Gosh...!

Jill is a lawyer and didn't need you to argue her case.

But Manu needs you to argue his?

BTW, knock off the 'poster police' crap, what I posted was as a member, I wasn't in any way trying to use 'rank' in any way, shape or form.

Didn't think you were. If you were not a moderator I would have said the same thing. I mean, forgetting a question mark??? Pahleezee...The reason I asked Avatar in the same post was to save time...

You weren't there with Kerry, yet you have an opinion on the matter. Go figure...

Go figure what?

Wasn't there?

Have an opinion?

I was there BEFORE Kerry, figure THAT OUT. Ya don't have to be "in country" to have a sense of the times, and the feelings that were going round.

We laughed out loud at that sorry SOB.

I don't know that I could control myself if I found Kerry and me in a room by ourselves.

Don't PRESUME to know, what others have seen, and been a part of sir.

I'll NEVER forgive that little rich kid, for betraying his country, and his service. A complete slim-ball.

Trying to compare our President to kerry is like comparing apples to watermelons.

But Manu needs you to argue his?
I posted a round up, this thread is damn long.
Didn't think you were. If you were not a moderator I would have said the same thing. I mean, forgetting a question mark??? Pahleezee...The reason I asked Avatar in the same post was to save time...
Hey, I may be wrong, but I seem to remember you playing grammar policeman before? If I am, apology offered, seriously.

Jill is a lawyer and didn't need you to argue her case. BTW, knock off the 'poster police' crap, what I posted was as a member, I wasn't in any way trying to use 'rank' in any way, shape or form.

Bullshit. As long as you have "USMB Staff" in your title, everything you say is as a moderator.

Jill is a lawyer and didn't need you to argue her case. BTW, knock off the 'poster police' crap, what I posted was as a member, I wasn't in any way trying to use 'rank' in any way, shape or form.

He's one of my very closest friends, Kathianne, and he's known what I do for going on 4 years. Nor was he playing poster police. He was participating in a messageboard and people who agree with each other on certain issues, support each other's positions.

He's one of my very closest friends, Kathianne, and he's known what I do for going on 4 years. Nor was he playing poster police. He was participating in a messageboard and people who agree with each other on certain issues, support each other's positions.
Jillian, the 'poster police' was in response to his post, not mine.

Hmmmmmm.... didn't look that way from what I read. I think I'm doing too many things at once. lol...

But my other point is still valid.
Truly, it was. As for a response to the latter, from both you and Grump, Manu, like you, didn't 'need' my help. I wasn't really 'defending' or backing, rather did a roundup, like I replied to Grump.

He let his flight certification lapse.

But try this...

Their service is actually very similiar. Except George W. Bush served longer.

Kerry joined the Navy Reserves in 1966, spent two full years on active duty aboard the USS Gridley, a ship that patrolled Vietnamese waters. He volunteered for Swift Boat duty at a time when it wasn't all that dangerous. It's mission changed shortly after he was transferred and it did become very dangerous. All that is debateable and I'll leave it those who know what they're talking about to argue about his Swift Boat tour and his medals. But the fact is that Kerry got 5 medals in four months and never needed more than a Band-Aid. After 2 years and four months he was sent back to the United States. He spent a few months as a driver for Navy brass in New York, then he requested a transfer to inactive status so he could run for political office. It was granted. By 1970 there is no evidence that Kerry ever wore the uniform of the United State Navy again. He spent 1970 and 1971 as the official spokeman for the Vietnam Veterans Agasint the War. All during that time, there are numerous pictures and videos of him with long hair, attending anti-war events all over the country. If he was still fulfilling any Navy Reserve obligations, there is no record of it. All that is from his own website.

George W. Bush joined the Texas Air National Guard in 1968. He spent the first two years on full time active duty status learning to be a pilot. Again, I'll leave the debate about how dangerous it is to learn to fly versus serving on ship during a ground war up to those who know what they're talking about. Bush, too, requested a transfer. In early 1972 he requested a transfer to the Alabama Guard so that he could work on a political campaign. His request was denied. He went anyway. In July of 1972 he failed to take a required physical and was grounded as a pilot. There is no record of his reporting for duty during the entire summer 1972. In September of 1972 he requested a transfer to a different unit in Alabama and that request was granted, but there is no clear evidence that he actually ever reported there.
Between November of 1972 and May 1973, Bush earned enough points to keep his standing.

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a39ea05224b3e.htm "On October 1, 1973, First Lieutenant George W. Bush received an early honorable discharge so that he could attend Harvard Business School. He was credited with five years, four months and five days of service toward his six-year service obligation. "

Both men signed up for 6 year committments. Neither served a full 6 years. Kerry was out of the Navy Reserves after less than 4 years. Bush was in the National Guard for about 5 1/2 years.

Nobody knows why Kerry did not receive his honorable discharge until 1978.

You called me stupid. I said no such thing to you.

believe what you will but your response to my link to the national guard serving in Vietnam would prove that you are once again claiming less than the truth.

because if your quote “You do know what the words "As far as I'm aware" mean, right?" from post 214 is not an insult then thank you for the compliment for correcting your friend's knowledge of the fact that george bush did volunteer for service in Vietnam

The national guard didn't get deployed to Vietnam as far as I'm aware because we had a draft. National guard was where people went who didn't want to go. I don't blame him, I'd have done the same, but don't make it like he volunteered and then dis people like Kerry who really did.

You would be incorrect. Several states' National Guard were deployed to Vietnam. Look it up.

You would be incorrect. Several states' National Guard were deployed to Vietnam. Look it up.

LOL....her knight in shinning armor will be by shortly to ask you if you know what "as far as i know means" then claim he wasn't insulting you and ask you what your post has to do with GWB's service in the NG....

I said "as far as I know" for a reason. Secondly, while the units were mobilzed in 1968, you've only shown that the one division went from Indiana in 1968... not a lot out of a 10 year military action, no?

Combat troops were first deployed to Vietnam in 1965. Any military previous to that were advisors, and no real military strength was in country prior to that.

http://www.1800goguard.com/whatistheguard/whatis_history_vietnam.html

http://www.ang.af.mil/history/Heritage/VietnamWar.asp

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Air_National_Guard_and_the_Vietnam_War

And Bush wasn't going anywhere after training on an aircraft they weren't using any more by the time he learned to fly it...

Good try, though.

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/history/q0185.shtml

Feel free to educate then correct yourself at your leisure.

LOL....her knight in shinning armor will be by shortly to ask you if you know what "as far as i know means" then claim he wasn't insulting you and ask you what your post has to do with GWB's service in the NG....

I anticipated as much, so I decided if they can't educate themselves, I'd at least bring it to them.

You weren't there with Kerry, yet you have an opinion on the matter. Go figure...

One doesn't have to be "there with Kerry" to have a professional opinion of his four-month stint in Vietnam.

He's either a liar, or he was a shitty officer and derelict in his duty to immediately report crimes to the next higher up in the chain of command. That in itself, makes one complicit in the crime per the UCMJ.

My opinion is he's the former. A liar. He used the Vietnam war and every war crimes cliche the left spouted to jumpstart a fledgling political career.

Is falsley accusing others of wrongdoing that could adversely impact their lives a virtue? Oh, I fogot my audience. YOu libs have tried to make a living off that MO, haven't you?

Anbar province in Iraq is, for all intents and purposes, no longer under US control. Iraq's Prime Minister, you know the one we installed, is sucking up to Iran's bat-shit crazy President. And things were going so well...

So you want anbar province to be under US control?! I thought you wanted the US out of Iraq?.....i know, i know you were for the war before you were against it...

One doesn't have to be "there with Kerry" to have a professional opinion of his four-month stint in Vietnam.

He's either a liar, or he was a shitty officer and derelict in his duty to immediately report crimes to the next higher up in the chain of command. That in itself, makes one complicit in the crime per the UCMJ.

My opinion is he's the former. A liar. He used the Vietnam war and every war crimes cliche the left spouted to jumpstart a fledgling political career.

Is falsley accusing others of wrongdoing that could adversely impact their lives a virtue? Oh, I fogot my audience. YOu libs have tried to make a living off that MO, haven't you?

Actually, Kerry is both. He was a shitty officer and he's a liar.

http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/index.php

Kerry's claims of his own wrong doing is pretty much limited to his description of "free fire" zones. There are a lot of different opinions about that. The link above has some info on it.

Kerry's lies are well documented.

Go figure what?
Wasn't there?
Have an opinion?
I was there BEFORE Kerry, figure THAT OUT. Ya don't have to be "in country" to have a sense of the times, and the feelings that were going round.
We laughed out loud at that sorry SOB.
I don't know that I could control myself if I found Kerry and me in a room by ourselves.
Don't PRESUME to know, what others have seen, and been a part of sir.
I'll NEVER forgive that little rich kid, for betraying his country, and his service. A complete slim-ball.
Trying to compare our President to kerry is like comparing apples to watermelons.

I don't care if you were there before, during or after Kerry. I'm only interested if you were there WITH HIM. That was your criterion when chastising Jillian about her opinion regarding Bush. If you served on a swift boat or out on the ocean with Kerry I stand corrected.

I don't presume ANYTHING with what you have seen. Never have, never did. I agree re Kerry and Bush being apples and watermelons. I'd even go as far to say both are not worth crap...

I posted a round up, this thread is damn long. Hey, I may be wrong, but I seem to remember you playing grammar policeman before? If I am, apology offered, seriously.

I once had a go at Sitarro when he scolded somebody for bad grammar when is own post had mistakes. I was pointing out the irony to him. I also told Pale I had a scar over my left eye when he accused me of trying to be a "scarry guy". The first instance doesn't fit the bill, and the second was an attempt at humour. I have never seriously had a go at somebody who does typos unless they have a crack at me first. In fact, people picking on typos is one of my pet peeves. Posting should be fun...

believe what you will but your response to my link to the national guard serving in Vietnam would prove that you are once again claiming less than the truth.

because if your quote “You do know what the words "As far as I'm aware" mean, right?" from post 214 is not an insult then thank you for the compliment for correcting your friend's knowledge of the fact that george bush did volunteer for service in Vietnam

Why would it be an insult or a compliment? I was pointing out Jillian's qualifier, which you either ignored or didn't see. If you didn't see it mea culpa, if you did, I was pointing it out. If you think that is an insult, your skin is bordering on the transparent.

Forum List

Back