GOP Votes Against Bring Jobs Back to Americans

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
This is why I'm voting Obama for president and... for the local Republican for Congress, this year:

26 Jul 12 Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked the No.1 item on the president's congressional "to-do-list," refusing to allow a vote on a bill that would give tax breaks for companies that "insource" jobs to the U.S. from overseas while eliminating tax deductions for companies that move jobs abroad.

In voting against the bill, Republicans raised both substantive and procedural problems with the measure.

The bill fell four votes short of the 60 needed to bring it to debate, with 42 voting against it. Four GOP senators -- Scott Brown of Massachusetts, Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe of Maine and Dean Heller of Nevada -- voted in favor of the bill.

There's no pork in this bill. It has only one purpose and it's a good one. Help bring jobs back to Americans. And of course, 99% of the GOP put party before country and killed it. Thanks guys.

Who, how and what determines what jobs are "insourced"? Another govt entity that will play politics?

Dumb idea. Just get govt out of the way.

Who, how and what determines what jobs are "insourced"? Another govt entity that will play politics?

Intentional ignorance of a subject, in order to protect political ideology is always wonderful to observe. let me dumb it down:

20% tax break for bringing jobs back to America.
Wow. That was tough to grasp!

Come off it lefties. When are you going to quit whining about having the majority of (ONLY) 2/3 if the federal government? The president could have had any crazy tax scheme in his crazy agenda two years ago and all we got was "Cash for Clunkers" and a thousand useless windmills.

good grief, we need to send these idiots home more often

a bill on IN sourcing jobs

Last edited:

Intentional ignorance of a subject, in order to protect political ideology is always wonderful to observe. let me dumb it down:

start sarcasm:
But aren't all tax breaks the same? When we give tax breaks to rich people they automatically create jobs because they are actually job creators and not people who just take the extra money. Requiring them to create american jobs for their tax breaks will make them sad, and then they won't create random jobs without a purpose. They are job creators and when you hinge their tax breas on the job creation you want them to do they do not create jobs.
end sarcasm:

Just going to prove that unless you tell rich people what they have to do for their tax breas, they just take the extra money and put it in the caymans.

Thank you for your astute analysis and insights. Obviously you're quite familiar with the bill and very concerned about American unemployment and the solutions offered to assuage a difficult situation. Please let us know if in the future, you have even more input containing such comprehensive and direct contribution.
So you're quite blissful, then?

Thank you for your astute analysis and insights. Obviously you're quite familiar with the bill and very concerned about American unemployment and the solutions offered to assuage a difficult situation. Please let us know if in the future, you have even more input containing such comprehensive and direct contribution.
So you're quite blissful, then?

:lol:
Obama is wanting to RAISE taxes on anyone who makes over 250.000 dollars and you think this is going to bring IN sourcing business in?
like I said, these idiots have to much time on their hands to screw US...but you make sure you still go vote for that Obama

Last edited:
This is why I'm voting Obama for president and... for the local Republican for Congress, this year:

26 Jul 12 Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked the No.1 item on the president's congressional "to-do-list," refusing to allow a vote on a bill that would give tax breaks for companies that "insource" jobs to the U.S. from overseas while eliminating tax deductions for companies that move jobs abroad.

In voting against the bill, Republicans raised both substantive and procedural problems with the measure.

The bill fell four votes short of the 60 needed to bring it to debate, with 42 voting against it. Four GOP senators -- Scott Brown of Massachusetts, Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe of Maine and Dean Heller of Nevada -- voted in favor of the bill.

There's no pork in this bill. It has only one purpose and it's a good one. Help bring jobs back to Americans. And of course, 99% of the GOP put party before country and killed it. Thanks guys.

Do you have a link to the actual bill? If not, how the frack do you know what is, and is not, in it?

Last edited:

How does the bill define a job brought back to America? Why should we bring back low paying menial work of sewing clothes instead of helping Americans learn to do things like build sewing machines? What are the particulars of the bill you are championing here? Am I supposed to jump on it just because it sounds good? IS that logical?

start sarcasm:
But aren't all tax breaks the same? When we give tax breaks to rich people they automatically create jobs because they are actually job creators and not people who just take the extra money. Requiring them to create american jobs for their tax breaks will make them sad, and then they won't create random jobs without a purpose. They are job creators and when you hinge their tax breas on the job creation you want them to do they do not create jobs.
end sarcasm:

Just going to prove that unless you tell rich people what they have to do for their tax breas, they just take the extra money and put it in the caymans.

Umm, genius, only rich people would be able to get this tax break because only rich people can afford to outsource jobs to China to save money.

i see you don't understand the bill. And I also see you do not see the damage this Obama has caused on all of us citizens. Obama has had 4 yrs and done nothing but cause major struggling and hardships, and you want to vote for him again???? good grief. And I also see you don't see that the Democrats put party over the citizens. Obama has brought no jobs to this country, and isn't going to in the future. He is incompetent. I am going to vote Romney and hope for something better then what Obama has done to all of us. And I am an independent, not republican or Democrat.

bchinab.jpg

US Chamber of Commerce lobbyist moderated panel on outsourcing American jobs: report

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/uschamberofoutsourcing.pdf

'U.S.' Chamber Of Commerce Funded By Top Offshoring Companies

The Economic Policy Institute (EPI) in Washington estimates that at least 2.4 million manufacturing jobs were lost between 2001 and 2008 because of China taking over the production of manufactured goods. That number represent 66.9% of all jobs displaced in that seven year period. Durable goods manufacturing jobs displaced during that time account for most of the manufacturing job losses, and for 47.1% of all the total jobs displaced due to trade with China.

Is China Bad For The U.S. Job Market? - Forbes

The chamber’s increasingly aggressive role — including record spending in the midterm elections that supports Republicans more than 90 percent of the time — has made it a target of critics, including a few local chamber affiliates who fear it has become too partisan and hard-nosed in its fund-raising.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/22/us/politics/22chamber.html?pagewanted=all

-----------------------------------

See the theme here? Foreign countries give to the Chamber of Commerce who in turn gives to Republicans who help move jobs overseas.

Then their base screams "LIAR, IT'S OBAMA". Only it's not Obama. All they have to do are a few searches to know the truth. Only, they're delusional. They don't want to know the truth. If their own leaders work to screw the Republican Base, then their only other choice is "Obama" but he's black. Yuk. He's black. Better voting for a white guy who screws us over than a black guy who will help us.

This bill, via your brief description, sounds good, but I'm always more than a little skeptical of -any- piece of legislation, regardless of its name and/or stated purpose, as neither of those things ever seems to encompass what the bill actually does. This is, however, beside the point.

The point is that, not only is the government playing with an already overly complex tax code to further unbalance it to encourage the behavior they want, but they're only treating a symptom. Rather than asking -why- these jobs are moving overseas and then doing what we can about it, we're just gonna buy 'em back? I don't know how many examples we need to see before people start figuring out that the government blindly throwing money at a problem doesn't make it go away for shit.

My thought is that, since we've still got the biggest economy on the planet, we start using it to our advantage. Here at home, we've got all these labor standards, we've got all these environmental standards, and by en large I think they're a good thing, even if we're going over the deep end with both entitlement mentality and the green agenda (in my opinion, of course). At any rate, if we feel so strongly about these regulations (and clearly many of us do), then why do we still allow multinational conglomerates to dump toxic feces into the oceans and rivers of the planet as long as they don't do it here, and then happily go about purchasing their products? Why do we let them work 8 year olds to death for pennies in factories that they moved overseas and then ship their shit over here for free? You wanna in-source more jobs? Either loosen the regulatory noose back at home, or start holding foreign products to the same ethical standards to which we hold domestic ones. Wanna sell your shit in the big market? You gotta jump through the big market hoops.

This bill, via your brief description, sounds good, but I'm always more than a little skeptical of -any- piece of legislation, regardless of its name and/or stated purpose, as neither of those things ever seems to encompass what the bill actually does. This is, however, beside the point.

The point is that, not only is the government playing with an already overly complex tax code to further unbalance it to encourage the behavior they want, but they're only treating a symptom. Rather than asking -why- these jobs are moving overseas and then doing what we can about it, we're just gonna buy 'em back? I don't know how many examples we need to see before people start figuring out that the government blindly throwing money at a problem doesn't make it go away for shit.

My thought is that, since we've still got the biggest economy on the planet, we start using it to our advantage. Here at home, we've got all these labor standards, we've got all these environmental standards, and by en large I think they're a good thing, even if we're going over the deep end with both entitlement mentality and the green agenda (in my opinion, of course). At any rate, if we feel so strongly about these regulations (and clearly many of us do), then why do we still allow multinational conglomerates to dump toxic feces into the oceans and rivers of the planet as long as they don't do it here, and then happily go about purchasing their products? Why do we let them work 8 year olds to death for pennies in factories that they moved overseas and then ship their shit over here for free? You wanna in-source more jobs? Either loosen the regulatory noose back at home, or start holding foreign products to the same ethical standards to which we hold domestic ones. Wanna sell your shit in the big market? You gotta jump through the big market hoops.

You make a lot of good points but my beef is simple. Our government has been doing nothing but getting us to hate each other (Lib vs Conserv) so the focus on be on what a crappy job they're doing and why nothing ever gets done.
Of course every bill could be killed with the justification that it doesn't solve all the worlds problems at once. This is the first bill I've seen in a long time that has no pork (although the GOP said they would support it IF it had theirs added to it) and does nothing but offer tax breaks for bringing obs home. No extra regulation, no special interests, no requirements that companies do "X", nothing. Just a tax break - and a damn good one to incentivise bringing jobs home. it may not be enough but danm, it's a start! And the GOP killed it. Thanks guys.

How does the bill define a job brought back to America? Why should we bring back low paying menial work of sewing clothes instead of helping Americans learn to do things like build sewing machines? What are the particulars of the bill you are championing here? Am I supposed to jump on it just because it sounds good? IS that logical?

I'm not certain, but I can hazard a guess... "Shovel Ready"... oh wait, those don't exist, maybe that is the reason the GOP rejected this bill?

I'd like to read more about this.

Immie

Last edited:

I'm not certain, but I can hazard a guess... "Shovel Ready"... oh wait, those don't exist, maybe that is the reason the GOP rejected this bill?

I'd like to read more about this.

Immie

I thought I posted the link to the bill in this thread. To simplify: If Ford has a small group, office or big plant in say India and they move the operation from India to America, they get an immediate 20% tax credit (not deduction, credit!) for all cost associated with moving the group, office or plant back to the USA and for every American they hire, as a result of that move.
And no Windbag, you're not supposed to jump on board with a bill I am championing just because it sounds good. The only reasons that you SHOULD jump on board with any bill are because you have downloaded the .pdf and / or researched the content of the bill. Obviously, you haven't done that in this case and therefore choose to be against based on a combination of political ideology and intentional ignorance of the bill in order to avoid knowing something that would conflict with said political ideology. It's okay, you just parrot the opinions of others. It's really all you have. Would you like me to tell you your opinion on any current event you haven't yet posted on? Always easy to do! :) Which is why you're well worth ignoring. Then i only see your ignorant prattle when you reply to someone else. Isn't that nice!

Forum List

Back