GOP superdelegates: It's over, Romney is nominee

The good news is that that Theocrat Santorum is not going to win. The bad news is that we are stuck with Romney. And the even worse news, if not Romney then Obama!

The Bad News is that you have Romney, a guy who couldn't beat John McCain, Mike Huckabee, Ted the Drunk or Devall Patrick. He did beat a non-entity named Shannon O'Brien once.

Not thrilled with Santorums Zealotry, but he was a guy who understood working folks and what the 1% was putting them through. Romney's a guy who thinks it's a crisis when no one has Grey Poupon.

Santorum is a Washington-insider. He is either running for office or working for a co./firm that lobbies. He, like Romney, will tell you what you want to hear in order to get back through the revolving door.

Last edited:
The good news is that that Theocrat Santorum is not going to win. The bad news is that we are stuck with Romney. And the even worse news, if not Romney then Obama!

The Bad News is that you have Romney, a guy who couldn't beat John McCain, Mike Huckabee, Ted the Drunk or Devall Patrick. He did beat a non-entity named Shannon O'Brien once.

Not thrilled with Santorums Zealotry, but he was a guy who understood working folks and what the 1% was putting them through. Romney's a guy who thinks it's a crisis when no one has Grey Poupon.

Santorum is a Washington-insider. He is either running for office or working for a co./firm that lobbies. He, like Romney, will tell you what you want to hear in order to get back through the revolving door.

Except that he sticks to his guns. When all the other republicans headed for the tall grass on Iraq, he stood his ground. I respect that.

I'm not sure if I'd want Santorum to be president, but I like him as a person. I know I don't want Romney to be president and I despise him as a person.

Neither will Romney....

I said that he wouldn't get the nomination without major league cheating by the establishment, and that's what happened.

So I'm not sure what your point is.

But honestly, you are now forcing me to support Obama in the fall... and probably a lot of other people who would have voted for a decent GOP candidate but won't support this slug.

Honestly, it's Bob Dole all over again... without the dignity.

You can't tell the truth to save your soul, can you? You were voting for Obama anyway. Your right, of course, to do so, but your lies have outed by so many folks so often, you are merely here for grins and chuckles.

The people "calling me out" are the same ones who think you're a liberal and a RINO.

I'm just a guy who hates Mormons....

You got the last part right, for sure.

The only RINOs on the board are the far right wing extremists who pretend they are Republicans.

You can't tell the truth to save your soul, can you? You were voting for Obama anyway. Your right, of course, to do so, but your lies have outed by so many folks so often, you are merely here for grins and chuckles.

The people "calling me out" are the same ones who think you're a liberal and a RINO.

The only RINOs on the board are the far right wing extremists who pretend they are Republicans.

Ummm, nope. Sorry, guy, the GOP has courted those extremists for years, getting them to vote against their own economic interests. Now you are kind of stuck with them.

Which is why Romney will say he hates gays and loves guns... even though we all know he doesn't.

Ummm, nope. Sorry, guy, the GOP has courted those extremists for years, getting them to vote against their own economic interests. Now you are kind of stuck with them.

Which is why Romney will say he hates gays and loves guns... even though we all know he doesn't.

Show us exactly where MR says he "hates gays" and I don't care if he loves guns, because I carry conceal myself. You, as a non-Republican, don't get to tell us Republicans what a RINO is. We get to tell you.

Show us exactly where MR says he "hates gays" and I don't care if he loves guns, because I carry conceal myself. You, as a non-Republican, don't get to tell us Republicans what a RINO is. We get to tell you.

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy, guy. 1994 Mitt was an unapologetic liberal. 2012 Mitt is a right wing asshole.

1994 Mitt - "I'll be better on gay rights than Ted Kennedy."

2012 Mitt - "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman and, as president, I will protect traditional marriage and appoint judges who interpret the Constitution as it is written and not according to their own politics and prejudices.”

It's laughable. And I guess at some point, Mr. Etch-a-Sketch will try to distance himself from these "extremists" as you say, but they will stick to him like a "tar baby". (A term Mitt the Gaffer used not realizing the racial connotations.)

Too funny.

But the thing that really worries me. That the religious nutbags will eventually figure out they don't need to sell their soul to billionaires. There are plenty of folks on the left who believe in Sky Pixies just as much.

You are one of the biggest hypcrites here, JoeB. You don't like Mitt. OK. People change opinions. Geez, you changed candidates four times in three weeks, for hevean's sake.

You got me laughing again. :lol:

It's over, and Mitt Romney is going to be the GOP nominee for president.

Bob Bennett of Ohio was more blunt.

"Look, Gov. Romney's going to be the nominee, and he's going to have enough votes," said Bennett, who is publicly neutral but said he supported Romney four years ago.

GOP superdelegates: It's over, Romney is nominee - Yahoo! News

So it looks like the GOP tree is done being shaken and Mitt Romney is now considered the top man for the job of toppling President Obama.

The GOP dug deep and has decided that Mitt Romney best fits who they are as a party and best represents the conservative voters.

Is your commentary sarcasm? ;)

I'm waiting for Romney to pick Santorum as his VP then we can have another McCain/Palin ticket, well in effect anyway.

It's over, and Mitt Romney is going to be the GOP nominee for president.

Bob Bennett of Ohio was more blunt.

"Look, Gov. Romney's going to be the nominee, and he's going to have enough votes," said Bennett, who is publicly neutral but said he supported Romney four years ago.

So it looks like the GOP tree is done being shaken and Mitt Romney is now considered the top man for the job of toppling President Obama.

The GOP dug deep and has decided that Mitt Romney best fits who they are as a party and best represents the conservative voters.

I'm waiting for Romney to pick Santorum as his VP then we can have another McCain/Palin ticket, well in effect anyway.

MR will pick either Rubio of Florida or Martinez of NM, I am thinking. He has to shore himself up with the right, women, and hispanics. He can only get two of three from Rubio but all three from Martinez. I hope it will be enough in November, but I am beginning to wonder about that.

MR will pick either Rubio of Florida or Martinez of NM, I am thinking. He has to shore himself up with the right, women, and hispanics. He can only get two of three from Rubio but all three from Martinez. I hope it will be enough in November, but I am beginning to wonder about that.

This election will be about Obama not about Romney as Obama is the incumbent which is good for Romney. If it was strickly about the personalities of Obama v Romney then what would even be the point of an election ;).

Anyway I think Rubio would be a great choice, I like rubio....I have to look into Martinez a bit more.

If he picks one of the other canidates that ran it will not help his chances IMO.

You are one of the biggest hypcrites here, JoeB. You don't like Mitt. OK. People change opinions. Geez, you changed candidates four times in three weeks, for hevean's sake.

I'm the only guy whose been consistant. Let's review.

TEABAGGER in November 2011- "I'm not voting for Romney. Nosireee... I'm going to vote for Perry. Or Herman."

Teabagger in April 2012 - "Well, Gosh, I have to support Romney, he's better than Obama."

Teabagger in November 2012 - "Well, Romney Lost because he wasn't a real conservative."

Leftist in November 2011 - "Wow, Romney is such a sensible guy."

Leftist in April 2012 - "Romney's the anti-Christ. He's evil. He tortures dogs!"

Leftists in November 2012- Well, Romney's loss just says that the GOP is intolerant.

Joe B in November 2011.- "Romney Sucks."

Joe B in April 2012 - "Romney sucks."

Joe B in November 2012- "Romney sucks. And Loses!"

I'm as constant as the northern star!

This election will be about Obama not about Romney as Obama is the incumbent which is good for Romney. If it was strickly about the personalities of Obama v Romney then what would even be the point of an election ;).

Anyway I think Rubio would be a great choice, I like rubio....I have to look into Martinez a bit more.

If he picks one of the other canidates that ran it will not help his chances IMO.

If hate for the guy in now was enough to get the guy currently in out, we'd be at the end of President Kerry's second term right now.

Obama will not let the election be a referendum about him is the point. He is going to challenge Romney as an out of touch wealthy man who cares nothing for the every day American and he is going to attack the do nothing GOP congress.

Romney is the weakness here, even though I will vote for him. He needs to shore up where he is weak. What we can do about our GOP jokers and jokerettes that undermined Boehner's congress is beyond me. We should win this election hands down yet BHO is the favorite.

We brought this on ourselves.

Obama will not let the election be a referendum about him is the point. He is going to challenge Romney as an out of touch wealthy man who cares nothing for the every day American and he is going to attack the do nothing GOP congress.

Romney is the weakness here, even though I will vote for him. He needs to shore up where he is weak. What we can do about our GOP jokers and jokerettes that undermined Boehner's congress is beyond me. We should win this election hands down yet BHO is the favorite.

Uh, no guy, what you did was expend the synergy the TEA Party created by throwing a bucket of cold water on it.

Hey, what happened to all the anti-TEA Republicans you claimed were going to show up and reclaim the GOP? I mean, I've got a Teabagger Congressman, and he ran unopposed. (I wrote in Jack Ryan, which is what I do when I don't like the GOP candidate.)

SNIP
Your consistency in being anti-Romney, JoeB, is not a virtue, when your inconsistency of flitting from one candidate to another is much as does a whore from one customer to another.

You would have supported no Republican candidate.

However, where none of the others could possibly compete with Obama, Romney has a chance, but my party's extreme right is busy pissing in the party cheerios again.

Time will tell.

Always nice to see intellectual honesty.

I don't know if Romney can get away with picking a candidate to shore up weakness (Rubio, Martinez). You have to wonder if women and Hispanics might see right through that schtick and tell him to shove it.

That said, I'm still guessing Rubio or Portman.

Always nice to see intellectual honesty. I don't know if Romney can get away with picking a candidate to shore up weakness (Rubio, Martinez). You have to wonder if women and Hispanics might see right through that schtick and tell him to shove it. That said, I'm still guessing Rubio or Portman. .

Gingrich and Santorum do not want a GOP victory. They want Romney beaten so badly that the party will go far right in 2016, not understanding that Rubio and Christie will beat their brains out in the electioneering. They are smarter, they are more courageous, and they are not nearly as flawed like Newt or Rick.

Your consistency in being anti-Romney, JoeB, is not a virtue, when your inconsistency of flitting from one candidate to another is much as does a whore from one customer to another.

However, where none of the others could possibly compete with Obama, Romney has a chance, but my party's extreme right is busy pissing in the party cheerios again.

Time will tell.

That only works on the assumption that it's about idealogy. It isn't. It's about character.

Romney doesn't have any. He's completely fucking evil. And a Mormon. But I repeat myself.

Incidently, my presidential voting record since 1980 has been Reagan twice, Bush twice (although it was close the second time) Dole, Bush twice again and McCain. This will be the first time I vote for either a third party or Democrat.

Because Romney's scum.

Time will tell.

That only works on the assumption that it's about idealogy. It isn't. It's about character.

Romney doesn't have any. He's completely fucking evil. And a Mormon. But I repeat myself.

Incidently, my presidential voting record since 1980 has been Reagan twice, Bush twice (although it was close the second time) Dole, Bush twice again and McCain. This will be the first time I vote for either a third party or Democrat.

Because Romney's scum.

Methinketh my social libertarian fraud that you do not tell the truth. But, hey . . . you have been posting as least two, if not more, monikers for some months here.

Romney apparently has more character than you. :lol:

Forum List

Back