GOP ... states can keep Obamacare

If you like your Obamacare, you can keep your Obamacare

GOP senators outline first Obamacare replacement plan

States are given the option that if healthcare exchanges are working and the people like them, they can keep them

Otherwise, the can set up Health Savings Plans to help pay for insurane

or....do nothing and let em die

My guess is Republicans will hate it more than the Democrats do

So no health insurance plan, HSA have been around for years.

Let's hope so. The federal government's role in health care should be reduced. The less 'plan' the better.

Last edited:
my guess is the people who elect their Congressmen/women will tell them what they want and how they want it if they want to be reelected again, and the results will show up in 2018 despite what Trump and his little bots want.
exactly what I believe. that's a first for you!

I am just sickened that the GOP has taken all healthcare away from the working poor. Things will change come 2018.

The Democrats should have done the right thing the FIRST damn time and extended the Medicare / Medicare Supplement / Medicare Advantage system to all. An excellent, already-functioning blend of public funding and dynamic private competition.

Now we're going to end up with some kind of Frankenstein's fucking monster.

Thanks, "leaders".
You're right, but even that would have pissed off a lot of people, who like me don't have to pay out much out of pocket for routine preventative exams and very rarely actually meet my deductible. I'd have to pay for medicare supplemenets, or face a real danger that me or mine would get something serious.

I'm not sure there was a good answer. In some ways, I think the dems original Obamacare that forced ALL states to expand Medicaid or lose all Medicaid dollars, was the right way to go, but the fine for not having HC should have been low, with more of the funding stream coming from the top 1%. They had 60 and they could have passed it.

There is no such thing as Obamacare. It is page after page of fines and regulations sticking it to the hospitals and their patients. We can do much better. In fact we were doing much better before the obstruction.
People think I am joking when I say you tards were in a coma before January 2009.

ileyxj.png

That's because you are a joke. The per capita cost came down because no one is being covered anymore. Obamacare does not pay out. It fines and collects.
So instead of admitting you lied, you doubled down!

That's the pseudocon way.

That's the way of the knowledgeable. I lied about nothing, and don't rely on gov. information to confirm government information.

So, again be warned. If any one is going to have an extended stay in the hospital, check every day to make sure your status remains inpatient. They have been changing it without alerting the patients, and all those people who think Obamacare is working are getting classified as outpatient and are on their own as far as the costs are concerned. As for insurance, my insurance was soooooooooooo much better before Obama allowed them to raise deduct to $5,000, and premiums through the roof. No one has decent insurance any more. And because the fines cost less, the youth are opting for a one time fine they can't afford instead of signing up for insurance they can't afford, or staying on the plan their parent's can't afford. Obamacare was a money grab, just like everything else Obama did.

Last edited:
The Democrats should have done the right thing the FIRST damn time and extended the Medicare / Medicare Supplement / Medicare Advantage system to all. An excellent, already-functioning blend of public funding and dynamic private competition.

Thanks, "leaders".
You're right, but even that would have pissed off a lot of people, who like me don't have to pay out much out of pocket for routine preventative exams and very rarely actually meet my deductible. I'd have to pay for medicare supplemenets, or face a real danger that me or mine would get something serious.

I'm not sure there was a good answer. In some ways, I think the dems original Obamacare that forced ALL states to expand Medicaid or lose all Medicaid dollars, was the right way to go, but the fine for not having HC should have been low, with more of the funding stream coming from the top 1%. They had 60 and they could have passed it.
Well, Medicare Advantage plans are closer to the PPO/HMO model, with some co-pays and deductibles, but have VERY low monthly premiums, from $0 to around $75. Medicare Supplements have higher premiums but cover pretty much EVERYTHING. And I'd be all for premium support where needed.

Right now we have seven (7) different delivery/payment systems: Group, individual, Medicare, Medicaid, VA, Worker's Comp and indigent care. That's fucking MADNESS. And worse, they don't communicate directly with each other. The inefficiencies are as bad as you'd imagine.

I think the answers are out there, but everyone is too busy screaming at each other.

There is no such thing as Obamacare. It is page after page of fines and regulations sticking it to the hospitals and their patients. We can do much better. In fact we were doing much better before the obstruction.
People think I am joking when I say you tards were in a coma before January 2009.

ileyxj.png

That's because you are a joke. The per capita cost came down because no one is being covered anymore. Obamacare does not pay out. It fines and collects.
So instead of admitting you lied, you doubled down!

That's the pseudocon way.

That's the way of the knowledgeable. I lied about nothing
Yeah, you lied. And I proved it. Too bad.

The GOP owns healthcare now.

Prediction: When healthcare costs go up again next year, the pseudocons will call it "fake news".

Prediction: When healthcare costs go up again next year, the pseudocons will call it "fake news".
why are you opposed to getting it done right? It currently doesn't work as advertised, to say differently is just nonsense.

why are you opposed to getting it done right? It currently doesn't work as advertised, to say differently is just nonsense.
I am not opposed to getting it done right. In fact, I have put my proposal for doing it right on this forum countless times.

I have yet to see the GOP do the same. Or Trump. And the GOP has had DECADES to put a plan on the table, and never did.

Trump lied when he said he has a "beautiful" plan. He's waiting for someone to drop one in his lap for which he can take credit.

I have ZERO confidence the GOP Congress and the huckster President will succeed in bringing down healthcare costs.

The GOP had their chance when Bush was President and they owned Congress, and healthcare costs accelerated instead. Plus they added another trillion dollar medical entitlement.

my guess is the people who elect their Congressmen/women will tell them what they want and how they want it if they want to be reelected again, and the results will show up in 2018 despite what Trump and his little bots want.
Some states did a good job setting up Healthcare exchanges. Kentucky loves their system as do many blue states

Republicans love states rights, why not let them decide on their healthcare?

If you like your Obamacare, you can keep your Obamacare

GOP senators outline first Obamacare replacement plan

States are given the option that if healthcare exchanges are working and the people like them, they can keep them

Otherwise, the can set up Health Savings Plans to help pay for insurane

or....do nothing and let em die

My guess is Republicans will hate it more than the Democrats do

So no health insurance plan, HSA have been around for years.

Shhhh....don't tell them

Seems the federal contribution for Obamacare would go into an HSA which you can use to buy insurance on the private market

When the Republicans last owned the Congress and the White House, healthcare costs skyrocketed, and they added a new trillion dollar medical entitlement to the debt pile.

That's their record. Now they have to prove they won't fuck it up again. They don't get the benefit of the doubt after what they did last time.

Thanks, "leaders".

Democrats couldn't even get the public option past the Blue Dogs. You think Medicare for all would have flown?

I am not opposed to getting it done right. In fact, I have put my proposal for doing it right on this forum countless times.

I have yet to see the GOP do the same. Or Trump.

Trump lied when he said he has a "beautiful" plan. He's waiting for someone to drop one in his lap for which he can take credit.

I have ZERO confidence the GOP Congress and the huckster President will succeed in bringing down healthcare costs.

They had their chance when Bush was President and healthcare costs accelerated.
well shit, Trump just got there Friday and froze it for now. He still needs a cabinet, why not ask congress to complete their fking jobs and then let's let Trump actually concentrate on getting some dialog going with everyone. Most everyone is in agreement something needs to be done to the ACA in it's current state. Mandate is over. It will die on its own without funding. And if I was trump I'd make sure the country knows why the congress let it die. Again, trump was a third party candidate running under the GOP banner. He is my president and selected by me cause he was not a member of either party. I want him to shake the shit out of DC and stop all of the useless finger pointing and get the job done for America.

I have never said ObamaCare works as advertised. In fact, I have said over and over, since the beginning, it was a massive bait and switch con.

But as I have pointed out, also countless times, if you have a situation where healthcare costs have been rising faster than inflation and GDP for DECADES, and you offer the American people Plan A (from the Democrats) and NOTHING (from the Republicans), the people will always choose Plan A, even if it sucks.

The GOP now owns the healthcare problem. They campaigned on it. And now they are in a panic. They are the dog that caught the car and don't know what to do next.

Forum List

Back