Gov't Gives $445M To Public Broadcasting Amid Slimdown...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Wait, didn't George Soros just give PBS & NPR a big ole pile of cash? Bought him the firing of Juan Williams no? Do we want or need Government-Funded Media anymore?

Funding for clinical cancer trials and other life-saving research under the National Institutes of Health was cut off in response to the government slimdown, but it looks like the cookie monster will still be knee-deep in chocolate chips (or is it carrots now?)

According to the Daily Treasury Statement and first reported by CNS News, the administration dished out $445 million to the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) on the first day of the slimdown, which means funds for the likes of PBS Newshour, NPR and “Sesame Street” are being spent before cancer research.

“It certainly looks like ‘you scratch my back, and I’ll scratch yours,” he continued. “Liberals see PBS and NPR as their own personal sandbox, as a supposed balance of the ‘capitalist bias’ of the commercial networks, as silly as that sounds.”

But the CPB defended their big payday, telling FOX411 in a statement that their funding was "indispensable"and provide jobs for thousands of people...

Read More:
Corporation for Public Broadcasting got $445 million on first day of government slimdown; calls funding 'indispensible' | Fox News

But NO.. we don't have unnecessary and wasteful spending.. now give us more money you rich assholes.. We need foodstamps because we can't afford a pizza after buying a carton on newports and a fifth of dickels... and you best not look at us funny while you subsidize health insurance

I think the Communists should fund their own propaganda. It's about time. Taxpayers should not be forced to fund propaganda. Period, end of story.

Forum List

Back