Graham - Obama no Christian - didn't hear it from me

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by rdean, Apr 25, 2011.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,963
    So this woman interviewer with a Middle Eastern background, Christine A - something was interviewing the son of Billy Graham. She asked him if Obama was a Christian.

Graham said, "Obama told me he goes to a Christian Church so that PROVES he's a Christian. But to me, you have to follow the teachings of Christ which Obama clearly doesn't, and that is the ONLY way you can be a Christian, not just go to a church".

Then Christine said, "So then, is Obama a Christian?"

Then Graham said, "Well, he says he is. It's not for me to question another person's faith".

And yet, wasn't that just what he was doing? Not only did he question it, it "clearly" sounded as if he was saying Obama is not a Christian.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  2. Robert

Robert Really nice Guy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +192
    LOL Obama a Christian oh ya that's a good one Skippy

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. edthecynic

edthecynic Censored for Cynicism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,699
    Graham is no Christian.

4. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,242
    Do you have to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ to be a Christian? Where did Graham get that idea?

Where does Obama fall short in that regard? Doesn't he love his enemies enough? That was one of Christ's teachings.

Doesn't he love the terrorists as much as all the good Conservative Christians do?

5. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    I don't think he's a christian, but here in America the most important thing to voters is proving how christian you are on the campaign trail if you plan on being president.

We could all be given crystal balls that show candidate X would be the greatest president in US history, if he wasn't christian, we still wouldn't elect him.

6. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Ummmm, just asking, but who gives a shit what the "son of" (obviously not important enough to have his own name), Billy Graham thinks about the most powerful person in the free world?

7. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,787
    Obama's problem is he loves our enemies more than he loves his own country.

And by the way, Christ had more than a few choice words about hypocrites. So libs in general, and especially Obama, will have a lot to answer for....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    Am I reading, "I'm going to heaven because I'm republican and democrats are going to hell because they're democrats"?

If not, please correct me.

9. Bosun

Bosun Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37
    When Michael Savage returned to the air on Wednesday, he mocked Obama's address about Easter and the Resurrection.

"He claims to be a practicing Christian," Savage joked about the president. "For a man with two Muslim fathers, he's doing a pretty good job of being a practicing Christian."

Comparing Obama to a criminal who "finds Jesus" in prison, Savage added, "You can't pee on our backs and call it rain..... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU6ybY56590&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Michael Savage-Abuse of Power!-April 20, 2011 hour 1 all segments[/ame]

10. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    I'm not defending Obama I think the whole christian thing is a political game, but I have a catholic mom and stepdad and a methodist dad, and I'm an unapologetic atheist.

I know most people just believe whatever their parents do and don't really think about it, but not everyone so you can't just assume it based on parents religion.