GOP wants to give our high tech jobs to foreigners

Oldguy

Sep 25, 2012
Texas
You can always count on the GOP to support ANYTHING which hurts American working people.

Now, they want to ease visa restrictions to allow more foreigners to come here and take our high tech jobs. After spending decades helping to ship our lower tech jobs to China, now they want to give away our high tech jobs as well.

House Republicans plan vote on expanding science, tech visas - Political Watch - MarketWatch

Oh, sure...they call it some kind of "immigration reform," but it's actually a jobs for immigrants program which Mitt Romney had in his campaign platform and the House intends to deliver it anyhow.

So is that how it works?

Democrats give away low skilled jobs to Illegal Aliens.
Republicans give away high skilled jobs to Legal Immigrants.

Which Party f*cks us more?

I imagine something similar to this will be in any immigrant reform bill. Einstein was a high skilled immigrant.

I think that approaching immigration reform piecemeal is problematic. If the republicans what to help they should work together with the democrats on a comprehensive bill. If everyone is working for a win for their side nothing will ever get done.

You can always count on the GOP to support ANYTHING which hurts American working people.

Now, they want to ease visa restrictions to allow more foreigners to come here and take our high tech jobs. After spending decades helping to ship our lower tech jobs to China, now they want to give away our high tech jobs as well.

House Republicans plan vote on expanding science, tech visas - Political Watch - MarketWatch

Oh, sure...they call it some kind of "immigration reform," but it's actually a jobs for immigrants program which Mitt Romney had in his campaign platform and the House intends to deliver it anyhow.

the left is so disingenuous it is outrageous. The thing that was predicted then and has come true is that the free trade agreements that Clinton got passed would cause jobs to flee the country. Now it has and you liberal liars want to put the blame any where then where it belongs, right with the Democrat party. On top of that the liberal left is all for illegals flooding the country and taking any other low tech job.

if you are a gramps you are old enough to remember Perot's prediction of a great sucking sound of jobs and it has happened just as he said.

Then we have you democrats bragging about all the elections you win, but you won't take responsibility for the mess that the democrats have created, disgusting.

If there are Americans to do the high tech jobs then they certainly should get first shot. But remember, the liberals are in control of our education system and the products they turn out a deep in debt and there isn't much demand for English majors.

I imagine something similar to this will be in any immigrant reform bill. Einstein was a high skilled immigrant.

I think that approaching immigration reform piecemeal is problematic. If the republicans what to help they should work together with the democrats on a comprehensive bill. If everyone is working for a win for their side nothing will ever get done.

Why don't you think that the democrats should work together with the republicans? You and I both know why.

So is that how it works?

Democrats give away low skilled jobs to Illegal Aliens.
Republicans give away high skilled jobs to Legal Immigrants.

Which Party f*cks us more?

I guess the liberal left would be happy if these same people used the Democrat immigration plan and swam the Rio Grande river.

the left is so disingenuous it is outrageous. The thing that was predicted then and has come true is that the free trade agreements that Clinton got passed would cause jobs to flee the country. Now it has and you liberal liars want to put the blame any where then where it belongs, right with the Democrat party. On top of that the liberal left is all for illegals flooding the country and taking any other low tech job.

if you are a gramps you are old enough to remember Perot's prediction of a great sucking sound of jobs and it has happened just as he said.

Then we have you democrats bragging about all the elections you win, but you won't take responsibility for the mess that the democrats have created, disgusting.

If there are Americans to do the high tech jobs then they certainly should get first shot. But remember, the liberals are in control of our education system and the products they turn out a deep in debt and there isn't much demand for English majors.

Talk about disingenuous! NAFTA, CAFTA, TPP and the S&PPA were ALL negotiated by Republican administrations!

Wall Street cares not where the cheap labor comes from, either import cheap labor, or export the factories. That policy will eventually bite them in the ass. Probably when China and/or India owns 51% of the US.

Wall Street cares not where the cheap labor comes from, either import cheap labor, or export the factories. That policy will eventually bite them in the ass. Probably when China and/or India owns 51% of the US.

Those who invest in Wall Street could care less as well. All anyone cares about is return on investment, pure and simple. But don't forget it would not happen without the government letting it happen.

I'm an immigrant to this country. I can tell you it is an enormous pain to immigrate here.

We need talented people to come to America. Something like half of all Ph.D.s in the sciences and math in American schools were born outside the country. But the Little Americans who think we have to protect ourselves from the Big Bad Outsiders by banning talent from this country think its a good thing. Let these smart and talented people go somewhere else.

It's bizarre. It's like banning really good football players from playing on your team.

A very non-Republican friend of mine runs an IT department at a non-profit. He has a hard time attracting good people.

just remember the asswarp in the wh has to sign it before it becomes law. whatyathinkhe'sgonnado?

I'm an immigrant to this country. I can tell you it is an enormous pain to immigrate here.

We need talented people to come to America. Something like half of all Ph.D.s in the sciences and math in American schools were born outside the country. But the Little Americans who think we have to protect ourselves from the Big Bad Outsiders by banning talent from this country think its a good thing. Let these smart and talented people go somewhere else.

It's bizarre. It's like banning really good football players from playing on your team.

A very non-Republican friend of mine runs an IT department at a non-profit. He has a hard time attracting good people.

Instead of importing more cheap labor, how about we spend some tax dollars to re-train unemployed and under-employed American's to fill those jobs first?

The GOP says that's unjustified government spending, that it adds to the deficit, that it's a form of welfare. What do you say?

Bullshit. We were doing fine until the unions fucked things up, and then Wall Street got desperate. Next thing you know, the masses voted the bourgeois out and now run the asylum. We need to manage demographics better is all. The smart ones know that they either can't afford kids, or refuse to bring kids into this fucked-up society.

Talk about disingenuous! NAFTA, CAFTA, TPP and the S&PPA were ALL negotiated by Republican administrations!

NAFTA was the one thing that William J. Clinton pushed for the hardest. Yes, negotitations were during HW Bush's administration but without Clinton it may never have gotten the 60 percent it needed to pass in the Senate. No matter who negotiated the treaty, CLINTON pushed for it and signed it.

As for CAFTA, small potatoes.

As for TPP, go to this site and see who is front and center: The United States in the Trans-Pacific Partnership | Office of the United States Trade Representative

And visit this site for news about the second NAFTA: Giant Sucking Sound Part 2? The NAFTA Of The Pacific Will Soon Allow Millions More American Jobs To Be Shipped Overseas

Giant Sucking Sound Part 2? The NAFTA Of The Pacific Will Soon Allow Millions More American Jobs To Be Shipped Overseas

Instead of importing more cheap labor, how about we spend some tax dollars to re-train unemployed and under-employed American's to fill those jobs first?

The GOP says that's unjustified government spending, that it adds to the deficit, that it's a form of welfare. What do you say?

If you don't let the talent in here, the companies will go there to get them there.

So your anti immigrant got it.

Bullshit. We were doing fine until the unions fucked things up, and then Wall Street got desperate. Next thing you know, the masses voted the bourgeois out and now run the asylum. We need to manage demographics better is all. The smart ones know that they either can't afford kids, or refuse to bring kids into this fucked-up society.

I'm trying to figure out how your post is relevant in any way to what I wrote.

Should we be using Big Government to restrict the choices and freedoms of Americans? You certainly seem to think so.

There is money for retraining now we spend a lot to retrain.

That said, do you have a direct quote from a human being that says this: "The GOP says that's unjustified government spending" Please provide the link and the name of the person. Thanks in advance for the nothing you'll supply.

Forum List

Back