Got Me a Speeding Ticket The Other Day...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 007, Jan 15, 2006.

1. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,797
    ... so I'm sitting here today taking the online Driver's School to get it reduced to a non-moving violation which doesn't carry any points, and my insurance premiums won't go up. First ticket I've had in over four years.

I'm in section three, and found some of the reading to be, well, maybe of interest to some here. Since we've had a few threads about "stupid drivers". Here's what it say's...

Any bets that this was written by a woman?

I know when I was young, I drove fast and reckless because I "LIKED" it. It was "FUN". It had nothing to do with feelings of inadequacy. Hell I didn't even know what that meant. I was a hotrod, gear head, young man with foot in carburator disease. If it was fast, I liked it. Still do.

Yeah, I think this was written by a woman, and I think it's man bashing. I wonder now who I should complain to. It "OFFENDS" me.

2. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    That IS funny. Everyone knows a male's emotional growth can be stunted at any age. :laugh:

Seriously though, that was FUNNY. :D

3. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    be avoided simply by observing the posted speed limits...if ya have a problem then at least pay attention to your mirrors while engaging in power sports...LOL
    Haven't had a ticket in over 15yrs!

4. 007

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,797
    That's one way to avoid them arch. The other is to buy a "bird dog"... :D

I immediately went to Circuit City and bought a top of the line Beltronics Radar/Laser Detector. Beltronics holds over 80% of all patents related to radar/laser detection.

It hasn't needed to, but it's gone off a couple times already when I didn't see the cop clocking people, but wasn't speeding either. Had I been, it would have saved me a ticket. They're legal Nevada. Great toy.

5. 007

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,797
    You didn't say whether you thought it was woman that wrote that or not...

6. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    sounds more like a gay dude than a women :poke:

7. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937

I don't know. Regardless, probably a psychology major. :laugh:

8. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    I guess my emotional growth wasn't stunted. Either that or I'm already just too damn sexy. :banana:

I have had one speeding ticket. It was 14 years ago, 70 in a 55. So, my ticket was for what the speed limit is now. The ticket would have cost me $52, but I spent an extra 50 cents to take defensive driving so it wouldn't go on my record. That same ticket (15 mph over) would cost a tad more than $52 today.

9. 007

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,797
    :rotflmao:

10. 007

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,797
    The cycle cop told me he was "giving me a break", and writing the ticket for 45 in a 35 instead of the 49 he said he clocked me at. The 45 in a 35 was only two points and $115. 49 would have been around $200 and four points, and driving school wouldn't have helped. But in my opinion, "giving me a break" would have been "letting me go with a warning". Some...bitch.

The cops have turned 4th street on my way to work, kind of on the edge of town, no stop lights, empty, into a damn cash cow. They can sit down behind this glass company building and just point their radar guns around the corner. They bust people left and right. However... with my new Beltronics radar/laser detector, that little sucker just goes ape shit LOOOOOONG before I get any NEAR these sneaky ass hats. Ha freakin' ha copper. Fight fire with fire. This Beltronics even has VG3 technology. (Stealth). It's undetecable with a radar/laser detector detector.