving, hate, and delusion. In attaining bodhi, the arahant has overcome these obstacles. As a further distinction, the extinction of only hatred and greed (in the sensory context) with some residue of delusion, is called anagami.

Wikipedia is your friend.

If everyone is Buddha why does it take them so many trips?
Christ got it right the first time.

I'm suppose to treat my husband like he was Christ. He's not.
The Bible calls him a saint. He's not that either.

But he strives, so I love him too.

Last edited:
If everyone is Buddha why does it take them so many trips?
Christ got it right the first time.

I'm suppose to treat my husband like he was Christ. He's not.
The Bible calls him a saint. He's not that either.

But he strives, so I love him too.

It doesn't necessarily take them so many trips. It depends on what you learn in this life.

If you're gonna talk about something, don't you think you should at least know a little bit about it?

He loves our enemies more than he loves his own country?

Funny, I think Republicans hate Obama more than they love the country.

The 'funny' is you claiming to think. You are no more a thinker than Obama is a Christian. Attending a Christian Church does not make one a Christian. Believing in Christ makes one a Christian.

In my opinion, Obama is a 'jacket Christian'. One who thinks he has to display a faith for political expedience so he throws his jacket on and goes to church.

From this agnostics observations, that describes the majority that call themselves Christians.

Oh my, surely you don't mean that, Irish? I mean, you are condemning the whole of the Conservative movement that have praised greed as a virtue.

Forum List

Back