Government killing private charity

0.o

I've never seen a program with hands or a mouth....

They are comprised of people--yes--it's true. Paid people sometimes unless they can find volunteers who will do it for free. The paid employees like that better.

Ah.

Wellll, if I had to hazard a guess I would bet a passing police car or a concerned neighbor was to blame, not a jealous government employee.

The police probably would ignore the event

Yes, I found a town that passed a zoning law that prohibits clotheslines, and you insist that it proves your point. Nice.

The only way you could be a bigger shithead is if argued that I'm wrong about towns not banning cloths lines is if you pointed out that towns don't allow people to hang laundry in the streets.

Fucktard, the link you gave shows that NO ONE in that town in banned from having a clothes line in their yard. Do you just get off being stupid?

Under pressure from the community, the local leaders agreed to let Prattis finish her mission this summer, but told her she would need a zoning variance to resume the operation next summer.

Thus the OP thread title is a lie, government is in no way ‘killing’ charity; the program may continue once the zoning variance is obtained. And the program is allowed to continue to the end of the summer.

The City has a responsibility to ensure the safety and well being of all residents, children in particular. The City would be grossly negligent and remiss in its responsibilities by allowing food distribution of this sort to proceed unmonitored, it’s naïve and ignorant to maintain otherwise.

This is a non-issue, and the thread is a failed and pathetic attempt to vilify government when it is merely carrying out its responsibilities in good faith.

A zoning variance costs money that would better serve the community by providing food and a safe place for the local children. A request for a variance doesn't mean it would be granted. But it's all OK, the kids can go hungry. As long as government gets its pound of flesh.

I do not approve of code enforcement anywhere. I especially despise the codes adopted by home owner associations that make laundry lines a violation. Can anyone explain the rationale behind making the greenest method of drying clothes impossible for anyone to use?
Those are rules private businesses put out. Govt codes aren't too over-the top, but in a square-block of suburbia, there's a half billion in real estate which people are busting their asses to maintain and build as equity for themselves and their progeny. Code, like other laws, are the consented will of these folks aiming to protect these investments of time and money.

You freedom fiends need to give the discipline horse a ride every once in a while. You'd realize that as Americans, we've got to cooperate to improve our circumstances. We have to reach a few expectations which we don't just make ourselves. It's the bar of entry for living in or near the city.

I don't need to put others down to improve my circumstances, and I refuse to cooperate with anyone who feels a need to put others down to improve themselves.

You'll find that your lack of discipline will make it hard for you to enter social contracts in localities with many people. So, like I said, the closer you get to a metropolitan area, the more someone like you will run into trouble or find yourself bitchin about codes.

Those are rules private businesses put out. Govt codes aren't too over-the top, but in a square-block of suburbia, there's a half billion in real estate which people are busting their asses to maintain and build as equity for themselves and their progeny. Code, like other laws, are the consented will of these folks aiming to protect these investments of time and money.

You freedom fiends need to give the discipline horse a ride every once in a while. You'd realize that as Americans, we've got to cooperate to improve our circumstances. We have to reach a few expectations which we don't just make ourselves. It's the bar of entry for living in or near the city.

I don't need to put others down to improve my circumstances, and I refuse to cooperate with anyone who feels a need to put others down to improve themselves.

You'll find that your lack of discipline will make it hard for you to enter social contracts in localities with many people. So, like I said, the closer you get to a metropolitan area, the more someone like you will run into trouble or find yourself bitchin about codes.

Read my signature, me not liking rules is your problem, not mine.

Gee, might there be a reason why some of us prefer to avoid metropolitan areas to the greatest extent possible? Personally, I find living that close to that many of "those" people about as repulsive an idea as possible. If only those metropolites would return the favor and stay the hell out of our woods...

Gee, might there be a reason why some of us prefer to avoid metropolitan areas to the greatest extent possible? Personally, I find living that close to that many of "those" people about as repulsive an idea as possible. If only those metropolites would return the favor and stay the hell out of our woods...
I feel you there, bud. I mostly live in the city, but have countryside I visit to savor the other side of the fence. There's a lot more to my life than merely my legal freedoms, so I enjoy the ready access to opportunity and entertainment here, though.

My philosophy states that the age and size (population and density) of a democratic social contract impacts the freedom of the individuals within it.

Our country is split politically between folks who are comfortable with these more structured contracts and those who aren't.

I feel you there, bud. I mostly live in the city, but have countryside I visit to savor the other side of the fence. There's a lot more to my life than merely my legal freedoms, so I enjoy the ready access to opportunity and entertainment here, though.

My philosophy states that the age and size (population and density) of a democratic social contract impacts the freedom of the individuals within it.

Our country is split politically between folks who are comfortable with these more structured contracts and those who aren't.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the theatre, ballet, and especially the opera when I lived in Munich. I just don't like that ant-hill feeling, and the idea that I have to lock my car doors when I am stopped at a traffic light...and that need to carry concealed because I know that the bad guys have me outgunned if I don't. I'm a real fan of Wagner, Puccini, Bizet, and their ilk.

Forum List

Back