GOP rejects comparisons to Reagan’s late-term SCOTUS nominee

These people simply refuse to govern. Time to send the lot of them packing, again...

You so miss the point.The Republican Senate IS governing and they are doing their job. People who voted in the Republican Senate did so for THIS very reason. They want to stop or slow down Obama and his Liberal agenda. Now those votes will be seriously put to the test. This is why there's 3 branches to the Government.
This is not stopping an agenda, this is refusing to do your fucking job as written in the fucking Constitution. Fucking clear enough for you?

As someone who votes Republican they are doing exactly what I want them to do. They've broken NO laws. Fucking clear enough for you?
Your support for a do-nothing Senate avoiding their Constitutional Duties is noted. Sorry, Justice Scalia, they'd rather piss on the thing you defended for 30 years than obey it...

Hyperbole much? Mitch McConnell is doing what his constituents would want him to do. You do realize the other half of the country has an opposing opinion. It works both ways. Stop crying and get over it.

These people simply refuse to govern. Time to send the lot of them packing, again...

You so miss the point.The Republican Senate IS governing and they are doing their job. People who voted in the Republican Senate did so for THIS very reason. They want to stop or slow down Obama and his Liberal agenda. Now those votes will be seriously put to the test. This is why there's 3 branches to the Government.
This is not stopping an agenda, this is refusing to do your fucking job as written in the fucking Constitution. Fucking clear enough for you?

As someone who votes Republican they are doing exactly what I want them to do. They've broken NO laws. Fucking clear enough for you?
Your support for a do-nothing Senate avoiding their Constitutional Duties is noted. Sorry, Justice Scalia, they'd rather piss on the thing you defended for 30 years than obey it...

Hyperbole much? Mitch McConnell is doing what his constituents would want him to do. You do realize the other half of the country has an opposing opinion. It works both ways. Stop crying and get over it.
I'm not crying. I'm burning up their email telling them to do their fucking jobs. They may think there won't be hell to pay and they're wrong just like you are when the majority wants a new Justice appointed and the GOP won't allow it.

Stop deflecting and show where it says in the constitution that the Senate has to do it this year as YOU claimed.
I never claimed that, dumbfuck.

And tell us what makes this year any different from last year, or the year before, or the one before that? Oh right, nothing since Obama is still the goddamned President and the President, by the Constitution Scalia defended, picks.

READ the fucking discussion idiot.
Either prove it or STFU and get out of my thread.

That's right, I forgot. You can't read. Here's some help:

Direct quote from you:
"Barry is the POTUS. Following the Constitution means he and the Senate fill this open seat, this year."

Stop deflecting and show where it says in the constitution that the Senate has to do it this year as YOU claimed.

And tell us what makes this year any different from last year, or the year before, or the one before that? Oh right, nothing since Obama is still the goddamned President and the President, by the Constitution Scalia defended, picks.

Direct quote from you:
"Barry is the POTUS. Following the Constitution means he and the Senate fill this open seat, this year."

Now retard, show me in the Constitution where it says that they have to do it this year.

Direct quote from you:

Now retard, show me in the Constitution where it says that they have to do it this year.
It doesn't. It's says give Advice and Consent. A year is plenty of time for that eh? Happy now?

I'm not crying. I'm burning up their email telling them to do their fucking jobs. They may think there won't be hell to pay and they're wrong just like you are when the majority wants a new Justice appointed and the GOP won't allow it.

They are doing their jobs. You just want what you want and don't want anyone to oppose you. That's just not how life works, especially in politics. You sound like a fucking child whining like this and demanding the GOP do what YOU want even though you didn't even vote for them. Do you know how ridiculous you sound?

They are doing their jobs. You just want what you want and don't want anyone to oppose you. That's just not how life works, especially in politics. You sound like a fucking child whining like this and demanding the GOP do what YOU want even though you didn't even vote for them. Do you know how ridiculous you sound?
No, their job is to hold hearings and take a vote, both of which they are, so far, refusing to do. How about obeying the fucking Constitution, Scalia would like that.

And just because I didn't vote for someone my tax-dollars pay for doesn't mean I can't complain when they don't do what they are fucking paid to do, mandated by the Constitution no less.

“It doesn’t really matter what they’ve done, what Reagan did back in ‘87. It was in ‘87 when he nominated him, so obviously it was still earlier in the year. If this was November, October or September of last year where the president had more than a year left in office, then perhaps this would be a different discussion,” Rubio said."
GOP rejects comparisons to Reagan's late-term SCOTUS nominee

"On Feb. 3, 1988, McConnell and literally every other GOP senator voted to confirm Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy. This was during President Ronald Reagan's last year in the White House, and at a time when Democrats controlled the Senate. Kennedy was confirmed 97-0, with three Democrats -- Joe Biden, Al Gore and Paul Simon -- not voting at all because, presumably, they were busy running for president that year."
Mitch McConnell Voted To Confirm A Supreme Court Justice In Reagan's Final Year

The timing changes nothing. Obama still has just shy of a year in office, boys.
No hurry, wait for the next president to select their corrupt SCJ... Barry is damaged goods...
There is a great deal of hurry actually, and no rational reason in hell why we should wait to have a full court again, as a soon as possible. If anything, the process should be sped up, not slowed down.

What business is currently before the court that if not ruled on in short order would cause such great harm?
Harm? How about the fucking waste of time and money when they have all the time they need to do their fucking job as Senators and fill a vacancy on the highest fucking court in the land. In a Constitutional crisis we're going to chance a deadlocked 4-4 court? Bullshit, kids, pure and total. The Senate gets paid to do this kind of thing. Enough, do your fucking jobs or you won't have them for much longer. I'm already burning up their email with that message, and I doubt I'm alone.

I'm sorry, has a nominee been put forward of which I am unaware? Jesus... the man's been dead barely a day and you are carrying on like the court should be in full force.

You lefties are like a bunch of startled squirrels like 24/7. :)

“It doesn’t really matter what they’ve done, what Reagan did back in ‘87. It was in ‘87 when he nominated him, so obviously it was still earlier in the year. If this was November, October or September of last year where the president had more than a year left in office, then perhaps this would be a different discussion,” Rubio said."
GOP rejects comparisons to Reagan's late-term SCOTUS nominee

"On Feb. 3, 1988, McConnell and literally every other GOP senator voted to confirm Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy. This was during President Ronald Reagan's last year in the White House, and at a time when Democrats controlled the Senate. Kennedy was confirmed 97-0, with three Democrats -- Joe Biden, Al Gore and Paul Simon -- not voting at all because, presumably, they were busy running for president that year."
Mitch McConnell Voted To Confirm A Supreme Court Justice In Reagan's Final Year

The timing changes nothing. Obama still has just shy of a year in office, boys.
No hurry, wait for the next president to select their corrupt SCJ... Barry is damaged goods...
There is a great deal of hurry actually, and no rational reason in hell why we should wait to have a full court again, as a soon as possible. If anything, the process should be sped up, not slowed down.

What business is currently before the court that if not ruled on in short order would cause such great harm?
Harm? How about the fucking waste of time and money when they have all the time they need to do their fucking job as Senators and fill a vacancy on the highest fucking court in the land. In a Constitutional crisis we're going to chance a deadlocked 4-4 court? Bullshit, kids, pure and total. The Senate gets paid to do this kind of thing. Enough, do your fucking jobs or you won't have them for much longer. I'm already burning up their email with that message, and I doubt I'm alone.

I'm sorry, has a nominee been put forward of which I am unaware? Jesus... the man's been dead barely a day and you are carrying on like the court should be in full force.

We wasn't dead an a hour when the GOP Senate said they wouldn't do their jobs, bitch...

We wasn't dead an a hour when the GOP Senate said they wouldn't do their jobs, bitch...

Nobody said "we're not going to do our job".

Calm the fuck down already.

Maybe Barry Kardashian can appoint some leftwing loon and the GOP can deliver a solid "Borking"?

The less regulations and laws the better, more laws and regulations = less freedoms...

Direct quote from you:

It doesn't. It's says give Advice and Consent. A year is plenty of time for that eh? Happy now?

Sure. I'm sure they could get it done. But they shouldn't. Obama needs to be denied this last opportunity to really fuck this country up.

Direct quote from you:

Sure. I'm sure they could get it done. But they shouldn't. Obama needs to be denied this last opportunity to really fuck this country up.
Barry is a fuck nut, he doesn't deserve any more picks...

When a critical person dies in office, his vacancy is filled. There should be a recess appointment ASAP, and new nominee named almost as quickly.

i don't think he'll do a recess appointment even if he could. it is better to have the discussion for the next 10 months be obstructionist loons on the right, imo.
Better politics, not better for the court.

well, no. the justices have to have a certain level of legitimacy that comes from being vetted. that is better for the court as an institution. if the GOP doesn't want to do it's job, then it will eventually get done. if not by a republican senate and democratic president, then by a democratic senate and president.

let them push their luck. i think it's disgusting and unprecedented but that hasn't stopped these people for the last seven years.
Tissue??

i'm not the butthurt loon defending the senate not doing their job.

forgive me for not hating this country and it's court like you rightwingnut loons.

Really now??? Completely detached and neutral patriot are you?

Well then -- Tell me what YOU LOVED about the now dead Scalia -- and why we should honor his contribution with someone else who loved the Constitution like he did. Don't strain yourself -- about 25 nice words would do.

Barry is damaged goods, we need to move on.
Barry is the POTUS. Following the Constitution means he and the Senate fill this open seat, this year.

Show where in the Constitution it states that the Senate has to do it this year. You can't, it doesn't, you are a retard.
Why would this year be any different than say, last year? Oh right, it isn't. Tell us, was the Original Intent for the Senate to not do its job?

Do you think Scalia would be pleased about the Senate ignoring the Constitution?

Deflection noted, you were lying out of your ass as usual.
That's not deflection. Scalia didn't sit on the bench for 30 years because he believe, like the GOP, that it's okay to ignore the Constitution.

And you can't tell us why this year is any different, which is isn't. It's the job of the sitting POTUS to name SC nominees, period. That's what's in the goddamned Constitution the Senate is ignoring.

No, the Senate gives advise and consent on the matter. Calm down. You'll get your justice next year.

Forum List

Back