Got the OSHA Email From my Employer

We've already posted the NIH autopsies reporting that the virus can remain replicating in the patient for up to 99 days.

Employers pay, it looks like. But you're so right--it's BS. EVERYONE is capable of spreading and contracting Covid at this point, vaccines aside. If vaccines are only beneficial for your personal health, then it should be like every other employee/employer interaction: encourage, but don't mandate. Otherwise my gosh, your employer could mandate you maintain ideal weight, exercise 5X week, eat veggies daily--it would never end.
My husband was told by his employer that he would be responsible for the cost of the tests. They’ve delayed implementation of it until the S.C. decision at least, but I think it would cost about $30 per week.

A century or two from now the world will have changed more than we can conceptualize. In many ways what we do and what we're capable of are determined by our material conditions and the technology we have access to.

We're at the brink of human labor being gobbled up by automation. After that happens society won't have a choice but to take care of people that can't contribute to a hyper advanced civilization, which will be a lot of people. The nanny state is inevitable unfortunately. It's inevitable because the need for people to be taken care of is inevitable.

The world won't end though. It will be a wonderland compared to what it is now. What we have now is a wonderland compared to where we came from. Imagine trying to explain to Christopher Columbus what GPS and the internet are. The rate technology is advancing is multiplicative. It's possible that the difference between what we know and what he knew will be smaller then the difference between what we know and what people 200 years from now know.
I Am Legend is where we’ll end up, most of humanity is stupid, it certainly seems that way at present.

Vaxxed should be tested because of madate. Pfizer fails to prevent virus from spreading from vaxxed to unvaxxed and vaxxed.

Sure, if robots can build cars they can certainly do surgeries. What robots would be significantly worse at is seeing patients--being doctors. Any human-to-human profession like that relies on a lot more than what computers can automate.

And you're right, I'm pretty skeptical of scientists right now. This comes not only from the current Covid debacle but from my favorite "pet science"--space. I watched almost the entire series of "How the Universe Works" and laughed out loud on many occasions. The show was great but really should be named. "(We Don't Know) How the Universe Works" because the entire series was filled with hedging and guessing.

IMO Scientists should explain what they have learned and leave it at that. They suck at other things.

The Puritans also laughed at science.

My husband was told by his employer that he would be responsible for the cost of the tests. They’ve delayed implementation of it until the S.C. decision at least, but I think it would cost about $30 per week.

I'm so sorry. That's ridiculous.

But also, any employer who's been agitating for this is downright stupid. I came down with Covid on Dec 26th. Yesterday, on day 12, I tested just to see. A very, very, VERY faint line--admittedly so faint it looked like a shadow. But I would still fail the test, so if the OSHA rule were in effect now, I would still be unable to return to work.

Which employers will HATE. Here I am, healthy again, ready to come back to work, but nope. Meanwhile, vaccinated workers can return...what? Five days, with the tests still bright pink positive?

Great plan.

Morons.

Forum List

Back