Graham - Obama no Christian - didn't hear it from me

R

rdean

So this woman interviewer with a Middle Eastern background, Christine A - something was interviewing the son of Billy Graham. She asked him if Obama was a Christian.

Graham said, "Obama told me he goes to a Christian Church so that PROVES he's a Christian. But to me, you have to follow the teachings of Christ which Obama clearly doesn't, and that is the ONLY way you can be a Christian, not just go to a church".

Then Christine said, "So then, is Obama a Christian?"

Then Graham said, "Well, he says he is. It's not for me to question another person's faith".

And yet, wasn't that just what he was doing? Not only did he question it, it "clearly" sounded as if he was saying Obama is not a Christian.

Last edited by a moderator:
So this woman interviewer with a Middle Eastern background, Christine A - something was interviewing the son of Billy Graham. She asked him if Obama was a Christian.

Graham said, "Obama told me he goes to a Christian Church so that PROVES he's a Christian. But to me, you have to follow the teachings of Christ which Obama clearly doesn't, and that if the ONLY way you can be a Christian, not just go to a church".

Then Graham said, "Well, he says he is. It's not for me to question another person's faith".

And yet, wasn't that just what he was doing?

LOL Obama a Christian oh ya that's a good one Skippy

Graham said, "Obama told me he goes to a Christian Church so that PROVES he's a Christian. But to me, you have to follow the teachings of Christ which Obama clearly doesn't, and that is the ONLY way you can be a Christian, not just go to a church".

And yet, wasn't that just what he was doing? Not only did he question it, it "clearly" sounded as if he was saying Obama is not a Christian.
Graham is no Christian.

Do you have to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ to be a Christian? Where did Graham get that idea?

Where does Obama fall short in that regard? Doesn't he love his enemies enough? That was one of Christ's teachings.

Doesn't he love the terrorists as much as all the good Conservative Christians do?

I don't think he's a christian, but here in America the most important thing to voters is proving how christian you are on the campaign trail if you plan on being president.

We could all be given crystal balls that show candidate X would be the greatest president in US history, if he wasn't christian, we still wouldn't elect him.

Ummmm, just asking, but who gives a shit what the "son of" (obviously not important enough to have his own name), Billy Graham thinks about the most powerful person in the free world?

Do you have to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ to be a Christian? Where did Graham get that idea?

Where does Obama fall short in that regard? Doesn't he love his enemies enough? That was one of Christ's teachings.

Doesn't he love the terrorists as much as all the good Conservative Christians do?

Obama's problem is he loves our enemies more than he loves his own country.

And by the way, Christ had more than a few choice words about hypocrites. So libs in general, and especially Obama, will have a lot to answer for....

And by the way, Christ had more than a few choice words about hypocrites. So libs in general, and especially Obama, will have a lot to answer for....

Am I reading, "I'm going to heaven because I'm republican and democrats are going to hell because they're democrats"?

If not, please correct me.

When Michael Savage returned to the air on Wednesday, he mocked Obama's address about Easter and the Resurrection.

"He claims to be a practicing Christian," Savage joked about the president. "For a man with two Muslim fathers, he's doing a pretty good job of being a practicing Christian."

Comparing Obama to a criminal who "finds Jesus" in prison, Savage added, "You can't pee on our backs and call it rain..... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU6ybY56590&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Michael Savage-Abuse of Power!-April 20, 2011 hour 1 all segments[/ame]

When Michael Savage returned to the air on Wednesday, he mocked Obama's address about Easter and the Resurrection.

"He claims to be a practicing Christian," Savage joked about the president. "For a man with two Muslim fathers, he's doing a pretty good job of being a practicing Christian."

Comparing Obama to a criminal who "finds Jesus" in prison, Savage added, "You can't pee on our backs and call it rain..... YouTube - Michael Savage-Abuse of Power!-April 20, 2011 hour 1 all segments

I'm not defending Obama I think the whole christian thing is a political game, but I have a catholic mom and stepdad and a methodist dad, and I'm an unapologetic atheist.

I know most people just believe whatever their parents do and don't really think about it, but not everyone so you can't just assume it based on parents religion.

This is a topic based stayed out of by Conservatives and Christians.

Why?

A Christian knows that it is not up to us to decide who is "Christian" and who isn't. We realize that we sit besides non-Christians everyday even in church on Sunday.

I, for one, do not know what President Obama's beliefs are. I pray that he has found true faith and is Heaven bound just as I pray for others. I wish no ill will upon our President even though I am both Christian and conservative.

What Franklin Graham is saying here is that President Obama says that his going to church proves that he is a Christian. Graham disagrees with the President's belief that going to church makes one a Christian. So do I. Non-Christians go to church all the time, some every Sunday. Graham also states his own beliefs which are that to be a Christian you must follow the teachings of Christ and that attending church regularly is not all it takes. In that, I disagree with Mr. Graham. None of us follow the teachings of Christ to the letter of the Law. If following the teachings of Christ were the way to Heaven, we're all Hell Bound.

There is only one road to salvation and that comes through the Grace of God.

May the Grace of God be merciful to us all.

Immie

This is a topic based stayed out of by Conservatives and Christians.

Why?

A Christian knows that it is not up to us to decide who is "Christian" and who isn't. We realize that we sit besides non-Christians everyday even in church on Sunday.

I, for one, do not know what President Obama's beliefs are. I pray that he has found true faith and is Heaven bound just as I pray for others. I wish no ill will upon our President even though I am both Christian and conservative.

What Franklin Graham is saying here is that President Obama says that his going to church proves that he is a Christian. Graham disagrees with the President's belief that going to church makes one a Christian. So do I. Non-Christians go to church all the time, some every Sunday. Graham also states his own beliefs which are that to be a Christian you must follow the teachings of Christ and that attending church regularly is not all it takes. In that, I disagree with Mr. Graham. None of us follow the teachings of Christ to the letter of the Law. If following the teachings of Christ were the way to Heaven, we're all Hell Bound.

There is only one road to salvation and that comes through the Grace of God.

May the Grace of God be merciful to us all.

Immie
I highly doubt Graham is quoting Obama accurately, IF AT ALL!!!!!
"Profit" Graham has no credibility. He's a money changer.

So nationalism trumps the teachings of Christ? Country first, then God?

He loves our enemies more than he loves his own country?

Funny, I think Republicans hate Obama more than they love the country.

Again, why does anyone in a Politics message board, care what "Bill Graham's son" said about our POTUS?

The Christian Right goes to great lengths to comingle religion and politics.

Somehow, they think "Christian" government isn't "big" government. Only it would by 10 times bigger, 100 times worse, and a thousand times more dangerous.

Yeah....they think we have sex scandals in government now. Can you imagine if the religious fanatics had their way and wormed themselves even more into our government?

So nationalism trumps the teachings of Christ? Country first, then God?

you should really stick to the fact that his premise was a lie. you don't even have to get to his religious beliefs.

Forum List

Back