Governemnt assisatnce to start small businesses??

Balls in yo moufff

PUSSY!

full-auto-albums-drama-queen-picture3764-110802-rhetoric-rgb20110803123537.jpg

Pubs are blocking 10 Dem jobs bills (some their kind all the way) right now, and several trade bills, for no good reason.And we wouldn't have to wait 5 years...
Most of the Pub businessmen I've met who needed no help from the gov't, turn out to have gotten it from Daddy...

It is rare that I would say this....but as a business planner I know the truth...

What I put in bold?

You are a fucking liar.

No sir....what you did was try to find ways why someone would not be successful.

Sure...success is always an issue.

The discussion had to do with whether or not government assistance was required.

But I will say this....you ripped it apart....you approached it with a nbegative attitude.....you were not looking to find the virtues in starting a business....you were looking to find how it will fail.

Therfore...I think YOU may have deeper issues.

Your quoting of my post is simply terrible. But getting to the crux of the matter, you yourself said this:

someone on the left....please point out the flaw ( I dont think there is any)....

And when I point out the numerous flaws, you bitch at me that I'm doing exactly what you asked. Only one here with deeper issues seems to be you if you're going to attack me for pointing out the flaws. :eusa_eh:

The heart of my post is something you still haven't addressed:

All you did OP was take the idealistic result in every single situation. There are no real obstacles. There are no real problems. Everything just falls into line magically for our John Doe or Jane Done in this situation. Except you want to know the problem with that situation? Life doesn't actually work like that.

Skull Pilot pointed out how much your John Doe/Jane Doe is actually "busting their ass". It seems to me at no point in time in this person's plan does real life actually come into play. No real obstacles or problems. Nothing goes wrong. And again, life does not simply work like that.

The major flaw with any situation laid out the way you did is that there are so many variables and unknowns. So many different things can happen at any given point in time that it's unrealistic to think everything will go right and have everything go right.

Exactly what was in my post that was fear mongering and/or propoganda?

The Eight Dollar haircut! :lol:

I fear my wife would kick my ass if I got an $8.00 haircut - and even though it would probably look identical to a $25.00 haircut, somehow she would know. I can't explain it, but she would. And she'd tell her friends - hence the propoganda:)

Exactly what was in my post that was fear mongering and/or propoganda?

The Eight Dollar haircut! :lol:

I fear my wife would kick my ass if I got an $8.00 haircut - and even though it would probably look identical to a $25.00 haircut, somehow she would know. I can't explain it, but she would. And she'd tell her friends - hence the propoganda:)

Actually, it's $14. $8 is his cut in the beginning and from the other kid later. Plus the $14 he's going to charge for a haircut.

He gets busy...uses some of his savings for a second chair...pays some 22 year old 8 bucks a head and proifits 6 bucks a head...plus of course, the 14 bucks a head he makes off all those HE cuts....

:lol:

In a debate in another thread, someone said to me that nothing is being done to promote small business, (I assume he meant by the government) He, himself, is in the military but is also a talented haircutter and he said without his GI Bill assistance, he would never be able to start up a barber shop. I agree in his case as he is on in years and doesn’t have the time to dedicate to building toward a business. But most people...say in their 20's dont need Government assistance to start a business.....so as a business planner, I laid this out for a 22 year old with the same aspirations......
someone on the left....please point out the flaw ( I dont think there is any)....

A 22 year old decides he wants to cut hair....but his goal is to own a barbershop within 5 years.......He has the talent and gets a job at a local barber shop making 8 bucks a head....10 heads a day....400 a week. In the meantime, he gets a job at a local convenience store making 8 bucks an hour working form 6-12...... 3 days a week and 8-5 on Sunday....another 200 a week.

So now he is busting his ass making 600 a week.

In the meantime he is building a reputation as an excellent barber...and as a single guy, he is socking away 200 a week.....as the 300 a week (after taxes) is enough to support his lifestyle as he is not going out partying and not taking vacations.....he is focused on ownig his own business....

After 2 years he has 20K saved up....now he can quit the convenience store and start cutting hair in his apartment for friends and acquaintenances....bulding up his reputation and determining if he can really do it on his own....still making the money with the barbershop as well.

He likes what he sees...so he looks for real etstate and rents a 500 sq foot store front for 10 bucks a foot....5000 a year.....415 a month.....2 months deposit (new business needs to give 2 months deposit)...and 1 month rent...about 1300 outlay for the store.....He buys a used barber chair....700 bucks...he buys hair cutting items.....500 bucks.....he signs a deal with a vendor of hair products.....incorporates himself (200 bucks) and gets liability insurance (1000 bucks)....

So before he opoens the door...he has 20K saved up and initial expenses (including first nmonths rent) of less than 4K.

Now he quits his job with the barber...and has 16K savings left over to live on...and he makes his business work.

He gets busy...uses some of his savings for a second chair...pays some 22 year old 8 bucks a head and proifits 6 bucks a head...plus of course, the 14 bucks a head he makes off all those HE cuts....

Yep....at the age of 25 he has his own business.

AND NO WHERE DID GOVERNMENT HAVE TO DO A DAM THING!

Where is this guy living that only 1200/mo is supporting his entire lifestyle?

In a city where cost of living was low enough to allow for that, a haircut wouldn't cost $14. Haircuts where I live in south Jersey where cost of living is high, are around that much.

At worst, you need to adjust your numbers, but I still see that point you made. In reality, dude would need more than 2 years of saving.

Government helping small-business startups is like their embarking on a mosquito feeding program. Yeah, it creates a few jobs.....but the real job growth comes when they start hiring people to kill all them damn mosquitoes.

Last edited:
No sir....what you did was try to find ways why someone would not be successful.

Sure...success is always an issue.

The discussion had to do with whether or not government assistance was required.

But I will say this....you ripped it apart....you approached it with a nbegative attitude.....you were not looking to find the virtues in starting a business....you were looking to find how it will fail.

Therfore...I think YOU may have deeper issues.

Your quoting of my post is simply terrible. But getting to the crux of the matter, you yourself said this:

And when I point out the numerous flaws, you bitch at me that I'm doing exactly what you asked. Only one here with deeper issues seems to be you if you're going to attack me for pointing out the flaws. :eusa_eh:

The heart of my post is something you still haven't addressed:

All you did OP was take the idealistic result in every single situation. There are no real obstacles. There are no real problems. Everything just falls into line magically for our John Doe or Jane Done in this situation. Except you want to know the problem with that situation? Life doesn't actually work like that.

Skull Pilot pointed out how much your John Doe/Jane Doe is actually "busting their ass". It seems to me at no point in time in this person's plan does real life actually come into play. No real obstacles or problems. Nothing goes wrong. And again, life does not simply work like that.

The major flaw with any situation laid out the way you did is that there are so many variables and unknowns. So many different things can happen at any given point in time that it's unrealistic to think everything will go right and have everything go right.

What is it that I am not articulating properly?
I will say it again....

The debate was whether or not government assistance is necessary to start your own business...not whether or not you have the ability to make the business successful.

So discussing things like operating costs is irrelevant...becuase operating costs are a refelction of success...

smart business owner will not open up unless he is confident that he will be able to meet his operating costs.....

I demonstrated how one can do what is necessary to generate the capital and the reputation to start a business without government assistance.

And the only valid crticism is whether or not doing 10 heads a day and 26 hours at a convenience store is "busting ones ass"

As for whether or not 10 heads a day is acheivable at the first shop? If not, work at abnother shop....but when you hit 10 heads a day, you are making enough to start saving to start your own.

It's just not profound. Who the fuck says "Government assistance is absolutely necessary to start a business," anyways?

How about not a leftist, not a right(y? ist?), but a fool.

It's a bonehead thing to say

It's just not profound. Who the fuck says "Government assistance is absolutely necessary to start a business," anyways?

He's setting up his own strawman and knocking it down.

He's setting up his own strawman and knocking it down.

Like Weird Science.

Design your own female and fuck her, to prove you fuck bitches. /lame

lol j/k jarra tomatoes. U know i got luv for a hoe me.

I will say it again....

The debate was whether or not government assistance is necessary to start your own business...not whether or not you have the ability to make the business successful.

So discussing things like operating costs is irrelevant...becuase operating costs are a refelction of success...

smart business owner will not open up unless he is confident that he will be able to meet his operating costs.....

I demonstrated how one can do what is necessary to generate the capital and the reputation to start a business without government assistance.

And the only valid crticism is whether or not doing 10 heads a day and 26 hours at a convenience store is "busting ones ass"

As for whether or not 10 heads a day is acheivable at the first shop? If not, work at abnother shop....but when you hit 10 heads a day, you are making enough to start saving to start your own.

So you essentially made this thread to create your own strawman and then proceed to knock it down? I've never heard anyone say that government assistance is necessary to start up one's own business.

There is no debate to be had. Plus, your example is still highly flawed. If you were trying to prove through that example that government assistance is never needed then you did a piss poor job of going about doing it.

You just keep making more assumptions about not only a specific business owner but the market in general. Plus assumptions about demand and supply, costs, etc.

In a debate in another thread, someone said to me that nothing is being done to promote small business, (I assume he meant by the government) He, himself, is in the military but is also a talented haircutter and he said without his GI Bill assistance, he would never be able to start up a barber shop. I agree in his case as he is on in years and doesn’t have the time to dedicate to building toward a business. But most people...say in their 20's dont need Government assistance to start a business.....so as a business planner, I laid this out for a 22 year old with the same aspirations......

A 22 year old decides he wants to cut hair....but his goal is to own a barbershop within 5 years.......He has the talent and gets a job at a local barber shop making 8 bucks a head....10 heads a day....400 a week. In the meantime, he gets a job at a local convenience store making 8 bucks an hour working form 6-12...... 3 days a week and 8-5 on Sunday....another 200 a week.

So now he is busting his ass making 600 a week.

In the meantime he is building a reputation as an excellent barber...and as a single guy, he is socking away 200 a week.....as the 300 a week (after taxes) is enough to support his lifestyle as he is not going out partying and not taking vacations.....he is focused on ownig his own business....

After 2 years he has 20K saved up....now he can quit the convenience store and start cutting hair in his apartment for friends and acquaintenances....bulding up his reputation and determining if he can really do it on his own....still making the money with the barbershop as well.

He likes what he sees...so he looks for real etstate and rents a 500 sq foot store front for 10 bucks a foot....5000 a year.....415 a month.....2 months deposit (new business needs to give 2 months deposit)...and 1 month rent...about 1300 outlay for the store.....He buys a used barber chair....700 bucks...he buys hair cutting items.....500 bucks.....he signs a deal with a vendor of hair products.....incorporates himself (200 bucks) and gets liability insurance (1000 bucks)....

So before he opoens the door...he has 20K saved up and initial expenses (including first nmonths rent) of less than 4K.

Now he quits his job with the barber...and has 16K savings left over to live on...and he makes his business work.

Yep....at the age of 25 he has his own business.

AND NO WHERE DID GOVERNMENT HAVE TO DO A DAM THING!

Where is this guy living that only 1200/mo is supporting his entire lifestyle?

In a city where cost of living was low enough to allow for that, a haircut wouldn't cost $14. Haircuts where I live in south Jersey where cost of living is high, are around that much.

At worst, you need to adjust your numbers, but I still see that point you made. In reality, dude would need more than 2 years of saving.

Now that is a flaw...and you are correct.

I lowered the amount I pay a barber by 2 bucks...I should have lowered it by about 4 bucks to 12 a haircut.

But for a single guy who is FOCUSED ON STARTING HIS BUSINESS....

rent (studio) 500 a month
transportation (bus) 100 a month
food 600 a month (high number, but the guy likes to eat)
Laundry 50 a month
Incidentals 300 a month (75 a week)

He can live on 1500 a month.....which is 18K a year....and that is about 350 a week.

If he earns 200 a week at the convenience store....
and he earns 350 a week as a barber.....
and he has about 100 a week in taxes.....
he is saving 100 a week.

After 2 years he has saved 10K...

His opening outlay is less than 4K

Better?

I will say it again....

So you essentially made this thread to create your own strawman and then proceed to knock it down? I've never heard anyone say that government assistance is necessary to start up one's own business.

There is no debate to be had. Plus, your example is still highly flawed. If you were trying to prove through that example that government assistance is never needed then you did a piss poor job of going about doing it.

You just keep making more assumptions about not only a specific business owner but the market in general. Plus assumptions about demand and supply, costs, etc.

you are an ass Modbert.

I started this thread BECUSE IN ANOTHER THREAD SOMEONE ON THE LEFT SAID THAT THERE IS NOTHING BEING DONE (BY THE GOVERNMENT) TO ASSIST NEW BUSINESSES....

And I said that in my very first line in this thread.

So take your arrogant attitude...and your negativeness...and shove it up someone elses ass.

Better?

Does he have health insurance? If not, better hope he doesn't get really sick or that $4,000 is going away. And what about doctor appointments?

Oh, and what about the Dentist? Doesn't want his teeth to rot out does he? Does he have coverage for that? If not, going to be awfully expensive.

Also, if he's taking the bus, then it's likely a public bus. Which means he's taking subsidized transportation because otherwise it would be more expensive. So hey, he's getting government help right there otherwise he wouldn't be able to afford to get where he needs to go. :thup:

I can keep going, but I think my point's been made.

Better?

Does he have health insurance? If not, better hope he doesn't get really sick or that $4,000 is going away. And what about doctor appointments?

Oh, and what about the Dentist? Doesn't want his teeth to rot out does he? Does he have coverage for that? If not, going to be awfully expensive.

Also, if he's taking the bus, then it's likely a public bus. Which means he's taking subsidized transportation because otherwise it would be more expensive. So hey, he's getting government help right there otherwise he wouldn't be able to afford to get where he needs to go. :thup:

I can keep going, but I think my point's been made.

he doesnt wear new shoes/clothes either so he def. aint fuckin no dimes(perfect 10's).

son is lucky if he catches a 3 on the low under the bus bench outside of denny's

Ya'll are arguing over nickels and dimes and hours. That is not the point. Obama spent trillions and nothing to show for it and he still doesn't get it. The government does not need to help they need to stay the hell out of the way. Why can't you liberals see that.

New Topics

Forum List

Back