Governer Palin to Congress: More earmarks, please!

Conservatives:

"ABSOLUTELY NO EARMARKS!......But since they passed, I'll take a few."

"ENTITLEMENTS SHOULD BE STOPPED!......But when I turn 65, I'll take Medicare."

You gotta play the hand your dealt in life, people that know me will tell you I'm about as free market as you can get; almost to a fault some might say; I loathe a strong and centralized government<here comes the butt> BUT if DC is hell bent on blowing trillions, I'm not going to foolishly say no, my martynism won't do any good against the powers that be. I mean, I'm sure you enjoy your automobile but how many are going to trade their SUV's and Pick ups in for a mule and wagon if the oil companies are ever nationalized? That makes no sense, like when Universal Health Care gets passed, I'm going to do my part to break the mother fuckers, I'm going to have a Neurologist start at one end and a Podiatrist and a Proctologist start at my other two "centers" and meet my Cardiologist and Pulmonologist in the middle, I highly recommend ALL conservatives and Libertarians do this...clog the god damn system, let's get ours...we're paying for it any God Damn way!

Last edited:
Conservatives:

You gotta play the hand your dealt in life, people that know me will tell you I'm about as free market as you can get; almost to a fault some might say; I loathe a strong and centralized government<here comes the butt> BUT if DC is hell bent on blowing trillions, I'm not going to foolishly say no, my martynism won't do any good against the powers that be. I mean, I'm sure you enjoy your automobile but how many are going to trade their SUV's and Pick ups in for a mule and wagon if the oil companies are ever nationalized? That makes no sense, like when Universal Health Care gets passed, I'm going to do my part to break the mother fuckers, I'm going to have a Neurologist start at one end and a Podiatrist and a Proctologist start at my other two "centers" and meet my Cardiologist and Pulmonologist in the middle, I highly recommend ALL conservatives and Libertarians do this...clog the god damn system, let's get ours...we're paying for it any God Damn way!

The 9000 earmarks made up less than 2% of the spending bill that Congress just passed.

Conservatives:

Interesting...

Not intending any disrespect, but could that be interpreted as words without actions?

Conservatives:

The 9000 earmarks made up less than 2% of the spending bill that Congress just passed.

You won't ever see me bitching about earmarks:cool: Fuck it, Republicans want to spend 12 billion a month blowing shit up in Iraq just to rebuild but want to bitch because my Congressman get $200000 put in for a water system?!! puh leese!:cuckoo: Same with the fucking Liberals who send billions to Africa or want to save the Ozone for my great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great grand kids or save the polar bear but wants to throw my State getting back $1.20 for every $1 they pay in taxes when we are FORCED to deal with all these dumb ass programs, they want to bitch about it, then fucking great! Leave us be to govern our own locales and State governments!

Conservatives:

Interesting...

Not intending any disrespect, but could that be interpreted as words without actions?

Your a Doctor, what do you think I should or could do since I A) oppose UHC and Medicare but am fucked if I don't get on it? Don't get on it, no other insurance is available, Seniors who opt out of Medicare can't see their own Doctors for 2 years and can't get private hospitalization because govt. hates competition and has a monopoly, so your a smart man, what do us peons supposed to do that oppose these programs and have no private options because govt. has either outlawed it or made it unprofitable for the free markets to offer a subsitute to government. Please elaborate on our options.

People love to support govt. and then throw it in State's faces that they really have few options, same for people, get FORCED on Social Security then grip because so many are now destitute and have ONLY SS to live on!

Your a Doctor, what do you think I should or could do since I A) oppose UHC and Medicare but am fucked if I don't get on it? Don't get on it, no other insurance is available, Seniors who opt out of Medicare can't see their own Doctors for 2 years and can't get private hospitalization because govt. hates competition and has a monopoly, so your a smart man, what do us peons supposed to do that oppose these programs and have no private options because govt. has either outlawed it or made it unprofitable for the free markets to offer a subsitute to government. Please elaborate on our options.

Actually, my point is more a commentary on the conservative view on limiting government and spending, yet not taking it to the point of refusing government funding. I'm not judging anyone for taking government funding to which you are entitled. I just find it a little unpalatable when a staunch conservative (far more conservative that thou) rales against Medicare, yet accepts it when given the opportunity.

Once during a debate with a conservative who was completely against any entitlements or government assistance, I asked what should a person do who (for whatever reason) cannot afford anything...food, water, clothing, shelter? Should we as American let a fellow American die? And the other party said "Yes".

So, I suppose you could completely forgo Medicare and all other services, and possibly risk death.

But I don't recommend that. And besides, although you do not agree with it, you have already bought and paid for your share in Medicare. Therefore you should use it.

People love to support govt. and then throw it in State's faces that they really have few options, same for people, get FORCED on Social Security then grip because so many are now destitute and have ONLY SS to live on!

What do you mean "forced on SS"?

Actually, my point is more a commentary on the conservative view on limiting government and spending, yet not taking it to the point of refusing government funding. I'm not judging anyone for taking government funding to which you are entitled. I just find it a little unpalatable when a staunch conservative (far more conservative that thou) rales against Medicare, yet accepts it when given the opportunity.

Once during a debate with a conservative who was completely against any entitlements or government assistance, I asked what should a person do who (for whatever reason) cannot afford anything...food, water, clothing, shelter? Should we as American let a fellow American die? And the other party said "Yes".

So, I suppose you could completely forgo Medicare and all other services, and possibly risk death.

But I don't recommend that. And besides, although you do not agree with it, you have already bought and paid for your share in Medicare. Therefore you should use it.

lol, I don't call myself a conservative anymore,the definition has changed so much in past 30 years, I'm more in line with Goldwater and Robert Taft than I am with George "excuse me while I throw the fuck up" Bush.

I have no choice except to either get on Medicare or do without, that's not free market's fault, that was created years ago by government, you "damn skippy", I'm gonna manipulate every red cent I can from government if they are ignorant enough to have these programs, Medicare is how I make a large percentage of my income.:cool:

Sarah Palin: More Earmark Hypocrisy | Mother Jones

On the campaign trail last year, Alaska's Republican governor, Sarah Palin, sold herself as a crusading reformer who despised earmarks--those federal spending projects that Capitol Hill legislators of both parties slip into appropriations bills. Though her claim to have turned down an earmark for the now-infamous Bridge to Nowhere was debunked by assorted media outlets, she kept on insisting that if she were elected vice president, she would lead a charge in Washington against earmarks.

That was then. The omnibus spending bill that President Barack Obama signed on Wednesday includes earmarks that Palin sought.

The $410 billion bill has been lambasted by Republicans and a few Democrats for being loaded with nearly 9,000 earmarks covering $7.7 billion in projects. Senator John McCain, Palin's former ticket-mate, has blasted Obama for supporting the earmark-laden legislation. ("So much for the promise of change," an angry McCain howled from the Senate floor.) But earmarks in the bill are quite generous to Palin's state. According to Taxpayers for Common Sense, a Washington-based watchdog group, Alaska will receive more money, per capita, from the bill's earmarks than any other state. (Alaska will pocket $209.71 for each state resident.) One hundred earmarks in the bill, worth a total of $143.9 million, are tagged for Palin's state.

Asked by Mother Jones about the Alaska earmarks, Bill McAllister, Palin's communications director, pointed to Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) and Rep. Don Young (R-Alaska) as responsible for these provisions. But in an email, he noted that a "few of [the Alaska earmarks] were requested directly" by Palin. But how many? And which ones? McAllister declined to say. Mother Jones also asked McAllister if Palin believes it was appropriate for Murkowski and Young to insert these earmarks into the legislation and whether she will reject any earmarked funds. He did not answer those queries either.

Oblahblah said earmarks are ok, thanks for playing.......

This has nothing to do with Obama. Try reading the article.

It has EVERTHING to do with Obama--he promised through-out the campaign season that he would not sign bills with earmarks in them. He lied. He stated on two different occasions that there were no EARMARKS in the 787 BILLION dollar stimulus--we find out that at least 1/3 of the bill is for earmarks. He lied.

He gave a speech just two weeks ago--blasting earmarks & then SIGNS this ominus bill that is loaded with over 9000 earmarks. It's his signature on these bills not Sarah Palin's.

BTW--you noted in your article that was congressmen from Alaska that asked for these earmarks--not Sarah Palin. Congressmen ask for earmarks--Not govenors. That is not their job.

Nice try to smoke--screen the issue in a futile attempt to take our eyes off of President Obama--but it isn't working.

Last edited:

Go get a job at a business and tell them not to deduct for Social Security and see what they say.:lol:

It is possible ... while there are laws that are suppose to keep businesses from discriminating against the elderly and disabled ... they find ways around it. It becomes a trap, one that I was in and only got out by chance really ... well, more like I was placing myself in the right places at the right times so that eventually I would be able to start making money again without having to get a "regular" job.

It is possible ... while there are laws that are suppose to keep businesses from discriminating against the elderly and disabled ... they find ways around it. It becomes a trap, one that I was in and only got out by chance really ... well, more like I was placing myself in the right places at the right times so that eventually I would be able to start making money again without having to get a "regular" job.

There are ways but not for the vast majority.

...Medicare is how I make a large percentage of my income.:cool:

It goes without saying that the same is true with me.

What do you do, if you don't mind me asking?

Insurance..Senior products, Medicare Supplements, final expense,Long Term Care, Annuities etc.:cool:

I guess Medicare makes up a large percentage of your income...probably more than me! :)

It's late...too late. Time for a few hours of sleep.

yet you still have to pay into SS and FICA

There are ways but not for the vast majority.
but she still has to PAY INTO the PONZI scheme

Forum List

Back