GOP Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) Claims House GOP Will ‘Prosecute’ Fauci Once In Power

View attachment 516135

“We want to prosecute this guy to the full ability of the law,” the North Carolina congressman told a right-wing website.

Republican Rep. Madison Cawthorn, the 25-year-old Donald Trump superfan from North Carolina, has made the bizarre claim that Dr. Anthony Fauci might be in legal jeopardy if Cawthorn’s party retakes control of the House in next year’s midterm elections.

The first-term congressman told a right-wing fringe website Wednesday that Fauci, the nation’s topmost expert in infectious disease, could be “prosecuted” by a Republican-controlled House ― limits of congressional power be damned, apparently.

“We want to prosecute this guy to the full ability of the law,” Cawthorn told the site Real America’s Voice, claiming that Fauci has told unspecified lies for “fame and fortune.”

The House of Representatives does not enforce laws, and while it has investigative power and the power to impeach, Fauci himself cannot be impeached.

Although available information about the virus has changed over time, Fauci has persistently encouraged Americans to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Cawthorn, meanwhile, has used his platform to warn Americans against efforts to make coronavirus vaccines easily accessible. At the Conservative Political Action Conference earlier this month, he claimed such efforts could lead to authorities going “door-to-door” to “take your guns” and “take your Bibles.”

GOP Rep. Cawthorn Claims House GOP Will ‘Prosecute’ Fauci Once In Power

Cawthorn sounds seriously deranged. What do you think?

The New Nazi Germany. Cawthorne should be arrested and tried for making threats. Democrats should remind voters of this in 2022.

No, should I?
Well, if you did, I kinda doubt you’d have challenged my statement about him being under qualified.

His work experience is fast food and a part time staffer for Meadows.

He dropped out of college after a semester of Ds.

He has a tenuous grasp on facts about his own life.

No, he "restricted" travel from China....only for Chinese nationals. Not the other 40K Americans who flocked back in a panic and brought the virus with them...all while there was nothing in the way of testing, quaranting, or even basic safety measures
like a two week do not fly and quarantine order while we got our act together here. I saw long lines at blue state airports and I could count the number of people wearing masks on both hands. :)

On January 22nd, just before he boarded a plane in Davos to fly home, he said "It's just one person coming from China. We have it under control"....whoops.
The thing that really matters is you loons called him a racist for doing it.

Well, if you did, I kinda doubt you’d have challenged my statement about him being under qualified.

Ok, and I should care why?

I said he was a back bencher freshman, did I not? How was that challenging your anything…?

What I said was that liberals would be dishonest, and paint his view on the rest of us, which would be a lie.

He's a twerp and not very bright.

Ok, and I should care why?

I said he was a back bencher freshman, did I not? How was that challenging your anything…?

What I said was that liberals would be dishonest, and paint his view on the rest of us, which would be a lie.
Like I said. Hard to imagine anyone as woefully out of his league than little Madison.

Republicans should reconsider what they look for in their representatives.

Like I said. Hard to imagine anyone as woefully out of his league than little Madison.

Republicans should reconsider what they look for in their representatives.

Maybe he was elected out of sympathy.. He makes no sense at all.

Somebody has to hold that little peckerhead accountable for the pandemic he helped cause and the people he helped kill.

The first-term congressman told a right-wing fringe website Wednesday that Fauci, the nation’s topmost expert in infectious disease, could be “prosecuted” by a Republican-controlled House ― limits of congressional power be damned, apparently.
Such is the authoritarian right: use the power of the state to silence dissent and oppose facts and the truth that conflict with conservative dogma.

Forum List

Back