GOP Steve King, Iowa Congressman Admit He Doesn’t ‘Trust The Words Of Any Source’

R

rdean

MATTHEWS: Who are the people you’re dealing with? [...]
KING: The American citizens. [...]
MATTHEWS: So you’re polling in your district to find out whether the United States goes into default or not at the end of this month. … They know what’s going to happen…
KING: I have an independent judgment as well.
MATTHEWS: Ok tell me where it comes from.
KING: It comes from a long experience of dealing politically, and in business, and raising a family, and being an American citizen…
MATTHEWS: What does raising a family teach you about international finance? [...]
KING: That’s not my only source of information — is raising my children. [...]
MATTHEWS: Do you trust the Wall Street Journal, do you trust the New York Times?
KING: I read the Wall Street Journal. I sometimes read the New York Times. I don’t really trust it. I don’t trust the words of any source.

Matthews then asked if King could cite one — just one — international or domestic expert who he trusts on these issues and agrees with his view. King, of course, could not name one.

Chris Matthews Clowns Steve King, Forces Iowa Congressman To Admit He Doesn’t ‘Trust The Words Of Any Source’

Bachmann, Other House Conservatives, Accuse Obama Of Debt Scare Tactics

Bachmann, Other House Conservatives, Accuse Obama Of Debt Scare Tactics : It's All Politics

------------------------------------------------------------------

I love it when right wingers say they had a "gut feeling". Gas, or a bit of undigested beef, or constipation can give you a "gut feeling".

If only they had "reason".

Steve King Represents Republicans "perfectly".

I love it when right wingers say they had a "gut feeling". Gas, or a bit of undigested beef, or constipation can give you a "gut feeling".

You wouldn't know reason if it fell on you, dipschitt.

Reason and the right wing. Mutually exclusive.

I love to ask that someone describe a "reasonable" right wing policy. No one can. Hilarious.

omgfirggengawd...

STOP THE DAMN WORLD, this is BIG BIG BIG NEWS and SHOCKING.

:lol::cuckoo:

I love to ask that someone describe a "reasonable" right wing policy. No one can. Hilarious.
As though you would know a reasoned line of thinking when you heard it...Which you clearly don't.

MATTHEWS: So you’re polling in your district to find out whether the United States goes into default or not at the end of this month. … They know what’s going to happen…
KING: It comes from a long experience of dealing politically, and in business, and raising a family, and being an American citizen…
MATTHEWS: What does raising a family teach you about international finance? [...]
MATTHEWS: Do you trust the Wall Street Journal, do you trust the New York Times?
KING: I read the Wall Street Journal. I sometimes read the New York Times. I don’t really trust it. I don’t trust the words of any source.

Matthews then asked if King could cite one — just one — international or domestic expert who he trusts on these issues and agrees with his view. King, of course, could not name one.

Chris Matthews Clowns Steve King, Forces Iowa Congressman To Admit He Doesn’t ‘Trust The Words Of Any Source’

Bachmann, Other House Conservatives, Accuse Obama Of Debt Scare Tactics : It's All Politics

Sounds like a typical politician to me.

This is the same guy that tried to argue Darwin didn't understand that evolution means that complicated life forms evolve from simple ones. He wouldn't know reason if it came up and kicked him in the balls.

Look at the right wingers defending this idiot. It's almost as if he's someone they relate to. Hilarious.

For years, various people have been noting the "dumbing down" of America and Americans. Numerous polls have shown that both students and adults were ignorant about history and other common knowledge subjects.

The other day, I was in a store where a woman over the age of 40 was reloading one of those Red Box DVD machines. She called my attention to ask me a question. As she was going through the on screen menu, it asked what the display type was. The first question was asking if it was a 45 degree angle. She didn't know what a 45 degree angle was. I explained that it was a 90 degree angle. I didn't say anything, but I just could NOT believe that someone her age wouldn't know that.

The point? I've noticed a lot of ignorant and stupid people over the years. But I never thought it would extend into the highest offices in our gov't. I've just gotten an education. I guess I was stupid for not believing it was possible.

He does, indeed.

I watched that interview. What an obnoxious bastard. Steve King is the archetypal contemporary Republican, spewing endless streams of dogmatic nonsense with absolutely no affirmation or supportive reference. He is a typical political thug.

For years, various people have been noting the "dumbing down" of America and Americans. Numerous polls have shown that both students and adults were ignorant about history and other common knowledge subjects.

The other day, I was in a store where a woman over the age of 40 was reloading one of those Red Box DVD machines. She called my attention to ask me a question. As she was going through the on screen menu, it asked what the display type was. The first question was asking if it was a 45 degree angle. She didn't know what a 45 degree angle was. I explained that it was a 90 degree angle. I didn't say anything, but I just could NOT believe that someone her age wouldn't know that.

The point? I've noticed a lot of ignorant and stupid people over the years. But I never thought it would extend into the highest offices in our gov't. I've just gotten an education. I guess I was stupid for not believing it was possible.
I understand what you're saying. I fully agree and it is a worrisome circumstance. The general ignorance of the American population, especially in comparison to the Asians, will ultimately cause this Nation's downfall.

Look at the right wingers defending this idiot. It's almost as if he's someone they relate to. Hilarious.

No one is defending anyone. Mathews did not give him a chance to answer, so we are simply ignoring the entire conversation.

:lol:.....where is anyone defending the guy Dean?......this thread is typical of all your threads......everyone just starts goofing on you.......:lol:

I was watching the View one morning and the woman, Shari something clearly didn't know the world is round. Whoopi was flabbergasted. She said, "You don't know the world is round" and Shari said in an angry tone, "I know how to put food on the table for my family, that's all I need to know".

Forum List

Back