GOP Rep: Blacks Worse Off Now Than Under Slavery

YouTube - Representative Trent Franks
….Putting aside whether it’s appropriate to define slavery as a “policy,” Franks is correct, according to a Guttmacher Institute study on the rate of abortions in the African-American community, but the same report found that the higher rate was directly related to lack of access to contraceptives.

One hundred percent of African Americans born into slavery, however, were born into slavery
Read more GOP Rep: Blacks Worse Off Now Than Under Slavery (VIDEO)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8uaphNOjNY]YouTube - Billie Holiday Strange Fruit - Metaphor of Terror[/ame]

Caltwit is showing off her silliness again. She is not a Republican but wants to tell Republicans what they are and what they believe. She is poorly educated, but does write legibly some of the time but with poor logic most of the time. She misuses words but gives many here a good chuckle. If you need a good laugh, take the time to find a post of hers in a spare moment.

The majority of us seem to show an element of silliness here and there. Some more often than others. Your silliness is far superior to most here Mr. Starkey. Your posts nearly always give me a good belly laugh and I have not quite figured out if it is intentional on your part or not.

Either way, here's to you Mr. Starkey!

:beer:

You act like they aren't slaves to government now. What's the point of freedom if you refuse to accept it but would rather change masters? How is recieving food and shelter from the politicians in exchange for votes any different than recieving food shelter from someone who has purchased you?

I really wish the Black community would shake off the cultural of slavery they have been under in the last 40 years and stop letting politicians determine their future.

I figured I wouldn't have to read far into this thread before I'd find someone endorsing the views of the imbecile in the OP.

My sarcasm clearly revealed your nonsense. Don't like it? Go cry elsewhere.

Sarcasm? Crying? lol

Seriously, what is nonsense? You didnt at any point address anything in my comparisan. You didnt even form a coherant sentence, let alone arguments, sarcastic or otherwise.

Jokeyboy doesn't debate, he drops by to impart his 'wisdom' and then runs away like a cry-baby liberal.

I happen to agree with the Bass that blacks suffer more at the hands of liberals than conservatives. They are encouraged to feel alienated from 'white society' instead of being encouraged to work hard. Liberal policies have done huge damage to black communities.

I'm sure slaves were 'encouraged' to work hard too.

You act like they aren't slaves to government now. What's the point of freedom if you refuse to accept it but would rather change masters? How is recieving food and shelter from the politicians in exchange for votes any different than recieving food shelter from someone who has purchased you?

I really wish the Black community would shake off the cultural of slavery they have been under in the last 40 years and stop letting politicians determine their future.

Blacks are slaves to government? You do understand that government assistance is means tested and the largest ethnic group receiving government assistance is white don't you? So since not all blacks are poor nor all whites is it the ethnicity that makes you a slave or simply the act of taking assistance? This of course begs the question of whether taking assistance enslaves us: I used Pell grants for my undergraduate degree and my Masters was fully funded by government grants. Am I a slave?

Blacks are slaves to government? You do understand that government assistance is means tested and the largest ethnic group receiving government assistance is white don't you? So since not all blacks are poor nor all whites is it the ethnicity that makes you a slave or simply the act of taking assistance? This of course begs the question of whether taking assistance enslaves us: I used Pell grants for my undergraduate degree and my Masters was fully funded by government grants. Am I a slave?

percentage comparisons are what they go by. Many believe that Dems have convinced black voters that the other side is racist and attempt to get blacks to believe they need coddled by the Dems to have their voices represented.

Race
--------------
White 38.8%
Black 37.2
Hispanic 17.8
Asian 2.8
Other 3.4

True more whites recieve welfare assistance, but blacks are very close in numbers and considering their representation as far as population percentage being only around 13%, this considered by many to be very high. Taking pell grants to get yourself through college is in no way a form of slavery in my eyes. These days college costs are fucking insane. I applaud you going to college and would gladly have my tax money diverted from welfare to more pell grants.

I believe after 4 years on welfare, if the mother has not taken control of her life to support her children on her own or with a significant other or family member she should be re evaluated and probably taken off the roles of welfare. I know it sounds cold but I see it as no pain, no gain. If welfare was not a hard enough life for her to do something about her inability to care for her children, maybe life without it is what she needs.

percentage comparisons are what they go by. Many believe that Dems have convinced black voters that the other side is racist and attempt to get blacks to believe they need coddled by the Dems to have their voices represented.

Race
--------------
White 38.8%
Black 37.2
Hispanic 17.8
Asian 2.8
Other 3.4

True more whites recieve welfare assistance, but blacks are very close in numbers and considering their representation as far as population percentage being only around 13%, this considered by many to be very high. Taking pell grants to get yourself through college is in no way a form of slavery in my eyes. These days college costs are fucking insane. I applaud you going to college and would gladly have my tax money diverted from welfare to more pell grants.

I believe after 4 years on welfare, if the mother has not taken control of her life to support her children on her own or with a significant other or family member she should be re evaluated and probably taken off the roles of welfare. I know it sounds cold but I see it as no pain, no gain. If welfare was not a hard enough life for her to do something about her inability to care for her children, maybe life without it is what she needs.

I would disagree with that last statement. It took me 8 years before I finished my degrees and become a productive (middle class) member of society and I had no children and a strong (pro success) family support system. Do you think a single women with children and a questionable support system will accomplish this in less time? Not likely. So what was the purpose of giving aid in the first place and what was accomplished? If the purpose is benevolence and the desired accomplishment nothing then no aid should be given in the first place. We can accomplish the same by just setting up soup kitchens and beds for the night and it would be cheaper too.

If they can't get a 2 year degree in 4 years that's their own fault. We should not be in the business of putting someone that made the choice to have children through school to get a master's degree. just educate them to be productive and able to be in control of their own life and make their own choices thereafter. If continued education is what they seek, help them along but they can do so while working. Earn your keep and you appreciate it more.

No idea where you get the notion that welfare moms should be treated better above and beyond my own treatment because I grabbed my workboots at a young age and became responsible. Fuck that! You can pay for it.

My sarcasm clearly revealed your nonsense. Don't like it? Go cry elsewhere.

Sarcasm? Crying? lol

Seriously, what is nonsense? You didnt at any point address anything in my comparisan. You didnt even form a coherant sentence, let alone arguments, sarcastic or otherwise.

Liberal policies have done huge damage to black communities.

Exactly, I just created a thread which provides some credible evidence to support this. http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...lping-the-poor-or-shaping-the-electorate.html

CalGal is upset because I revealed her idiocy in two of her posts yesterday. She is a twit and will leave it at that. Avatar, you made a stupid allegation without any real support so I revealed what it was with a spoof of what you did.

CalGal, you are not a Republican, not a conservative, but a reactionary. Don't pretend to be anything other than a far right wing loon. Get over yourself.

You're like a totally awesome far left kook pretending to be a centrist republican, sooper ! ....:cuckoo:

You are pretending as if you got a clue about anything. :lol:

clown-shoes-red-yellow500.jpg

I'm not a slave to any damn body. I don't recieve government aid or food and shelter from the government. I've got a US gov't but it's honest pay. Guess I'm supposed to feel proud and some sort of achievement because I'm not living off welfare "like the rest of them ignorant black folks".

As conservative as I may or may not be one thing I'd never call myself is a "black conservative", they're all a bunch of pumpous christian rightists who hate other blacks because they've bought into the "their all lazy welfare queens" bullshit. We have an overreaching federal government that both Republicans and Democrats have had a hand in creating. A criminal justice system that is out of control itself, and a prison system that THRIVES off of locking up poor, black, and latino males. The majority of the urban communities problems can be tied right back to prohibition and the war on drugs a policy faught for by neo-cons and kept in place by democrats. The GOP is no saviour of the black community, neither are the Democrats.

Alex Jones, as much as I hate referencing him for things made a pretty good documentary about it I hear just recently. Forget what it's called.

….Putting aside whether it’s appropriate to define slavery as a “policy,” Franks is correct, according to a Guttmacher Institute study on the rate of abortions in the African-American community, but the same report found that the higher rate was directly related to lack of access to contraceptives.
One hundred percent of African Americans born into slavery, however, were born into slavery

Who in the hell has trouble getting contraceptives in this day and age? The higher percentage of black people getting abortions astounds me because the majority of blacks I know are against abortion.

It's far more of a split within the community, than it was just a decade ago. The so-called "black community" at large is a far more religious community then most in the United States. So it's really a situation where our religious leaders and more religious individuals are generally against abortion, but the masses of the inner cities and the younger generation which are less religious generally are pro-choice.

I know alot of black women (mostly young) who claim to be pro-life but have had abortions, actually I know alot of women period that have had abortions and a pro-life, also. You've also have to take into account that in urban areas there is alot less access to health care. A pregnant 15 year old girl in inner city DC is far more likely to experience problems during pregnancy then a 15 year old girl in the suburbs Northern Virginia, as well. That's for various reasons, urban areas aren't the healthiest places to live. So a 15 year old girl experiencing a problem during the pregnancy in the inner city is more likely just to terminate the pregnancy, then to risk serious complications.

YouTube - Representative Trent Franks

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8uaphNOjNY]YouTube - Billie Holiday Strange Fruit - Metaphor of Terror[/ame]

Receiving welfare and being terrorized and lynched are pretty much the same thing, dontcha know...

I figured I wouldn't have to read far into this thread before I'd find someone endorsing the views of the imbecile in the OP.

Slavery with different masters is still slavery.

I long for the day when all people will throw off the chains of bondage and stand on their own two feet. I always have.

I'm not a slave to any damn body. I don't recieve government aid or food and shelter from the government. I've got a US gov't but it's honest pay. Guess I'm supposed to feel proud and some sort of achievement because I'm not living off welfare "like the rest of them ignorant black folks".

I'm glad to hear that. It's becoming rarer to find a man or woman of any race who hasnt made themselves a slave to the politicians.

As conservative as I may or may not be one thing I'd never call myself is a "black conservative", they're all a bunch of pumpous christian rightists who hate other blacks because they've bought into the "their all lazy welfare queens" bullshit. We have an overreaching federal government that both Republicans and Democrats have had a hand in creating. A criminal justice system that is out of control itself, and a prison system that THRIVES off of locking up poor, black, and latino males. The majority of the urban communities problems can be tied right back to prohibition and the war on drugs a policy faught for by neo-cons and kept in place by democrats. The GOP is no saviour of the black community, neither are the Democrats.

I see no reason why a black conservative should be any different than any other conservative. It's the idealogy and the merits of the ideas that should guide us. Not skin color.

I would never suggest that the GOP is the Savior of the black community. I would however, one day hope that they stand up, along with everyone else and throw off the shackles every seems to intent to ignore and make something of their life like you apparently have.

I just think it's stupid to pretend that the politicians in this country havent been doing everything they can to keep people down by making them dependent on them. They want to be reelected, so they create populations dependent on money hey give out to ensure that they can scare them into voting for them more often.

How is i any less slavery?

Forum List

Back