GOP rejects comparisons to Reagan’s late-term SCOTUS nominee

These people simply refuse to govern. Time to send the lot of them packing, again...

“It doesn’t really matter what they’ve done, what Reagan did back in ‘87. It was in ‘87 when he nominated him, so obviously it was still earlier in the year. If this was November, October or September of last year where the president had more than a year left in office, then perhaps this would be a different discussion,” Rubio said."
GOP rejects comparisons to Reagan's late-term SCOTUS nominee

"On Feb. 3, 1988, McConnell and literally every other GOP senator voted to confirm Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy. This was during President Ronald Reagan's last year in the White House, and at a time when Democrats controlled the Senate. Kennedy was confirmed 97-0, with three Democrats -- Joe Biden, Al Gore and Paul Simon -- not voting at all because, presumably, they were busy running for president that year."
Mitch McConnell Voted To Confirm A Supreme Court Justice In Reagan's Final Year

The timing changes nothing. Obama still has just shy of a year in office, boys.
No hurry, wait for the next president to select their corrupt SCJ... Barry is damaged goods...
There is a great deal of hurry actually, and no rational reason in hell why we should wait to have a full court again, as a soon as possible. If anything, the process should be sped up, not slowed down.

What business is currently before the court that if not ruled on in short order would cause such great harm?
Harm? How about the fucking waste of time and money when they have all the time they need to do their fucking job as Senators and fill a vacancy on the highest fucking court in the land. In a Constitutional crisis we're going to chance a deadlocked 4-4 court? Bullshit, kids, pure and total. The Senate gets paid to do this kind of thing. Enough, do your fucking jobs or you won't have them for much longer. I'm already burning up their email with that message, and I doubt I'm alone.

Obama should be allowed to nominate someone. Let it run it's course, and remember that you have to convince 60 people to vote for confirmation. At least that way you can say you allowed it to happen, but it was believed that the person nominated wasn't worthy of the position.

My one question is, how would this have played out had this happened during the last year of President Bush's term, and the judge had been liberal leaning...

Dems poisoned the water with their Bork and then Clarence Thomas antics
Both bad but one was confirmed, as have several since then. As Justice Scalia would have said, Get Over It!

You invented Borking, now you have to live with it. As they say payback is a barack

Bork was voted down with Senators stating why they objected to his appointment

Why won't Republicans give a prospective judge the same courtesy?

Barry is damaged goods, we need to move on.
Barry is the POTUS. Following the Constitution means he and the Senate fill this open seat, this year.

Show where in the Constitution it states that the Senate has to do it this year. You can't, it doesn't, you are a retard.
Why would this year be any different than say, last year? Oh right, it isn't. Tell us, was the Original Intent for the Senate to not do its job?

Do you think Scalia would be pleased about the Senate ignoring the Constitution?

Deflection noted, you were lying out of your ass as usual.

Next president will select the new justice.
As it should be...

lol, I would bet a thousand dollars you wouldn't say that if this were the last year of a GOP president with a GOP majority in the Senate.
The Supreme Court has been in the pocket of career politicians and their puppet masters for decades...
Having a guy heading out the door picking someone makes no sense, a fuck up like Barry just needs to leave and not let the door hit him in the ass.

When does 'heading out the door' start for a President? Give us the date.

As it should be...

lol, I would bet a thousand dollars you wouldn't say that if this were the last year of a GOP president with a GOP majority in the Senate.
The Supreme Court has been in the pocket of career politicians and their puppet masters for decades...
Having a guy heading out the door picking someone makes no sense, a fuck up like Barry just needs to leave and not let the door hit him in the ass.

Lame duck

The next president needs to pick this guy...

3a4bb33697cc5b876b50240136ca5dba.jpg

Barry is the POTUS. Following the Constitution means he and the Senate fill this open seat, this year.

Show where in the Constitution it states that the Senate has to do it this year. You can't, it doesn't, you are a retard.
Why would this year be any different than say, last year? Oh right, it isn't. Tell us, was the Original Intent for the Senate to not do its job?

Do you think Scalia would be pleased about the Senate ignoring the Constitution?

That's not deflection. Scalia didn't sit on the bench for 30 years because he believe, like the GOP, that it's okay to ignore the Constitution.

And you can't tell us why this year is any different, which is isn't. It's the job of the sitting POTUS to name SC nominees, period. That's what's in the goddamned Constitution the Senate is ignoring.

Well, now that we know Scalia had been 'heading out the door' for the last year,

shouldn't we go back and nullify all his votes for that year?

As it should be...

I'm guessing the idiot Rustic can't give us that date. Any bets?

That's not deflection. Scalia didn't sit on the bench for 30 years because he believe, like the GOP, that it's okay to ignore the Constitution.

And you can't tell us why this year is any different, which is isn't. It's the job of the sitting POTUS to name SC nominees, period. That's what's in the goddamned Constitution the Senate is ignoring.

Stop deflecting and show where it says in the constitution that the Senate has to do it this year as YOU claimed. If you can't, and you know you can't, then you are just full of shit.

Stop deflecting and show where it says in the constitution that the Senate has to do it this year as YOU claimed.
I never claimed that, dumbfuck.

And tell us what makes this year any different from last year, or the year before, or the one before that? Oh right, nothing since Obama is still the goddamned President and the President, by the Constitution Scalia defended, picks.

Well, now that we know Scalia had been 'heading out the door' for the last year,

shouldn't we go back and nullify all his votes for that year?
3a4bb33697cc5b876b50240136ca5dba.jpg

Nice meltdown I've induced. lol, you people are so weak.
A lame duck is a lame duck... Yesterday's news.
Nice try

When does a president lose the authority to nominate judges? Give us the date.
Must have been the day he was sworn in for his Second Term, since he was a Lame Duck and couldn't be elected again. I guess only Presidents in their First Term can nominate judges from now on, and only in their first three years...

Forum List

Back