Gov Romney and Congressman Ryan respond to the Ignorant Akins Rape andAbortion Remark

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GHook93, Aug 20, 2012.

1. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    The GOP is MO is trying to replace such and ignorant asshole and Romney and Ryan just came out and said they support abortion in the case of rape, so the now attacks on the Romney and Ryan for being extreme on abortion are arrogant!

For the record Akin's is a fool, but it's the Democrats fault he is on the ticket. In the 3 way primary, a record number of Democrats jumped into the Republican primary vote and casted their ballot for Akins, because they wanted a extremist fool on the ticket!

2. courseofhistory

courseofhistory BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +181
    How magnanamous of them! Two white guys declaring what constitutes ok circumstances for abortions!

If you think about it, the reason that they support (and most repubs) abortion in the case of rape is that the resultant pregnancy is unwanted and un-asked-for by the woman. Other circumstances exist besides rape where the woman does not want the pregnancy and she did not ask for it. So, really there is no difference. Killing babies as a lot of radical repubs call it is still killing babies even in the case of rape.

Also, I'd say Paul Ryan is lying about being okay with abortions in the case of rape. Rape is pretty common in the military but...

LINK

"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress? But I repeat myself." Mark Twain​

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  3. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Paul Ryan Has a New Abortion Stance - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

But Ryan's record shows he has opposed abortion access for rape victims, which is what Akin was talking about with that inflammatory quote. PolitiFact documented Ryan's record after Romney announced his choice of Ryan as running mate and President Barack Obama sent out the following tweet

4. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    flippity floppity

5. courseofhistory

courseofhistory BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +181
    So much for Ryan standing by his principles. He's just like Romney--saying what they need to in order to get elected. I don't trust these two guys as far as I could throw them. Do they say what they believe or do they say what they believe they need to say to get elected. What will be their final answer if elected?

6. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    You do realize the VP is a figurehead don't you?

I mean other than making one dumb arrogant comment after another, what has Biden done?

7. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    First, the biased article is weak journalism that makes blanket assumptions. Second, I wouldn't think libs would applaud a conservative supporting abortion in case of rape. Third, funny how you attack conservatives for a change in stance, but support Obama when he makes one flipflop after another!

8. 8537

8537 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +729
    Akin's "gaffe" simply opened the door to mainstream Ayn Ryan's legislative attempt at redefining rape.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    Slanderous asshole! Akin's just made the comment and Ryan is running on a ticket for Presidency! Ryan hasn't made any attempt to redefine rape. First, the definition of rape is done by the model penal code. Second, states can adopt the code or come up with one of their own. You are an OUTRIGHT liar if you are saying Ryan wants to change the MPC!!!

Neg

10. 8537

8537 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +729
    Ya know, if it wasn't for GHook and Rabbi I'd never have the honor of being neg repped by assholes.

Ryan sponsored legislation that redefined rape for medicaid purposes. I'm sorry if that facts makes you uncomfortable.