Got Any Cures For Insomnia?

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
I have had this miserable condition for many years. Doesn't kick up all that often, thank God. I have done the sleep clinic, sleeping pills, etc. thingy and frankly, nothing helps.

Anyone have a homeopathic remedy they swear by?

Last edited:
Scotch. I prefer this brand.

glenlivet.jpg

I have had this miserable condition for many years. Doesn't kick up all that often, thank God. I have done the sleep clinic, sleeping pills, etc. thingy and frankly, nothing helps.

Read a book. Nothing that keeps you excited, and awakens a feeling so you want to read hours-long to know the end of story.
Read History books for bed-time.

This is true and not a crack like I said earlier about the NBA.

I have always had trouble getting to sleep. Recently I have started putting a little bit of Vicks VaporRub under my nose at night as I lie down. I have to say, that I have been falling asleep much quicker since I started doing that.

Don't ask me to explain it, but it has seemed to help.

Immie

Baby yourself. Try calming down early in the evening. Relax, take a bubble bath, put on your favorite pjs, the kind of stuff you would do for your child.

Keep the same ritual every night.

You're probably stressing over something in particular since you say it only happens once in awhile.

Try all of the remedies people have suggested, they sound good.

Not really.

Well maybe..good sex seems to be the healthiest soporfic I know of.

Sans that, a glass of warm milk before bedtime can sometimes help.

But I do have some advise for ya...NEVER take sleeping pills.

Their short term benefits are more than offset by the fact that they're screwing up your body's natural internal rhythm.

Seriously, avoid all pills as much as possible.

This reliance many of us have on pills that modern medicine hands out will kill ya'.

Onions are another natural soporfic that is benign and rather effective, incidently.

Eshew chocolate and the obvious things like coffee, too.

No coffee after breakfast, exercise early in the day, eat your large meal at noon and don't consume alcohol or food after a light dinner, limit your carbs to complex ones and walk for 30 minutes after dinner; don't watch TV or use your computer after the walk.
Read for 30 minutes or so before bedtime in a chair - not in bed, it is for two things only, sleep and sex; go to bed at the same time each night and set an alarm. Arise when the alarm goes off the first time and begin your day.
If anyone or anything bothers you, find someone to talk with. If you worry, take time-out during the day and set aside 10 minutes to worry. Focus on that which bothers you for 10 minutes, full concentration, and soon you'll ignore those doubts or concerns when you hit the sack - you will become worried-out.

exercise walk 18 holes of gold on weekends 9 during the week, or play tennis.

Ghanja is great for sleeping

I've used this many times and it works. You can find it most anywhere, our local grocery store put in two 'organic' type aisles and they sell it. Good stuff.

Quick Dissolving Tablets

Non-habit forming ~ No drug interactions

Quietude® combines homeopathic medicines traditionally used to treat sleeplessness and restless sleep. Homeopathic medicines are made of very dilute substances and are regulated as drugs by the FDA.
Quietude® is made by Boiron, world leader in homeopathy. For more than 70 years, Boiron has been committed to funding scientific research and education the public and health care officials about homeopathic medicines.

Buy Boiron Quietude, for Sleeplessness and Restless Sleep Online at drugstore.com

boiron-quietude-sleeplessness-restl.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Friends.........

These are my favourite well-proven tips for curing insomnia...

1. If you have an alarm clock with a large bright display, place it out of sight. The last thing you need when trying to sleep is a constant reminder of how late it is - stressing over being awake will keep you awake!

2. Eliminate as much light as possible, including light from alarm clocks and vcr panels.

3. If your sleep is interrupted by outside sounds, try masking them with the sound of an air fan, a radio tuned to static or by using a white noise machine.

4. Keep a moderate ambient temperature - if it's too hot or cold your body won't want to relax

Thanks

Forum List

Back