GOP Representative supports 12 year olds getting married but opposes gender affirming treatments.

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Seems a 12 year old is old enough to agree to get married but not old enough to agree to gender treatments

When pressed by state Rep. Peter Meredith (D) about a different bill Moon voted against in the past, which would make it illegal for adults to marry children, the GOP lawmaker doubled down on his support for underage marriage.
“Do you know any kids who have been married at age 12? I do. And guess what? They’re still married,” Moon responded

Seems a 12 year old is old enough to agree to get married but not old enough to agree to gender treatments

When pressed by state Rep. Peter Meredith (D) about a different bill Moon voted against in the past, which would make it illegal for adults to marry children, the GOP lawmaker doubled down on his support for underage marriage.
“Do you know any kids who have been married at age 12? I do. And guess what? They’re still married,” Moon responded
The MAGAt idea of TRADITIONAL marriage.

Marriages can be annulled and/ or people can get divorced.
Not sure you can reattach penises (or is that penii?) or breasts after a few months/ years.

Stay away from the kids.

Marriage is not a permanent state no matter how old. Castration does not have the same result.

Plus our societies in the west have developed to the point where maturation has had biology replaced by education and mental development, but biology has not changed to match that.

If people can have children at a given age, marriage has to be an option at that age. A highly regulated and controlled option, but an option none the less.

Which are just as bad and can lead to irreversible changes to a person's development.

And on the other hand, a transexual having undergone puberty will have a much less successful transition

That is why these decisions need to be made by the parents, the child, medical and psychological professionals

NOT GOP Lawmakers who despise Transexuals

Plus our societies in the west have developed to the point where maturation has had biology replaced by education and mental development, but biology has not changed to match that.

If people can have children at a given age, marriage has to be an option at that age. A highly regulated and controlled option, but an option none the less.
Discussions of young marriage and gender altering surgery have nothing to do with one another. They are two different subjects.

Discussions of young marriage and gender altering surgery have nothing to do with one another. They are two different subjects.

Has a lot to do with the ability of young teens to make decisions about their body.

Almost universally, young children are not having surgeries but are getting puberty blockers and hormone therapy

Which does irreparable harm to the body chemistry and alters the mind during the developmental years. The doctors and people who are pushing this need a good beating. You feed these kids dangerous drugs that aren't natural to the body and then you wonder why they come back and shoot up schools.

And on the other hand, a transexual having undergone puberty will have a much less successful transition

That is why these decisions need to be made by the parents, the child, medical and psychological professionals

NOT GOP Lawmakers who despise Transexuals
These decisions need to be made by the transitioned, as an adult. Children not only do NOT have a successful transition, they are most likely to detransition with destroyed bodies.

Bad marriages can be reversed. Monstrous mutilations cannot. Back to the drawing board for you.

I've been about as far right as a man can get for 45 years, and I have never known a single, like-minded conservative the promoted or agreed with child marriage (like your Muslim friends do). I'm certainly opposed to it.

Pedophilia also being democrat, this two-party game to keep the media prisoners entertained-distracted and reactive can be lastingly perpetuated. It's how the media controls the masses of marionettes. Mental illness inside the media rely on pathologies introduced at the legislative level which may affect each media-viewing prisoner at the State level.

The theologian is not far away: mutilation confirms the betrayal in three real-time dimensions, a variation on islamic clitorectomies. GOP is always shaking hands across the aisle with the democrats of nazism.

Forum List

Back