GOP Senators Seeking NEW Law That Allows Them To NOT Do Thier Jobs

caddo kid

Gold Member
Aug 15, 2018
Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley and eight other GOP senators on Friday introduced the “End Government Shutdowns Act.”

“The measure will create an automatic continuing resolution for any regular appropriations bill or existing CR, keeping the federal government open when budget negotiations falter before key spending deadlines,” the lawmakers said in a news release.

After 120 days, funding would be reduced by 1%, and it then would be cut by 1% again every 90 days “until Congress does its job and completes the annual appropriations process,” the senators added.

Republican senators roll out bill that would end all future shutdowns

Yep; why would a law maker want to do their goddamn job?

Congress sucks
They also have an extremely high re election rate.
The people suck even more.

did they put a "stupid fucking president" addemdum in there anywhere

Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley and eight other GOP senators on Friday introduced the “End Government Shutdowns Act.”

“The measure will create an automatic continuing resolution for any regular appropriations bill or existing CR, keeping the federal government open when budget negotiations falter before key spending deadlines,” the lawmakers said in a news release.

After 120 days, funding would be reduced by 1%, and it then would be cut by 1% again every 90 days “until Congress does its job and completes the annual appropriations process,” the senators added.

It is clear Congress is incapable of doing their job

I like the bill

All they need to do is find a president that would sign it. I'm not sure any of them would. It just puts the Budget on continuous CR, which ignores spending priorities or other initiatives.

With the way the opposition party and or the media rips you apart you would have to be stupid as hell to run in the first place....so we get a boatload of dumb asses to choose from.....

Knowing how these GOP ass holes (don't) work they will try & make this retro-active thus allowing Trump to save face

make it 10% and I could maybe support this

and yes, I'd be pulling for shutdowns every year...

"i have never been more depressed about moving forward than i am right now" - Lindsey Graham

so he wants to commit suicide?

I'd support it if they made an immediate cut of 10% across the board and an additional 10% every 30 days, with no retroactive appropriations.

Forum List

Back