GOP Votes Against Bring Jobs Back to Americans

How does the bill define a job brought back to America? Why should we bring back low paying menial work of sewing clothes instead of helping Americans learn to do things like build sewing machines? What are the particulars of the bill you are championing here? Am I supposed to jump on it just because it sounds good? IS that logical?

I'm not certain, but I can hazard a guess... "Shovel Ready"... oh wait, those don't exist, maybe that is the reason the GOP rejected this bill?

I'd like to read more about this.

Immie

I thought I posted the link to the bill in this thread. To simplify: If Ford has a small group, office or big plant in say India and they move the operation from India to America, they get an immediate 20% tax credit (not deduction, credit!) for all cost associated with moving the group, office or plant back to the USA and for every American they hire, as a result of that move.
And no Windbag, you're not supposed to jump on board with a bill I am championing just because it sounds good. The only reasons that you SHOULD jump on board with any bill are because you have downloaded the .pdf and / or researched the content of the bill. Obviously, you haven't done that in this case and therefore choose to be against based on a combination of political ideology and intentional ignorance of the bill in order to avoid knowing something that would conflict with said political ideology. It's okay, you just parrot the opinions of others. It's really all you have. Would you like me to tell you your opinion on any current event you haven't yet posted on? Always easy to do! :) Which is why you're well worth ignoring. Then i only see your ignorant prattle when you reply to someone else. Isn't that nice!

Me challenging you to actually prove the bill says what you say it does makes me ignorant? Can you explain the illogic that led you to that conclusion?

When is the left going to quit whining about the unfairness of only controlling 2/3 of the federal government? If you listen to the whiners you would think Barry had retired and Harry Reid was in hiding somewhere. Come to think of it it might be true.

This is why I'm voting Obama for president and... for the local Republican for Congress, this year:

26 Jul 12 Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked the No.1 item on the president's congressional "to-do-list," refusing to allow a vote on a bill that would give tax breaks for companies that "insource" jobs to the U.S. from overseas while eliminating tax deductions for companies that move jobs abroad.

In voting against the bill, Republicans raised both substantive and procedural problems with the measure.

The bill fell four votes short of the 60 needed to bring it to debate, with 42 voting against it. Four GOP senators -- Scott Brown of Massachusetts, Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe of Maine and Dean Heller of Nevada -- voted in favor of the bill.

There's no pork in this bill. It has only one purpose and it's a good one. Help bring jobs back to Americans. And of course, 99% of the GOP put party before country and killed it. Thanks guys.

Why should Republicans want to undo what they worked so hard to do? Do you know how hard it is to move millions of jobs to China?

When is the left going to quit whining about the unfairness of only controlling 2/3 of the federal government? If you listen to the whiners you would think Barry had retired and Harry Reid was in hiding somewhere. Come to think of it it might be true.

When is anyone from the Right ever going to directly address topics, issues or (gasp!) questions?
The Left AND the Middle are not holding our breath...

When is anyone from the Right ever going to directly address topics, issues or (gasp!) questions?
The Left AND the Middle are not holding our breath...

Everyone is still waiting for you to prove you are telling the truth about the bill.

This is why I'm voting Obama for president and... for the local Republican for Congress, this year:

26 Jul 12 Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked the No.1 item on the president's congressional "to-do-list," refusing to allow a vote on a bill that would give tax breaks for companies that "insource" jobs to the U.S. from overseas while eliminating tax deductions for companies that move jobs abroad.

In voting against the bill, Republicans raised both substantive and procedural problems with the measure.

The bill fell four votes short of the 60 needed to bring it to debate, with 42 voting against it. Four GOP senators -- Scott Brown of Massachusetts, Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe of Maine and Dean Heller of Nevada -- voted in favor of the bill.

There's no pork in this bill. It has only one purpose and it's a good one. Help bring jobs back to Americans. And of course, 99% of the GOP put party before country and killed it. Thanks guys.

Cutting and pasting articles without links is against the board rules, and its plagiarism.

How about fixing the tax code so it's not 40,000 pages of complex garbage and level the playing field across the board and then maybe we won't need to worry about companies outsourcing in the first place?

Soooo......did you post that link yet? I'd like to read it too.

Sorry, thought I already had. Here it is:

GOP senators block top Obama jobs initiative - CNN

Here's another one:

GOP senators block Dem

So basically, because the Dems wouldn't add any pork or special requests by GOP, the Republicans killed a TAX BREAK. Of course, this one would have helped American workers, not executives....

Basically, you are full of shit. The Republicans said that this was based on politics, not economics. Not a word from either side about pork.

Here's another one:

GOP senators block Dem

So basically, because the Dems wouldn't add any pork or special requests by GOP, the Republicans killed a TAX BREAK. Of course, this one would have helped American workers, not executives....

I already posted your link. Don't pretend you got it from CNN... you got it from the occupy retards. You regurgitate crap and call yourself Independent Logic. Man, you are one delusional little fucker.

Here's another one:

GOP senators block Dem

I already posted your link. Don't pretend you got it from CNN... you got it from the occupy retards. You regurgitate crap and call yourself Independent Logic. Man, you are one delusional little fucker.

Ah. You again. So let's see. hmm. the Op is word for word from the CNN link and you can't figure out that was the original source? (Giggles). Why am I not surprised that would be beyond you.
So I notice actually addressing the subject of the OP is still beyond your capabilities. Well little girl, at least you're consistent!
You may now continue to um, well, be you. :)

From the article:

The Bring Jobs Home Act would provide a 20% tax break for the costs of moving jobs back to the United States and would rescind business expense deductions available to companies that are associated with the cost of moving operations overseas.

The question that needs to be asked is in the long run, how do we know this is going to be beneficial to any business? Sure, it may lessen their expenses for the next year or two by using the tax credit, but if five years from now the cost of doing business here still outweighs the cost of doing business over there then this is completely useless and nobody will take that kind of risk in such an uncertain economy.

That is the question the OP should answer before he accuses the GOP of voting against bringing jobs back to Americans.

From the article:

The Bring Jobs Home Act would provide a 20% tax break for the costs of moving jobs back to the United States and would rescind business expense deductions available to companies that are associated with the cost of moving operations overseas.

The question that needs to be asked is in the long run, how do we know this is going to be beneficial to any business? Sure, it may lessen their expenses for the next year or two by using the tax credit, but if five years from now the cost of doing business here still outweighs the cost of doing business over there then this is completely useless and nobody will take that kind of risk in such an uncertain economy.

That is the question the OP should answer before he accuses the GOP of voting against bringing jobs back to Americans.

Whereas this is such hypocritical BS. If the tax break won't do companies any good, they simply won't take advantage of it. There are no REQUIREMENTS to use it! Duh. So the party that is supposedly all about making taxes easier to hire Americans, votes against this. And here's where the kool-aid drinking drones look really foolish and you've just given me the quote for it:
"if five years from now the cost of doing business here still outweighs the cost of doing business over there then this is completely useless"
So then Mitt-Flop and the GOP's assertion that lowering taxes on corporations will solve our ecnomic problems is complete BS BECAUSE:
"if five years from now the cost of doing business here still outweighs the cost of doing business over there then this is completely useless".
oops.
So yeah. Let's kill a bill that can only help bring jobs to America and does no harm if not taken advantage of. Byt the way - it was written to be a PERMANENT Amendment to the tax code. You guys really should turn on something other than FOX once in a while.

From the article:

Whereas this is such hypocritical BS. If the tax break won't do companies any good, they simply won't take advantage of it. There are no REQUIREMENTS to use it! Duh. So the party that is supposedly all about making taxes easier to hire Americans, votes against this. And here's where the kool-aid drinking drones look really foolish and you've just given me the quote for it:
"if five years from now the cost of doing business here still outweighs the cost of doing business over there then this is completely useless"
So then Mitt-Flop and the GOP's assertion that lowering taxes on corporations will solve our ecnomic problems is complete BS BECAUSE:
"if five years from now the cost of doing business here still outweighs the cost of doing business over there then this is completely useless".
oops.

Yeah, there is an "oops" here alright, but not from me.......

:bang3:

From the article:

oops.

Yeah, there is an "oops" here alright, but not from me.......

:bang3:

Nice dodge! I don't blame you. T

There's pork in the bill for 7% of the population--the unions, and you know it too, don't you.

That bill is full of nothing but trouble, and the Republicans are just trying to minimize the surreptitious damages of the Obama bullshit team focus on hammering America's prosperity into the dust of antiquity.

Well, I would say that I never met a tax credit or deduction I didn’t like, but as usual, the simple answers (this bill is about 4 pages long) are not always good or workable, despite the “feel good” aspect of the bill. So if a company does business overseas and wants to relocate to the US, we give them a 20% tax credit. Great. Now let’s say I want to build a plant in Texas in 2015 (once I get through the myriad regulations), for $100 million. So in the meantime I set up shop in Mexico for a fraction of the cost. A year or two later I shut that operation down and start setting up my Texas plant. I just got the US taxpayer to fund $20 million of my costs for the Texas operation.

Now, the other half of this bill is a denial of deductions for “outsourcing expenses”, defined as follows:

‘(A) any eligible expense paid or incurred by the taxpayer in connection with the elimination of any business unit of the taxpayer (or of any member of any expanded affiliated group in which the taxpayer is also a member) located within the United States, and
‘(B) any eligible expense paid or incurred by the taxpayer in connection with the establishment of any business unit of the taxpayer (or of any member of any expanded affiliated group in which the taxpayer is also a member) located outside the United States,
if such establishment constitutes the relocation of the business unit so eliminated.

If I’m a multinational corporation in multiple jurisdictions, how do I or the IRS know whether I have “eliminated” a business unit in the US, or relocated it outside? And what’s to stop that multinational from just creating a foreign entity and avoiding US tax altogether? I don’t know, it seems punitive to prevent our most revered companies from expanding in line with their customer base and best interests, and instead giving them an incentive to become some other country's most revered company. I wonder if Japan has penalized Toyota and Honda for “outsourcing” to the US?

These kind of vague rules are what have led to our bloated tax code; this short regulation will requires hundreds of pages of IRS code, revenue rulings, tax court cases, etc. to put in place. Why not keep it simple? Give every employer a credit for hiring new workers; that’s what we want, right? That reduction in cost to the employer should reduce their need to go offshore for lower wages, if it is significant enough, and if that is the only reason.

Forum List

Back