Governer Palin to Congress: More earmarks, please!

It goes without saying that the same is true with me.

What do you do, if you don't mind me asking?

Insurance..Senior products, Medicare Supplements, final expense,Long Term Care, Annuities etc.:cool:

I guess Medicare makes up a large percentage of your income...probably more than me! :)

It's late...too late. Time for a few hours of sleep.

lol, nite bro. Enjoyed the conversation.

It is possible ... while there are laws that are suppose to keep businesses from discriminating against the elderly and disabled ... they find ways around it. It becomes a trap, one that I was in and only got out by chance really ... well, more like I was placing myself in the right places at the right times so that eventually I would be able to start making money again without having to get a "regular" job.

There are ways but not for the vast majority.
but she still has to PAY INTO the PONZI scheme

I'm just saying I "guess" it's possible for a few, black market operatives, selling your services or products for cash, say a painter, that sort of thing, they shootin themselves in the foot though, course it's too late to get me started on that one,lol. nite all!

Guess what geniouses the earmarks are by and large one of the few things in this smoking pile of hot dung that is actually allowed by the constistution.

Conservatives:

"ABSOLUTELY NO EARMARKS!......But since they passed, I'll take a few."

"ENTITLEMENTS SHOULD BE STOPPED!......But when I turn 65, I'll take Medicare."

In case you didn't know we/along with our employers pay into Medicare & are FORCED to take medicare when one hits 65. For proof take a look at your next pay-check stub if you work? "A 65 year old has no choice." Their private medical insurance program automatically kicks them off the private insurance program--when one hits 65 years old. The 65 year old is then put on Medicare & may opt to obtain a supplementary insurance program that covers what Medicare won't pay for.

It would be real pleasant, if before you made a reply, you actually knew what you were talking about!

Too add--Alaskans pay federal income tax, don't they? They are not exempt from paying federal income tax--so why would they want to pay the tab on your earmarks while not receiving any of their own?

You guys are laughable. It wasn't Sarah Palin that asked for earmarks nor signed this massive bill into law. THAT WAS YOUR GUY!

Last edited:
Alaska receives more federal money per capita than any other state, in spite of the fact that Alaska has untold tax revenue from oil wealth. Much of this can be attributed to the long career of Ted Stevens.

The $250 million dollar appropriation for the "bridge to nowhere" was particularly egregious to me since I live in an area of 2 million people that desperately needs new bridges.

Last edited:
Alaska receives more federal money per capita than any other state, in spite of the fact that Alaska has untold tax revenue from oil wealth. Much of this can be attributed to the long career of Ted Stevens.

The $250 million dollar appropriation for the "bridge to nowhere" was particularly aggreious to me, since I live in an area of 2 million people that desperately needs new bridges.

i can't begin to tell you how badly i feel that you find it "aggreious". perhaps if you said it in english....

cretin.

Oblahblah said earmarks are ok, thanks for playing.......

This has nothing to do with Obama. Try reading the article.

It has EVERTHING to do with Obama--he promised through-out the campaign season that he would not sign bills with earmarks in them. He lied. He stated on two different occasions that there were no EARMARKS in the 787 BILLION dollar stimulus--we find out that at least 1/3 of the bill is for earmarks. He lied.

He gave a speech just two weeks ago--blasting earmarks & then SIGNS this ominus bill that is loaded with over 9000 earmarks. It's his signature on these bills not Sarah Palin's.

BTW--you noted in your article that was congressmen from Alaska that asked for these earmarks--not Sarah Palin. Congressmen ask for earmarks--Not govenors. That is not their job.

Nice try to smoke--screen the issue in a futile attempt to take our eyes off of President Obama--but it isn't working.

Usually, he just goes after Palin's children.

Sarah Palin: More Earmark Hypocrisy | Mother Jones

On the campaign trail last year, Alaska's Republican governor, Sarah Palin, sold herself as a crusading reformer who despised earmarks--those federal spending projects that Capitol Hill legislators of both parties slip into appropriations bills. Though her claim to have turned down an earmark for the now-infamous Bridge to Nowhere was debunked by assorted media outlets, she kept on insisting that if she were elected vice president, she would lead a charge in Washington against earmarks.

That was then. The omnibus spending bill that President Barack Obama signed on Wednesday includes earmarks that Palin sought.

The $410 billion bill has been lambasted by Republicans and a few Democrats for being loaded with nearly 9,000 earmarks covering $7.7 billion in projects. Senator John McCain, Palin's former ticket-mate, has blasted Obama for supporting the earmark-laden legislation. ("So much for the promise of change," an angry McCain howled from the Senate floor.) But earmarks in the bill are quite generous to Palin's state. According to Taxpayers for Common Sense, a Washington-based watchdog group, Alaska will receive more money, per capita, from the bill's earmarks than any other state. (Alaska will pocket $209.71 for each state resident.) One hundred earmarks in the bill, worth a total of $143.9 million, are tagged for Palin's state.

Asked by Mother Jones about the Alaska earmarks, Bill McAllister, Palin's communications director, pointed to Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) and Rep. Don Young (R-Alaska) as responsible for these provisions. But in an email, he noted that a "few of [the Alaska earmarks] were requested directly" by Palin. But how many? And which ones? McAllister declined to say. Mother Jones also asked McAllister if Palin believes it was appropriate for Murkowski and Young to insert these earmarks into the legislation and whether she will reject any earmarked funds. He did not answer those queries either.

You oughta can your Palin hypocrisy and worry about Obambas...

Obama & Earmarks: One Year Ago This Week

March 11, 2009 2:01 PM

Then-Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., one year ago this week, swooped in from the campaign trail to -- along with then-Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-NY, and Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz. -- vote for an amendment to impose a one-year moratorium on earmarks for fiscal year 2009.

All three then-presidential candidates voted for the amendment,offered by Sen. Jim DeMint, R-SC.

It failed: 71 NAYs, 29 YEAs.

Candidate Obama said then "we can no longer accept a process that doles out earmarks based on a member of Congress’ seniority, rather than the merit of the project. We can no longer accept an earmarks process that has become so complicated to navigate that a municipality or non-profit group has to hire high-priced D.C. lobbyists to do it. And we can no longer accept an earmarks process in which many of the projects being funded fail to address the real needs of our country."

Political Punch: Obama & Earmarks: One Year Ago This Week

How funny. You guys are willing to overlook Palin's hypocrisy but not Obama's. And how many of you right-wingers voted for her to be our VP?

In other words, Obama's hypocrisy matters more because of the D next to his name, but whenever a Republican is a hypocrite.. well, the elephant's shit don't stink, eh?

Losers.

How funny. You guys are willing to overlook Palin's hypocrisy but not Obama's. And how many of you right-wingers voted for her to be our VP?

In other words, Obama's hypocrisy matters more because of the D next to his name, but whenever a Republican is a hypocrite.. well, the elephant's shit don't stink, eh?

Losers.

one more time, Palin wasn't running against Obama for President. McCain was. and before you assume McCain would have died, his mother is 94 FUCKING YEARS OLD.

Losers.

damn, just when i think your stupidity has peaked...you assault the heights yet again.

the hypocrisy of some rube sitting in alaska has zero effect on my life- POTUS is a different story.

get it, dorkboi?

Losers.

damn, just when i think your stupidity has peaked...you assault the heights yet again.

the hypocrisy of some rube sitting in alaska has zero effect on my life- POTUS is a different story.

get it, dorkboi?

rube was better. cheap shoes and bag, anyone?

It looks like, once again, I'm going to have to cut through the liberal bullshit and fuzzy English they use to obfuscate and outright lie about issues.

In addition to being a biased, lying liberal rag and an utterly unreliable source of information, Mother Jones also wouldn't know a real earmark if one fell through their office window. They have this in common with most leftists. Contrary to popular opinion, just because a spending item appears in a piece of legislation - particularly when the legislation in question is spending to begin with - doesn't make it an earmark.

According to the OMB (look it up, leftists), an earmark is defined as "funds provided by the Congress for projects or programs where the congressional direction (in bill or report language) circumvents Executive Branch merit-based or competitive allocation processes, or specifies the location or recipient, or otherwise curtails the ability of the Executive Branch to manage critical aspects of the funds allocation process." Their website has much more detailed explanations of exactly what constitutes an earmark. Earmark Definition

So how's about you twerps explain to us EXACTLY how the spending items in question meet these criteria, and THEN we'll discuss it, rather than you expecting us to just take your word for it? And be sure to show your work, children.

Losers.

Sorry Sonny...No matter what Palin said or promised in the comapaign, SHE is in NO position to change anything...SHE LOST.....shes powerless.....
But..
Some asshole that made campaign promises WON and CAN do what he promised, but instead ignores his promises....THATS BEING A HYPOCRITE .....

Losers.

Sorry Sonny...No matter what Palin said or promised in the comapaign, SHE is in NO position to change anything...SHE LOST.....shes powerless.....
But..
Some asshole that made campaign promises WON and CAN do what he promised, but instead ignores his promises....THATS BEING A HYPOCRITE .....

So it's okay if Palin said one thing and did another because she's a Republican? Just admit it -you're a partisan asshole who doesn't see anything other than his own point of view.

Weren't you leaving?

Losers.

one more time, Palin wasn't running against Obama for President. McCain was. and before you assume McCain would have died, his mother is 94 FUCKING YEARS OLD.

Giving the Republican a pass... it's okay, no one's paying attention. She's just the leading contender for the 2012 RNC nomination. Who cares if she's a hypcorite?

Losers.

But..

So it's okay if Palin said one thing and did another because she's a Republican? Just admit it -you're a partisan asshole who doesn't see anything other than his own point of view.

Weren't you leaving?

says the person who thought it was ok for Obama to blow 150 million on his inauguration, but not ok for Palin to spend 150 grand on her wardrobe.

Losers.

But..

Weren't you leaving?
only a blind partisan asshole would think that

she didnt say to put all that shit in the bill
but you damn right she wanted to get Alaska their share
but you god damn know Alaskans will be paying for it

But..

Weren't you leaving?

says the person who thought it was ok for Obama to blow 150 million on his inauguration, but not ok for Palin to spend 150 grand on her wardrobe.

Obama's people were donating to him for his campaign.

Palin's wardrobe was donated to the RNC, not to the campaign directly.

There's a difference.

But..

Weren't you leaving?

no shit
and then was so much of a fucking idiot he bought into every fucking idiotic conspiracy on her family
even AFTER the election

Forum List

Back