Got Me a Speeding Ticket The Other Day...

Mr. P said:
:laugh: Okay, so you WERE going to pass on the right, in an emergency lane..Got it.. :laugh:

No...Of course not.

You know how narrow emergency lanes are. And with the driver's window on the left, next to the traffic, everyone should move to the inside (left) lane when they see a police officer, emergency vehicle, or even a normal civilian (flat tire, etc) in the emergency lane. It's just being safe.

My radar detector tells me that there is a police officer near by. That enables me to do everything in my power to be a more "aware" driver so the police officer can be safe and do his/her job.

GotZoom said:
No...Of course not.

You know how narrow emergency lanes are. And with the driver's window on the left, next to the traffic, everyone should move to the inside (left) lane when they see a police officer, emergency vehicle, or even a normal civilian (flat tire, etc) in the emergency lane. It's just being safe.

My radar detector tells me that there is a police officer near by. That enables me to do everything in my power to be a more "aware" driver so the police officer can be safe and do his/her job.
In some states, switching lanes and/or slowing down x mph is the law.

When a male's emotional growth is stunted, he will sometimes try to compensate by using his vehicle to prove his masculinity. Filled with doubts about his adequacy, he drives in a manner he assumes a virile, sexy, dangerous male would drive - fast, reckless, and flouting the rules at every turn. That is what many little boys think a real man is like, and that is why male drivers under the age of 25 have the most crashes.

This is so funny. Then why do women speed? I can only speak for myself- I speed because:

1. I'm usually too impatient to go under the speed limit (comes from growing up in NYC, I guess), and/or

2. Driving is a competitive sport for me. Who wants to be bested on the road?

And for the newbies, yes, I am female. Always have been! I don't think I am trying to be a "real man". As for flouting the rules, I follow every one of them- except the speed limit. Maybe that's the difference?

GotZoom said:
No...Of course not.

You right..and they have even made a law here in Ga. to that effect.

Mr. P said:
Nope, that was the point. You wanna break the law but not pay the price for doing so....It so proves your first post correct. Sorry again.. ;)

It only proves you'll think what you want, no matter what someone tries to tell you. That's seems to be what you always do. Accuse, and then keep picking.

Mr. P said:
Nahhhh...tell the Judge, not me. :poke:

Tried to take it easier on you, but you caught it before I could.

Don't need to tell judge anything. Not with my bird dawg on.

Just because you don't have one doesn't mean you have to be mean to everyone else who does... :funnyface

Abbey Normal said:
This is so funny. Then why do women speed? I can only speak for myself- I speed because:

1. I'm usually too impatient to go under the speed limit (comes from growing up in NYC, I guess), and/or

2. Driving is a competitive sport for me. Who wants to be bested on the road?

And for the newbies, yes, I am female. Always have been! I don't think I am trying to be a "real man". As for flouting the rules, I follow every one of them- except the speed limit. Maybe that's the difference?

Be careful what you're admitting to here Abby. Mr. P is on the warpath against speeders and their wild, twisted reasons why they do it. He's not listening to reasons you give.

archangel said:
I like ya but Mr.P was right...and what ya said about him relates more to clay..
and hey just do the posted limit and ya won't have to worry about buying toys...works for me! :dunno:

Mr. P ain't right about shit, especially when it concerns me. He doesn't know me or anything about me, and you don't either.

I've been completely candid here and admitted I speed and why. I'm a fucking lead foot. It's about speed, and power, and gears, and the mechanicalness of a machine as a whole. I like the smell of gas and oil. I like the sensation of going fast, and the G forces getting there. I've raced cars too. Why the hell else do you think I'm a mechanic?

Get it through your skulls. Shit man, what a couple jerks.

And I'll speed if I want to. It's my ticket, not yours.

archangel said:
I like ya but Mr.P was right...and what ya said about him relates more to clay..
and hey just do the posted limit and ya won't have to worry about buying toys...works for me! :dunno:
Hey dickhead, if you want to insult me, just be a man and do it straight up. This passive-agressive-baiting-shit is for pond scum. Why don't you go post some more on those other threads where everyone ignores you, no matter how many times you try and jump in.

Pale Rider said:
Mr. P ain't right about shit, especially when it concerns me. He doesn't know me or anything about me, and you don't either.

I've been completely candid here and admitted I speed and why. I'm a fucking lead foot. It's about speed, and power, and gears, and the mechanicalness of a machine as a whole. I like the smell of gas and oil. I like the sensation of going fast, and the G forces getting there. I've raced cars too. Why the hell else do you think I'm a mechanic?

Get it through your skulls. Shit man, what a couple jerks.

And I'll speed if I want to. It's my ticket, not yours.

As long as you know how to do it safely, speed on. It's one less car/bike to get in my way :thup:

Pale Rider said:
Tried to take it easier on you, but you caught it before I could.

Don't need to tell judge anything. Not with my bird dawg on.

Just because you don't have one doesn't mean you have to be mean to everyone else who does... :funnyface
The Perpetual Adolescent

When most drivers grow up, their driving changes to accommodate their mature understanding of the responsibility of driving and the fact that they share the road with millions of others. Unfortunately, some people never grow up. They are perpetual adolescents. It is the nature of adolescents to test limits and to seek adventure. It is also the nature of adolescents to attempt to prove their masculinity through a juvenile concept of immortality. Driving, for them, is an opportunity to prove that they are independent from rules and regulations. "Rules were made to be broken," they boast.
Your post, yes written by someone else, BUT...Is it true, or do some buy gadgets to "get away" with stuff, and prove that they are independent from rules and regulations?

Just wondering... ;)

The ClayTaurus said:
Hey dickhead, if you want to insult me, just be a man and do it straight up. This passive-agressive-baiting-shit is for pond scum. Why don't you go post some more on those other threads where everyone ignores you, no matter how many times you try and jump in.

well son I really did not see any kudos for your rant either..."in other threads!"
and who is making insults?Just review your last "Dickhead" comment...lol...and my my "Pond Scum" how manly is this comment...lol

The ClayTaurus said:
As long as you know how to do it safely, speed on. It's one less car/bike to get in my way :thup:

You know clay, it's not like I drive like a maniac. It's that if you go over the posted limit, you're speeding! And on my way to work in the morning, there's a stretch of road that's pretty much long, open, double lane, no cross roads, no stop lights, and the posted limit is 35 mph. Well shit, that's rediculous. EVERYBODY does 50-60 miles an hour through it. But through town, I'm as careful as anyone else, and normally do the speed limit.

And if anyone's ever driven through Nevada, you should already know that we have some of the most desolate and lonely stretches of highway in the nation. Look up Hwy 50 in Nevada. It isn't called "the loneliest highway in America" for nothing. I'll do 75-80 miles an hour out on that.

archangel said:
well son I really did not see any kudos for your rant either..."in other threads!"
and who is making insults?Just review your last "Dickhead" comment...lol...and my my "Pond Scum" how manly is this comment...lol

You really are just an idiot, plain and simple. It's impossible to get anywhere with you because you're too remedial to even understand basic sentences.

archangel said:
you are the one who brought up the ticket issue..and being a former "Cop" I just gave my advice...yeah life sucks...when ya play ya must pay...I just gave advice as to how to avoid a ticket...bite my head off...and yes I do know ya...ya just don't know me...obviously...but I still like ya :halo: ;)

I don't have a problem with discussing tickets or speeding or detectors. Just don't tell me that Mr. P is right about me. He's making an assumption about who I am and what makes me tick when he doesn't know shit.

And no arch, you don't know me. Maybe you know where I work, and what I look like, but you don't-know-me. Sorry pal. Not buying that one.

And if you're going to tell me you've done some snooping into my past or about me with your old copper friends help, well then, we got us a real problem. I believe to an extent, that's illegal.

Pale Rider said:
You know clay, it's not like I drive like maniac. It's that if you go over the posted limit, you're speeding! And on my way to work in the morning, there's a stretch of road that's pretty much long, open, double lane, no cross roads, no stop lights, and the posted limit is 35 mph. Well shit, that's rediculous. EVERYBODY does 50-60 miles an hour through it. But through town, I'm as careful as anyone else, and normally do the speed limit.

And if anyone's ever driven through Nevada, you should already know that we have some of the most desolate and lonely stretches of highway in the nation. Look up Hwy 50 in Nevada. It isn't called "the loneliest highway in America" for nothing. I'll do 75-80 miles an hour out on that.

Shit. 75-80 mph is STANDARD on michigan highways, regardless of the presence of straightaways or curves.

I always drive about 1mph slower than whoever just passed me. That way they're almost guaranteed to get gunned before me, and it allows me to speed relatively safely without a chirper.

As D says, too many people think that speed kills.

The ClayTaurus said:
Shit. 75-80 mph is STANDARD on michigan highways, regardless of the presence of straightaways or curves.

I always drive about 1mph slower than whoever just passed me. That way they're almost guaranteed to get gunned before me, and it allows me to speed relatively safely without a chirper.

As D says, too many people think that speed kills.

Everybody speeds. Whether they admit it or not is another issue.

There's another part to this online driving school that said people will commit, on the average, 400 traffic offenses before they're caught. I think that applys to just about EVERYBODY.

Some may see using a radar detector as cheating. I see it as leveling the playing field. (And I think they're cool.) :D

Forum List

Back