GOP Tax Cut Doesn't Pay Cost of Living Rise; Shutdown Exposes Complete GOP Disarray!

Rates are not money. A rate cut of zero liability for money is zero: For 50% and now more of federal income tax filers.

Obama immediately gave the people affordable health insurance, and upwards of $800.00 refundable, on top of everything else. The Republicans took all that away, or claim to have taken it all away!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Many now know there is even cannabis smoke, in America!)

Rates are not money. A rate cut of zero liability for money is zero: For 50% and now more of federal income tax filers.

Are you kidding? Do you not understand how taxes work? Do you hold a job? There is no way that a family making $60K in 2017 will have zero tax liability, unless they have three or four kids. Married filing jointly for tax year 2017 with a household income of $60K puts them in the second tax bracket under the 2017 tax tables, which means they have a top marginal rate of 15%. There's no way they will get all of their federal taxes back unless they have three or four kids under the age of 18.

And rate cuts most certainly do mean money. How can any rational person deny this?

Obama immediately gave the people affordable health insurance, and upwards of $800.00 refundable, on top of everything else. The Republicans took all that away, or claim to have taken it all away!

Sigh. . . . Again, if Obama and the Dems had gotten their way in 2013 and had repealed all of the Bush tax cuts, the bottom tax bracket would have been 15% and the second tax bracket would have been 28%, single or married, from 2013 until the end of 2017. Do you understand that? Can you comprehend this? Go get a calculator and see how much that would have cost middle-income families.

And I again tell you that Trump's tax cuts will save my family at least $200 per month in net income, and I am in the third tax bracket.

Are you kidding? Do you not understand how taxes work? Do you hold a job? There is no way that a family making $60K in 2017 will have zero tax liability, unless they have three or four kids. Married filing jointly for tax year 2017 with a household income of $60K puts them in the second tax bracket under the 2017 tax tables, which means they have a top marginal rate of 15%. There's no way they will get all of their federal taxes back unless they have three or four kids under the age of 18.

And rate cuts most certainly do mean money. How can any rational person deny this?

Sigh. . . . Again, if Obama and the Dems had gotten their way in 2013 and had repealed all of the Bush tax cuts, the bottom tax bracket would have been 15% and the second tax bracket would have been 28%, single or married, from 2013 until the end of 2017. Do you understand that? Can you comprehend this? Go get a calculator and see how much that would have cost middle-income families.

And I again tell you that Trump's tax cuts will save my family at least $200 per month in net income, and I am in the third tax bracket.
Like the Bush Tax cuts for the rich, the Trump tax cuts for the rich were truly for the rich.

The Mid terms are in November.

In October, we will find out how many millions will lose there healthcare. And, which Red States will have no providers at all. And how much it will cost everyone else.

Republicans don't care about the middle class or the poor. The honest ones admit it. The GOP leadership are like Grifters with the GOP base the mark.

Famously a family of four at $60,000 per year gets $1182.00 savings in taxes this year, less than the recent 2% inflation of last year. That was $1200.00, just last year. This year the House GOP needed Democrats to keep the Federal government open. Famously, the Senate Republicans split on the issue of keeping the Federal government open.

The "Corrupt Deal" in the White House is actually far worse for progress than Jello. It has already cost the typical US household, even a cost-of-living increase!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, No Stirred!"
(2% does likely compute the time that US President has spent playing golf since taking office! It is either that or get some sleep, (and cutting back on the uppers)!)
So you want your taxes raised instead?

Go tell your Mommy

Let's get something straight: A household income of $60K is in the top 40-49% of income earners even in wealthier areas, and it's in the top 23-30% of income earners in less affluent areas.

What Percent Are You?

There is no way that a family making $60K in 2017 is going to have zero tax liability come tax-return time, unless they have three or four kids. And a single person making $60K won't have zero tax liability either.

A few years ago, I was making $60K and had one child still at home. I certainly did not get back all the federal income tax I paid that year. I got some of it back, but not all of it.

In fact, in the example of the $60,000 family of four, there is zero federal income tax liability for 2017, and zero federal income tax liability for 2018. And that is with only a $2000 IRA.

There is 2.2% inflation or more.

There is swindle of Americans caused by slime like mikegriffith1 poster, clearly Speaker Ryan, and the entire clan of Trump Family Zingers.

The Republicans took the Obama Refundable Make Work Pay Refundable Income Tax Credit away in 2011, so The Bush Tax Cuts for the rich had not worked. A $1.0 tril. war expense was incurred instead, and not paid for. The Near-Depression was under way. Obama took over and started. Then the Republicans won.

Hillary had encountered National Health Insurance reform, years before.

When Obama took over, tens of millions got a lot.

Because of Trump, McConnell, Ryan, and mikegriffith1 poster: Then tens of millions get nothing, except inflation.

(Something that is nothing: Needs much smoke!)

You may want to give up before saying more stupid stuff.

There is standard deduction of $12,700, and personal exemptions of $4,050 per, and an IRA deduction of $5500 and per child deduction from taxes of $1000 per, and the ObamaCare premium credit deduction from taxes to boot. $60,000 is way less than the $94000 ACA limit amount. Some people likely itemize deductions instead. And so on, and so on, and so on.

(Taxes, Taxes: I pay no taxes!)

There is standard deduction of $12,700, and personal exemptions of $4,050 per, and an IRA deduction of $5500 and per child deduction from taxes of $1000 per, and the ObamaCare premium credit deduction from taxes to boot. $60,000 is way less than the $94000 ACA limit amount. Some people likely itemize deductions instead. And so on, and so on, and so on.

Uh, if you itemize, you cannot use the standard deductions. You know that, right? If you take the standard deductions, you cannot itemize.

Again, there is no way that a family making $60K is going to have zero tax liability under the 2017 tax tables unless they have at least three kids.

And what about all the single people who make $60K? What about them? Surely you're not gonna claim that they will have zero tax liability, are you?

The Trump tax cuts will save middle-class people and families billions of dollars. My family will be getting an extra $200+ in take-home pay thanks to the Trump tax cuts, and I'm in the third bracket.

Speaking of the standard deduction, you know that the Trump tax cuts have nearly doubled the standard deduction, right? And you know that the Trump tax cuts also have doubled the child tax credit, right? How can you deny that the Trump tax cuts will help middle-class people and families?

Why oh why do you people insist on dismissing and rejecting good news? Just because that good news has been caused by Trump and the Republicans?

Last edited:
Stupid math-free mikegriffith1 poster fails to understand that itemized deductions are used when they are more than the Standard Deduction(1), that the OP Family of Four only needed the two kids for the per-child tax credit(2), that the IRA deduction comes out of the Adjusted Gross Income taxed(3), and that the ACA credit is a direct deduction from the tax itself(4).

Not too difficult to show there! The OP uses the Speaker Ryan example, which clearly intended the lie for all Wisconsin, even: Where the State Senate candidate lost the recent election.

Zero liability now, Zero liability Tommrraw(?), and possibly an increasing tax liability over the course of the next seven years after this one!

(No basis or need for tax cut now, none when Bush II Term I came into office and failed twice at any stimulus with tax cuts, and so went on to fail to adequately fund the basis-free Atrocity in Iraq! The whole thing all came tumbling on down in 2008, ramping up in 2009!)

Stupid math-free mikegriffith1 poster fails to understand that itemized deductions are used when they are more than the Standard Deduction(1), that the OP Family of Four only needed the two kids for the per-child tax credit(2), that the IRA deduction comes out of the Adjusted Gross Income taxed(3), and that the ACA credit is a direct deduction from the tax itself(4).

Not too difficult to show there!

Zero liability now, Zero liability Tommrraw(?), and possibly an increasing tax liability over the course of the next seven years after this one!

Are you a teenager or something using your parents' computer?

You seem to be missing the point that a $60K family would have a standard deduction of only $6,350 and a child tax credit of only $1,000 per child if the Trump tax cuts had not been passed. You realize that, right?

You have been claiming that for 2017 a family making $60K will have zero tax liability, which is demonstrably false. You seem to be mixing apples and oranges and assuming 2018 rates for tax year 2017, or you're just making up stuff.

And you keep avoiding the issue of single people who make $60K. The Trump tax cuts will certainly help them enormously. Just look at the new tax tables and compare them to the old ones.

The 2017 Standard Deduction for Married Filing Jointly is $12,700--shown in the tax code and previous posts. Those are alleged by illiterate mikegriffith1 poster to be non-existent. See post 32 above. Then add in that 2017 still keeps the $16,200 personal exemptions, which clearly the Republican stole, intending fraud. Those are not there, 2018.

Taking something away, and putting something in--for zero tax liability outcome--remains zero tax liability outcome.

(Giant firestorm of smoke still cannot run and hide(?)!)

The 2017 Standard Deduction for Married Filing Jointly is $12,700--shown in the tax code and previous posts. Those are alleged by illiterate mikegriffith1 poster to be non-existent. See post 32 above. Then add in that 2017 still keeps the $16,200 personal exemptions, which clearly the Republican stole, intending fraud. Those are not there, 2018.

Taking something away, and putting something in--for zero tax liability outcome--remains zero tax liability outcome.

I think I see where you're confused. The standard deduction is not deducted from your income tax liability; it's deducted from your gross income to reduce your taxable income. Do you understand that? You don't deduct the standard deduction from your income tax liability. Your income tax liability is deducted from your taxable income, which is your gross income minus deductions.

I conflated the individual standard deduction with the married one. Under the 2017 tax tables, the standard deduction was $6,350 for individuals and $12,700 for married filing jointly. Under the Trump cuts, the standard deduction has gone up to $12,000 for individuals and $13,000 to $24,000 for joint returns (What's in the final version of the tax bill?). How in the world you can claim that this will not help middle-class people is beyond comprehension.

Now, let's get back to your claim that for tax year 2017 a family making $60K will have zero federal tax liability. This erroneous claim seems to be based on the assumption that the standard deduction is deducted from your tax liability. Whatever the basis for your claim, it is demonstrably wrong. I challenge you to use any number of tax calculators, as I just did, and find me one that will say that a family making $60K is going to have zero tax liability for tax year 2017, unless they have three or more children. In fact, I think you'd have to have six kids to have zero tax liability, or four of five kids and other deductions (such as thousands in charitable contributions and $2K in IRA contributions).

I repeat to you the fact that a few years ago I was making $60K and had one child still at home, and I never got back all of my federal income tax. I got back most of it, but not all of it.

And I also repeat to you that under the Trump tax cuts I am now in the lower end of the third tax bracket and my family will be getting at least an extra $200 per month in take-home pay.

The 10 or 20 bucks a week those in Trump’s base who are employed might get is a mole hill compared to the mountain of cost that’s gonna hit when their fuk up to healthcare finally hits.
BAM!

See post 31 where "Deduction" and "Credit" are clearly different usages of tax numbers. Illiterate mikegriffith1 poster can show a computing. 12,700, plus 5,500, plus 16,200: All From 60,000 is a fairly Adjusted Gross Income, which is the tax basis. Then there are the noted credits from the tax.

The claim of a tax cut from zero liability to zero liability is a fraud.

(Disarray for now, Disarray Tomorraw, Disarray Forever!)

See post 31 where "Deduction" and "Credit" are clearly different usages of tax numbers. Illiterate mikegriffith1 poster can show a computing. 12,700, plus 5,500, plus 16,200: All From 60,000 is a fairly Adjusted Gross Income, which is the tax basis. Then there are the noted credits from the tax.

The claim of a tax cut from zero liability to zero liability is a fraud.

You find me one tax calculator that says that under 2017 tax tables a family making $60K will have no tax liability when they file their taxes in a few weeks, unless they have a bunch of kids. You find me one.

There is no way that a $60K family under the 2017 tax tables is gonna have zero tax liability come tax-return time this year, unless they have a bunch of kids.

And I again point out that you are still avoiding dealing with all the single people who make $60K. They will indisputably benefit substantially from the Trump tax cuts. Single people making $60K are in the second tax bracket under the Trump tax tables. They will be getting a rate of cut of 3 percentage points, a cut of 20%, on their top marginal rate.

Deanrd: The 10 or 20 bucks a week those in Trump’s base who are employed might get is a mole hill compared to the mountain of cost that’s gonna hit when their &$@#$ to healthcare finally hits. BAM!

You're either lying or don't know what you're talking about. Many middle-incomers will see a $100-$250 increase in their take-home pay. As I've said, my own family will be getting an extra $200+ in take-home pay thanks to the Trump tax cuts.

As for healthcare, Obamacare has caused a huge increase in health care premiums and has caused millions of people to lose policies that they liked, my son being one of them. Are you just oblivious to the fact that the Obamacare exchanges are imploding?

Last edited:
The calculator is called, "IRS Form 1040, Tax Year ended 12/31/2017."

Even White People know this.

The OP referenced Speaker Ryan's lie about a family of four at $60,000 income per year.

(Superstitious Prince of Subjugating Imperial Egypt also invented a deity unable to compute! See Deuteronomy 23:19-20, Exposed in Matthew 25:14-30, KJV, e.g. No more loans at usury among believers in the Superstition: Forever!)

Famously a family of four at $60,000 per year gets $1182.00 savings in taxes this year, less than the recent 2% inflation of last year. That was $1200.00, just last year. This year the House GOP needed Democrats to keep the Federal government open. Famously, the Senate Republicans split on the issue of keeping the Federal government open.

The "Corrupt Deal" in the White House is actually far worse for progress than Jello. It has already cost the typical US household, even a cost-of-living increase!

(2% does likely compute the time that US President has spent playing golf since taking office! It is either that or get some sleep, (and cutting back on the uppers)!)

Famously a family of four at $60,000 per year gets $1182.00 savings in taxes this year, less than the recent 2% inflation of last year.

How does that compare to the tax savings they would get from the Democrat tax cut?

Forum List

Back