Gov Romney and Congressman Ryan respond to the Ignorant Akins Rape andAbortion Remark

Ya know, if it wasn't for GHook and Rabbi I'd never have the honor of being neg repped by assholes.

Ryan sponsored legislation that redefined rape for medicaid purposes. I'm sorry if that facts makes you uncomfortable.

Source? Second, what does rape and medicaid have to do with each other?

What was the supposed new definition?
Medicaid does not pay for abortions except in cases of rape. Ayn Ryan wanted to change the definition of rape under Medicaid to only include "forcible" rape. Not to be confused with illegitimate or consensual rape.

Are you going to post a source and DEFINITION FROM THE SOURCE (other then Huffingglue post) or are we supposed to take your word for it???

Let's just hope Mr Akin can hold on until tomorrow at 5:00 pm, after which time it appears Republicans can not replace him on the ballot (they'd have to attempt a write-in, and many on the far-right would keep their support with Akin).

The Republican attempt to take the senate just got a whole lot less likely.

Source? Second, what does rape and medicaid have to do with each other?

What was the supposed new definition?
Medicaid does not pay for abortions except in cases of rape. Ayn Ryan wanted to change the definition of rape under Medicaid to only include "forcible" rape. Not to be confused with illegitimate or consensual rape.

Are you going to post a source and DEFINITION FROM THE SOURCE (other then Huffingglue post) or are we supposed to take your word for it???

You're supposed to take my word for it. Or employ some google-fu. It's not exactly buried deep in the archives of the interwebs - it was a Ryan-Akin bill!

So much for Ryan standing by his principles. He's just like Romney--saying what they need to in order to get elected. I don't trust these two guys as far as I could throw them. Do they say what they believe or do they say what they believe they need to say to get elected. What will be their final answer if elected?

First, the biased article is weak journalism that makes blanket assumptions. Second, I wouldn't think libs would applaud a conservative supporting abortion in case of rape. Third, funny how you attack conservatives for a change in stance, but support Obama when he makes one flipflop after another!

I have no idea what libs might applaud but I don't. I am an independent voter and this is one issue where I disagree with republicans. Abortion should be a personal choice and not for others to decide. Although I wouldn't advise abortion in most cases, I think the decision should be the woman's and it should be legal. I take offense to mostly white MEN sitting in judgment in legislatures across this country of what should be allowed and what shouldn't. The ONLY restriction I would apply would be late term abortions and the so-called after birth abortions if there really is such a thing. Once the fetus is viable outside the womb, I draw the line--around the 6th month. But even then it is questionable as to viability and I still think within reason it should be the woman's choice. And as far as Ryan being ONLY the VP, if his stances and flip flops don't matter, why was he chosen and why are some saying he's a game changer, etc? Duplicitous opinions!

I am a right leaner and have voted mostly GOP (with a few Democratic exceptions like Jesse White), but I pro-choice and pro-gay marriage. So many divisive issues, no side ever supports all that I suppose!

Just heard the guy on Hannity. He was given the chance to explain himself. I thought he was trying to differentiate between someone who was legitimately raped vs. someone who was pretending to have been raped. (I don't buy that, by the way, because if you believe it is a life at inception, then other circumstances do not matter.)

Surprisingly, he did not say that was what he meant, even when Hannity asked him. He gave some jumbled mess of an apology.

Dude is toast.

Akin is toast in the Senate race.

What a stupid politician he is. The days of men deciding what is best for women are FUCKIN' OVER!

Last edited:
What's wrong with legitimate rape? I would think it is much more pleasurable than illegitimate rape.

Forum List

Back