GOP war on voting continues

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Looks like they're running w/ the idea that if you aren't likely to vote for them well then..... you shouldn't be allowed to vote at all

Montana GOP looks to end same-day voter registration | MSNBC
Voting experts say allowing people to register and vote on the same day is among the most effective ways to boost participation in the election process. So naturally, Republicans in states across the country have been looking to crack down on same-day registration. And in Montana, they got a step closer last week to ending the practice.

Discuss.....

It's weird that the radical left assumes that republicans run the federal government even though democrats have a majority in the senate and the president is as far left as you can go. Now the paranoid left apparently assumes that republicans control every state and presumably the world. The Montana state legislature passed the measure and the state supreme court ruled that it was constitutional. It's a given that the union based education system in the US sometimes produces idiots but even a college kid should be able to figure out how to cast an absentee ballot and know that it's against the law to vote in two different jurisdictions in the same election. Let the Big Sky people do what they think is best lefties. You have more on your plate with all the scandals in the Hussein administration.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
It's weird that the radical left assumes that republicans run the federal government even though democrats have a majority in the senate and the president is as far left as you can go. Now the paranoid left apparently assumes that republicans control every state and presumably the world. The Montana state legislature passed the measure and the state supreme court ruled that it was constitutional. It's a given that the union based education system in the US sometimes produces idiots but even a college kid should be able to figure out how to cast an absentee ballot and know that it's against the law to vote in two different jurisdictions in the same election. Let the Big Sky people do what they think is best lefties. You have more on your plate with all the scandals in the Hussein administration.

If they really admitted to who is in charge and said policies their head would explode.

Good.

If you are so detached and aloof that you can't bother yourself to register to vote a few weeks before the election takes place, then you are exactly the kind of person that shouldn't be voting.

No kidding, the same if you're healthy and can't bother to get an ID...
stay home...the rest of us are sick of hearing about your lame asses and your whine, poor poor pitiful me

Last edited:
Msnbc reporting is such a joke...It reads like a DNC press release

Here's a clue for them, don't move to Montana

Last edited:
I've always been a little leery of same day voter registration. It would seem on the surface to increase the potential for fraud, although, I don't know if any data actually supports that being the case.

Either way, this is a ballot initiative, so it's something the people of the state will decide if they want or not. The OP's insinuation that this is a Republican war on voting is disingenuous.

I've always been a little leery of same day voter registration. It would seem on the surface to increase the potential for fraud, although, I don't know if any data actually supports that being the case.

Either way, this is a ballot initiative, so it's something the people of the state will decide if they want or not. The OP's insinuation that this is a Republican war on voting is disingenuous.
He's a progressive. You really expected better? :lol:

I don't understand the political debate. You have to show an ID now if you want to deposit money in your own bank account. What the heck is the big deal about proving your vote is your vote? How does showing proof that you are who you say you are discriminate against any one except those who vote under the name of Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck??
It is an easy way to avoid fraud, or is that the problem? It would avoid fraud, and what party would that effect the most? Who cares? It reduces fraud. Isn't that a good enough reason for Americans?
Why do Repubs and Dems have to throwdown on everything? It is an American voting issue to avoid fraud. It's like making flu shots a political wrestling match. Can't we just do something right in this country without blame? Get a damn card and go vote. Issue resolved. Geeze.

I don't understand the political debate. You have to show an ID now if you want to deposit money in your own bank account. What the heck is the big deal about proving your vote is your vote? How does showing proof that you are who you say you are discriminate against any one except those who vote under the name of Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck??
It is an easy way to avoid fraud, or is that the problem? It would avoid fraud, and what party would that effect the most? Who cares? It reduces fraud. Isn't that a good enough reason for Americans?
Why do Repubs and Dems have to throwdown on everything? It is an American voting issue to avoid fraud. It's like making flu shots a political wrestling match. Can't we just do something right in this country without blame? Get a damn card and go vote. Issue resolved. Geeze.

what is the highest amount of fraudulent votes in any election in the last 20 yrs?

what is the highest amount of fraudulent votes in any election in the last 20 yrs?

my gawd, one fraudulent vote is one too many..but what do you care
it will most likely benefit the Democrat party according to you

Let's not forget the photo-I.D. protest that required photo-I.D.s.

And here's the latest from de Gassio...

Bill de Blasio: Municipal IDs for New Yorkers 'regardless of immigration status' - Newsday

they are all such fakes and phonies...but when they have no record to run on...their next best thing, pit the people against the people in this country

it's a shameful practice by them, but many fall for it over and over as we see with the op

Odd how such things came into vogue... 5 years ago.

Let's not forget the photo-I.D. protest that required photo-I.D.s.

And here's the latest from de Gassio...

Bill de Blasio: Municipal IDs for New Yorkers 'regardless of immigration status' - Newsday

they are all such fakes and phonies...but when they have no record to run on...their next best thing, pit the people against the people in this country

it's a shameful practice by them, but many fall for it over and over as we see with the op

Odd how such things came into vogue... 5 years ago.

the worst I've ever seen...and what a shame people will follow their lead...

Why is voter fraud a major concern for Repubs right after they start losing elections? :eusa_think:

Last edited:
Why is voter fraud a majot concern for Repubs right after they start losing elections? :eusa_think:

Not sure, considering most of this legislation to combat alleged voter fraud activities started coming about after the 2010 elections when the GOP had a historic sweep. :eusa_think:

Are you finished now?

Forum List

Back