GOP Tax Heist.......Hold on to your rear end

It has become obvious that the elected politicians in Washington are there to serve the people who give them money. But at least they have tried to APPEAR to look after the interests of the bulk of their constituents.

That pretense has gone. Screw the little guy and the middle class. Fuck fiscal responsibility (what was once a cornerstone of conservatism). And cater to the top end.
at least they have tried to APPEAR to look after the interests of the bulk of their constituents.

Excuse me?
  • Do you truly consider "trying to appear to" do something is a good thing?
  • Do you not realize that trying to "appear to" do, while not actually doing, a given thing is the very definition of dissemblance?
  • Are you truly okay with our nation's elected officials dissembling to the American people?

Elected officials, though emplaced in positions of public trust by a subset of the electorate, once in those positions, they must act on behalf of everyone, not merely be the official mouthpieces and power wielders of those who voted for them. While liberal and conservative policy approaches and priorities may differ, the people representing us are ethically and duty bound to enact laws whereby the outcome -- the betterment of most people, and minimally no worsening of the least fortunate among us -- is, overall and in the long run, the same and equitable, on a comparative basis, to all.

There is No Dem Tax overhaul plan Obama the job killer, Biden the public groper and crooked Hillary are the new D ideal

Errr. Hello... We just dug ourselves out from the Bush 8 years of giving the wealthy breaks , thanks to Obama .

How stupid can someone be to think that Trump has anything to do with that , or that Trump has your back..

Many Americans are just that stupid. In fact, some are even willing to vote for a guy who cruised malls in Alabama for 14-year-old girls. Go figure.

Many Americans are just that stupid. In fact, some are even willing to vote for a guy who cruised malls in Alabama for 14-year-old girls. Go figure.
It has become obvious that the elected politicians in Washington are there to serve the people who give them money. But at least they have tried to APPEAR to look after the interests of the bulk of their constituents. That pretense has gone. Screw the little guy and the middle class. Fuck fiscal responsibility (what was once a cornerstone of conservatism). And cater to the top end.
Yeah, pretty much. It's become more about image than details - Repeal the ACA while promising you had a better plan, an outright lie; Big new tax plan that will significantly help the middle class, an outright lie. And all along, the flock is cheering because it fits the bumper sticker.

What a minute Mac, I could have sworn that you were jumping all over the democrats and supporting the republicans a few months back.

Look at the first line of my sig. And you can see where I specifically stand on the issues at the end of the second line of my sig.

I'm an independent. I don't have to spin for the bullshit of either "major" party, even though I DO have to live with their behaviors.

Mac, it is the people who sit in the middle picking sides for every issue and not standing with a party is what got Trump into office .

I feel that Trump was running as a independent in the beginning of his campaign but basically screwed over everyone except for the extreme right when he picked up Pence and drained the corrupted swamp right into his own cabinet .

Most people drew their line in the sands at that point when they realized Trump has lied, flipflopped , and doesn't know what the hell he is doing ..

While the GOP sneak around passing things for their Rich buddies.

I think it is time to pick a side

It has become obvious that the elected politicians in Washington are there to serve the people who give them money. But at least they have tried to APPEAR to look after the interests of the bulk of their constituents. That pretense has gone. Screw the little guy and the middle class. Fuck fiscal responsibility (what was once a cornerstone of conservatism). And cater to the top end.
Yeah, pretty much. It's become more about image than details - Repeal the ACA while promising you had a better plan, an outright lie; Big new tax plan that will significantly help the middle class, an outright lie. And all along, the flock is cheering because it fits the bumper sticker.

What a minute Mac, I could have sworn that you were jumping all over the democrats and supporting the republicans a few months back.

Look at the first line of my sig. And you can see where I specifically stand on the issues at the end of the second line of my sig.

I'm an independent. I don't have to spin for the bullshit of either "major" party, even though I DO have to live with their behaviors.

Mac, it is the people who sit in the middle picking sides for every issue and not standing with a party is what got Trump into office .

I feel that Trump was running as a independent in the beginning of his campaign but basically screwed over everyone except for the extreme right when he picked up Pence and drained the corrupted swamp right into his own cabinet .

Most people drew their line in the sands at that point when they realized Trump has lied, flipflopped , and doesn't know what the hell he is doing ..

I think that life is a little more complicated than just "picking a side" and running with it, no matter what.

It has become obvious that the elected politicians in Washington are there to serve the people who give them money. But at least they have tried to APPEAR to look after the interests of the bulk of their constituents.

That pretense has gone. Screw the little guy and the middle class. Fuck fiscal responsibility (what was once a cornerstone of conservatism). And cater to the top end.
at least they have tried to APPEAR to look after the interests of the bulk of their constituents.

Excuse me?
  • Do you truly consider "trying to appear to" do something is a good thing?
  • Do you not realize that trying to "appear to" do, while not actually doing, a given thing is the very definition of dissemblance?
  • Are you truly okay with our nation's elected officials dissembling to the American people?

Elected officials, though emplaced in positions of public trust by a subset of the electorate, once in those positions, they must act on behalf of everyone, not merely be the official mouthpieces and power wielders of those who voted for them. While liberal and conservative policy approaches and priorities may differ, the people representing us are ethically and duty bound to enact laws whereby the outcome -- the betterment of most people, and minimally no worsening of the least fortunate among us -- is, overall and in the long run, the same and equitable, on a comparative basis, to all.

I do not think elected officials acting on behalf of anyone but the good of the nation is a good thing. I merely remarked that there was no longer any pretense at serving the public. And I think that speaks volumes.

I think that life is a little more complicated than just "picking a side" and running with it, no matter what.

I agree. In fact, I think the whole idea of picking a side and running with it, no matter what, is one of the worst things to happen to our nation. While we squabble over minor issues, we are being screwed from both sides.

I agree. In fact, I think the whole idea of picking a side and running with it, no matter what, is one of the worst things to happen to our nation. While we squabble over minor issues, we are being screwed from both sides.

Thing is that we really do not have anyone representing the independents...

There are different levels from each party..The extremes and moderates.

I hate what some left extremes passed in California, but just getting mad at it and not having an independent representing me is basically throwing my frustration no where..

Now I seriously thought that Trump was that independent in the beginning of his campaign..

But all he was doing was reaching from both sides to get support and telling them what they wanted to hear, not that he had any intention on fullfilly those promises..

Where did Nat go?

Yep. And it's getting worse by the day.

And the people in charge are loving it.

I feel that it has always been this way to hide corruption. But social media is watching like hawks and they are not getting away with it so easy.

I hate what some left extremes passed in California, but just getting mad at it and not having an independent representing me is basically throwing my frustration no where..

Now I seriously thought that Trump was that independent in the beginning of his campaign..

But all he was doing was reaching from both sides to get support and telling them what they wanted to hear, not that he had any intention on fullfilly those promises..

Where did Nat go?

We don't have anyone representing the bulk of the population.

Where did Nat go?

Do you remember when Trump first campaigned and the news was exploding saying that Trump tapped into what the people were feeling? It was all bullshit.

These citizen Kanes end up corrupt as hell..

Now I will say that I feel that Berney is a pretty honest guy who leans way too left and the DNC corruption screwed him

We didn't have any good choices , screwed either way with Trump or Clinton.

Where did Nat go?

Do you remember when Trump first campaigned and the news was exploding saying that Trump tapped into what the people were feeling? It was all bullshit.

These citizen Kanes end up corrupt as hell..

Now I will say that I feel that Berney is a pretty honest guy who leans way too left.

We didn't have any good choices , screwed either way with Trump or Clinton.

Trump is our second straight Cult of Personality presidency, which reflects more on us than on him.

A nation deserves the leaders it chooses.

There is No Dem Tax overhaul plan Obama the job killer, Biden the public groper and crooked Hillary are the new D ideal

The above idiot CANNOT....EVER......respond to a thread about his ilk without mentioning, Obama and Hillary.........(I guess they own his half-brain.....yuck!!!)

Thats what the R's did. They voted umpteen times to repeal when the vote didn't matter when O was prez and it passed in the house.

MORON....WHERE was the REPLACE part????....idiots like you must love to be conned.

Obama extended the Bush tax rates.

WHY do you think??? Or do you "think".......???

I believe that Obama did that (a mistake to do so during TWO costly, unpaid-for wars) to ensure the extension of unemployment benefits........."No good deed goes unpunished, correct?)

Last edited:

Well, in "fairness", Trump DID tap into the latent RACISM of his cult members, through his "birther-campaign."

Where did Nat go?

My dear, the underlined part (above) is called DEMAGOGUERY........a corrupt practice that unfortunately works rather well among the less educated.

Forum List

Back