Governor Cuomo "Confiscation is an option." Starts arresting veterans.

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
Since 1994, magazines over 10 rounds have been illegal. This month, Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed legislation that makes any ammunition feeding device over 7 rounds illicit in New York.

“He’s not proclaiming innocence,” Michael Haddad told me in a phone interview. “He thought he had something that was legal and it turned out that they weren’t.” Michael said that his brother told him that, “‘I was arrested. I was charged with a crime. It is what it is.’”

I guess he should obey the law. Who cares?

A police source also said that the magazines were stamped with the words “Restricted. For military use only.”

For the possession of the magazines, Mr. Haddad was arrested, booked in county jail and charged with five counts of criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree, according to the arrest report.

A gun smart guy like that KNEW what he was selling.

Why do liberals freak out over "high capacity" magazines? You know it only takes a second to reload a magazine right?

Its ok to own 20 "normal capacity" magazines, but to own 1 high capacity and you're a danger?

Liberal logic....

Why do liberals freak out over "high capacity" magazines? You know it only takes a second to reload a magazine right?

Its ok to own 20 "normal capacity" magazines, but to own 1 high capacity and you're a danger?

Liberal logic....

No what that really is isn't liberal logic, it's AUTHORITARIAN logic.

That said, I agree with you that such logic is dubious.

Liberal logic....

If its no big deal to change a magazine, why are the gun nutters going bat shit crazy over the idea of limiting the number of rounds a magizine can hold.

I mean, what is the big fuking deal if you can't have them?

As you and the other nutters point out repeatedly; it only takes a second or so to change your magazines.

Right winger gun nutters logic; I can't fuking hit what I am shooting at with a thirty round magazine.
That's why I need more. and more and more. Maybe with pray and spray, I'll get lucky and hit something.

I liked the gun story that was reported here in my area. This past weekend, we had the Bill Goodman gun and knife show. I visitor bought himself a new holster. Unfortunately, when he was putting his gun in his new holster, he shot his finger off. Wonder if it was his trigger finger?

Or how about the guy driving around with his dog and his pistol. Then the dog shot the guy with his pistol. The guy didn't know his gun was loaded. Or that his dog was mad at him.

You can't make this shit up.

Liberal logic....

If its no big deal to change a magazine, why are the gun nutters going bat shit crazy over the idea of limiting the number of rounds a magizine can hold.

As you and the other nutters point out repeatedly; it only takes a second or so to change your magazines.

because it is a pointless law that has only one goal. Get the foot in the door so people can eventually get more and stricter gun control.

A few comments...

There are plenty of magazines with "Restricted Government Use Only" phrases stamped on them. They were made during the magazine ban before, and issued to military and police only. Of course, surplus from those groups always filters out to gun shows, trash cans, etc. So, they're floating around, but are no different at all than any other legal one, and in now way "illegal" because of that phrase.

If there was/is a law against those mags in that state, the man must follow it. Yes, veterans must follow the same laws the rest of us do.

Someone commented that right wing nuts cant shoot well, and thus, need the hi cap mags. I remember in police academy a firearms instructor showed us a study of police marksmanship over 20 years. The Glock pistols and M4's have become extremely popular in law enforcement. But at one time, they used only revolvers and shotguns. Study after study have shown that police accuracy per shot plummeted with the higher capacity mags. "Spray and pray" became far more popular. They said the revolver forced more training and accuracy, due to low ammo. AND....over the same 20 years, the number of cops killed on duty has increased, as their overall accuracy has gone down. There are many factors, such as budget cuts taking away crucial training and bad guys having better weapons to use. Just a thought. But when you only have 6 shots, you sure as hell are gonna make 'em count.

Hopefully Coumo is destroying his chances to become President.

Consider his chances destroyed:

ALBANY – Gov. Cuomo’s job approval rating dropped faster than a speeding bullet this month as Republicans and gun owners started turning against him after he rammed through the nation’s first post-Newtown gun control law, a new poll has found.

Democrat Cuomo’s approval marks slid from 74-13 percent last month to 59-28 in the Quinnipiac poll out today — a day after the New York-affiliate of the National Rifle Association filed a notice of claim to sue to stop enforcement of the law, arguing it unconstitutionally deprives New Yorkers of their rights.

--SNIP--

Support for Cuomo dropped across the board. His approval rating among independents fell from 70-12 to 54-32, among Democrats from 82-9 to 74-14, among women from 73-12 to 64-23 and among men from 74-14 to 54-33.

Cuomo's approval rating plummets after NY passes gun control law: poll - NYPOST.com

The vets need to hide their ammo.

Who knows. They may need it one day.

obama is releasing thousands of illegal alien criminals out onto the streets. Assuredly the vets, and all of us, will be needing those weapons.

Liberal logic....

Strawman. What we actually take issue over is your arrogance in thinking you have some right to make idiotic dictates about what the rest of us are allowed to own.

Thought you right wingers believe in the States' right to make such decisions?

The guy violated a law of New York.

Cuomo is, after all from the same tribe that bequeathed us Mussolini. The eventiual goal of all Democrats is total control of everything you do. Their reasoning being is "How can the people expect us to get the trains to run on time if millions of disparate individuals are out there, all doing their own separate thing?" Doubly damned. Besides that, their philosophy is "Everything is the property of the state" the big bang theory of societal development, and you only have what you have from the benevolence of the state "You didn't build that!"

Last edited:

You are aware the the Supreme Court has interpreted the Fourteenth Amendment, so that no State could pass laws that violate the Bill of Rights in the United States Constitution?

State gun control is as illegal as federal gun control.

If you want to argue that, then State laws banning free speech and freedom of assembly are legal. Is that the argument you are trying to make?

Also, the most successful use of the Second Amendment, to overthrow tyranny, in United States history, was to overthrow the STATE government of Tennessee, in 1946. It is known as the Battle of Athens.

Last edited:
Right winger gun nutters logic; I can't fuking hit what I am shooting at with a thirty round magazine.
That's why I need more. and more and more. Maybe with pray and spray, I'll get lucky and hit something.

I liked the gun story that was reported here in my area. This past weekend, we had the Bill Goodman gun and knife show. I visitor bought himself a new holster. Unfortunately, when he was putting his gun in his new holster, he shot his finger off. Wonder if it was his trigger finger?

Or how about the guy driving around with his dog and his pistol. Then the dog shot the guy with his pistol. The guy didn't know his gun was loaded. Or that his dog was mad at him.

You can't make this shit up.

Because its really not about the thirty, twenty, ten round mag. Its about you not being able to circumvent the second and offer up your wrong subjective sordid view.

You are aware the the Supreme Court has interpreted the Fourteenth Amendment, so that no State could pass laws that violate the Bill of Rights in the United States Constitution?

State gun control is as illegal as federal gun control.

If you want to argue that, then State laws banning free speech and freedom of assembly are legal. Is that the argument you are trying to make?

Also, the most successful use of the Second Amendment, to overthrow tyranny, in United States history, was to overthrow the STATE government of Tennessee, in 1946. It is known as the Battle of Athens.

A state ban on high capacity magazines has not been found to be unconstitutional.

States rights!

I bet confiscation of guns would be found unconstitutional, though.

Forum List

Back