GOP Tax Heist.......Hold on to your rear end

It has become obvious that the elected politicians in Washington are there to serve the people who give them money. But at least they have tried to APPEAR to look after the interests of the bulk of their constituents.

That pretense has gone. Screw the little guy and the middle class. Fuck fiscal responsibility (what was once a cornerstone of conservatism). And cater to the top end.
at least they have tried to APPEAR to look after the interests of the bulk of their constituents.

Excuse me?
  • Do you truly consider "trying to appear to" do something is a good thing?
  • Do you not realize that trying to "appear to" do, while not actually doing, a given thing is the very definition of dissemblance?
  • Are you truly okay with our nation's elected officials dissembling to the American people?

Elected officials, though emplaced in positions of public trust by a subset of the electorate, once in those positions, they must act on behalf of everyone, not merely be the official mouthpieces and power wielders of those who voted for them. While liberal and conservative policy approaches and priorities may differ, the people representing us are ethically and duty bound to enact laws whereby the outcome -- the betterment of most people, and minimally no worsening of the least fortunate among us -- is, overall and in the long run, the same and equitable, on a comparative basis, to all.

I do not think elected officials acting on behalf of anyone but the good of the nation is a good thing. I merely remarked that there was no longer any pretense at serving the public. And I think that speaks volumes.
I merely remarked that there was no longer any pretense at serving the public.

Seriously? You actually think elected representatives no longer pretend that their choices are for the good of the nation as a whole? As goes the GOP tax reform legislation currently under consideration, that's not the letter or spirit of the rhetoric I've been hearing come from the plans advocates:
Republicans are trying to sell this tax package as a fairer reform that will make things better for all Americans. If that is what they are actually trying to do, then they should probably not offer something so obviously shaped as a shiv for Trump's political enemies. If not out of principle, then out of naked self-interest. However astonishing their current disarray, Democrats are going to be back in power someday, and if Republicans weaponized the tax code in this fashion, when "their day" comes, Democrats undoubtedly pick up this crudely crafted weapon and turn it on its creator. And make no mistake, when Dems hold sway in the WH and Congress, they get passed the major legislation they have been "on about" for the prior however-many years; Dems may no know much, but they know how to get bills, big complicated ones, written so their coalition will vote for them.

Obama extended the Bush tax rates.

WHY do you think??? Or do you "think".......???

I believe that Obama did that (a mistake to do so during TWO costly, unpaid-for wars) to ensure the extension of unemployment benefits........."No good deed goes unpunished,correct?)

Come up with whatever fairy tale you want nut, the fact is the Hussein and his super majority Dem Congress decided to extend the Bush tax rates, making them his. The truth is Dems know raising taxes would wreck the economy. In the end they raised taxes on everyone anyway with Obungles-care. You know, the thing he said wasn’t a tax until there only defense in the Supreme Court case was that if it was a tax then it would be legal?

I believe that Obama did that (a mistake to do so during TWO costly, unpaid-for wars) to ensure the extension of unemployment benefits........."No good deed goes unpunished,correct?)

Come up with whatever fairy tale you want nut, the fact is the Hussein and his super majority Dem Congress decided to extend the Bush tax rates, making them his. The truth is Dems know raising taxes would wreck the economy. In the end they raised taxes on everyone anyway with Obungles-care. You know, the thing he said wasn’t a tax until there only defense in the Supreme Court case was that if it was a tax then it would be legal?

Hawk,
Until you or a close family member gets very ill you will not have a clue what Obamacare was meant to do..

While your GOP gets big money from the big Pharma ( who are corrupt as hell ) in bed with the FDA ( who are even more corrupt ) who are in bed with the whole system..
Do you know how much money was spent for you to believe their lies?

Yet, you support putting America right back into the crisis that was happening before Obamacare because you had to pay a bit more..

Well, it is a guarantee that you will be paying much more than ever before to line the pockets of the corruption .

They have no solutions except to help the wealthy..WTF Hawk. and you all are ok with that.

It is flood up! Pretty much it transfers wealth to the people cheating the system and fucks everyone else.
-Fucks the student attempting to better their own life.
-Fucks the middle class worker as he can't deduct anymore
-Fucks the poor

It is just dumb

Hawk,
Until you or a close family member gets very ill you will not have a clue what Obamacare was meant to do..

While your GOP gets big money from the big Pharma ( who are corrupt as hell ) in bed with the FDA ( who are even more corrupt ) who are in bed with the whole system..
Do you know how much money was spent for you to believe their lies?

Yet, you support putting America right back into the crisis that was happening before Obamacare because you had to pay a bit more..

Well, it is a guarantee that you will be paying much more than ever before to line the pockets of the corruption .

They have no solutions except to help the wealthy..WTF Hawk. and you all are ok with that.

Drug companies are pouring money into GOP coffers - STAT News

The pharmaceutical industry has been spreading dollars around the nation's capital. Drug makers doled out $240 million for lobbying purposes last year, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, making it the biggest spender.Sep 1, 2016

Gasp! I have to keep more of my money! I'm so getting screwed by having more of the money I worked for! Whatever will I do?!

There is No Dem Tax overhaul plan Obama the job killer, Biden the public groper and crooked Hillary are the new D ideal

Errr. Hello... We just dug ourselves out from the Bush 8 years of giving the wealthy breaks , thanks to Obama .

How stupid can someone be to think that Trump has anything to do with that , or that Trump has your back..

There is No Dem Tax overhaul plan Obama the job killer, Biden the public groper and crooked Hillary are the new D ideal

Errr. Hello... We just dug ourselves out from the Bush 8 years of giving the wealthy breaks , thanks to Obama .

How stupid can someone be to think that Trump has anything to do with that , or that Trump has your back..

If you think an Alinskyite statist like Obama had anything positive to do with the below expectations highly anemic rebound recovery during his misrule you are foaming at the mouth barking Mad

Forum List

Back