GOP Obstructionism Party at it again.

NYT...Despite the plea, Republicans would rather see America go down the toilet than allow Obama and the Democrats to receive credit for any accomplishment, no matter how big or small.

I would dare say...The GOP is coming close to the party of treason and unreason. The GOP cares more a bout power than doing what is right by and for the American people.

Obstructionism at every move helps hurt Americans who only ask the partie to back a government plan that works...that functions.

STOP GOP Obstructionism Now!

Naa. The Dems are doing a bang up job of flushing America down the toilet all on their own. Jeeze.

Claudette's brilliant defense of the GOP's reactionary politics of obstructionism is....'The Democrats (in her opinion) are doing it too...why can't we?' :rofl:

gawd, The Right Wing Lunacy @ USMB, gets crazier by the day. Give Obama and the Dems a few more years in office and the GOP cons will all be on meds. :lol:

What a bunch of bs.

The Dems didn't want the Reps involved in anything.

The Dems were in those backrooms making deals with their own party members just to get them on board. They didn't care what the taxpayers thought. They know whats good for us. BS plus.

The Dems also had a supermajority goin on and didn't have to play nice with the Reps at all and made no effort to either. They still have the numbers to get stuff done. Don't really need the Reps on that one either.

So, the question is, why do they want to be bipartisan now??? Its called trying to CYA. I doubt seriously that they are serious about bipartisanship at all except as political cover. Just so they can say , "Gee. Look. We're working with the Reps now".

BS plain and simple.

Last edited:
Then move somewhere where there is no government.

This country has a government and will continue to have a government.

Go buy an island and live without any.

Is this a Mandate from on high?

What's with the Fascist tone Truth?

Your way or the Highway?

We are free to agree but not disagree?

Do you now make new rules every hand after you deal and look at all the cards?

It's not your sand box. :lol::lol::lol:
Fascist tone?

Bush/Cheney and Delay ring a bell?

gawd, a Randian Nitwit. What's next...some Objectivist Dogma? So unfascist. :lol:

Maybe You can post a link to Cheney instructing You to relocate, shut up, or live under His Decree?

Ronald Reagan was a useful idiot in more than name only.

Reagan who broke just about every pledge he ever made to make government smaller...Ronald Reagan, the man who small government types keep naming Big Government Projects after...Ronald Reagan, the man who started the, government is bad trend ....that has proven that it is bad government which is bad, especially when small government types run things....
Glad to see the Republicans are doing something right for a change, this is why GOP candidates will be getting my vote come November for the first time in over 20 years, they become useful idiots.

"Government isn't the solution to our problem, Government IS the problem" -- Ronald Reagan
Ronald Reagan proved any government run by him...at the state or national level, was bad.

You've obviously mistaken me for somebody that values the opinions of progressive, hyper-partisan drones....... :rolleyes:

Naa. The Dems are doing a bang up job of flushing America down the toilet all on their own. Jeeze.

Claudette's brilliant defense of the GOP's reactionary politics of obstructionism is....'The Democrats (in her opinion) are doing it too...why can't we?' :rofl:

gawd, The Right Wing Lunacy @ USMB, gets crazier by the day. Give Obama and the Dems a few more years in office and the GOP cons will all be on meds. :lol:

What a bundh of bs.

The Dems didn't want the Reps involved in anything.

The Dems were in those backrooms making deals with their own party members just to get them on board. They didn't care what the taxpayers thought. They know whats good for us. BS plus.

The Dems also had a supermajority goin on and didn't have to play nice with the Reps at all. They still have the numbers to get stuff done. Don't really need the Reps on that one either.

So, the question is, why do they want to be bipartisan now??? Its called trying to CYA. I doubt seriously that they are serious about bipartisanship at all except as political cover. Just so they can say , "Gee. Look. We're working with the Reps now".

BS plain and simple.

So They can perpetuate the lie that there is no difference between Parties when it comes to corruption. There is nothing You can do about direction, so get the best deal You can, in selling Your Soul.

The Democrats had veto power over Republican bills. They "had" a filibuster proof Senate and didn't take advantage of it to pass ObamaCare? Why? How could Republicans have stopped them? When you ask to be exempt from the provisions of the Bill (i.e. Unions exempt from paying 40% tax on insurance), then it's safe to say that the Bill sucks for everyone stuck with it. The only way you could muster the votes is to exempt certain Senator's States from its provisions.

You mean they vote for something before they vote against it? Why does that sound familiar?

-TSO
So let me get this straight...something you criticze is okay when you do it? uhm...there's a word for that...

conservatism.

So John Kerry was a Conservative? I find that hard to believe.

-TSO

It's true, Kerry was a conservative right before he became a far left, progressive nut case.

Waffles anyone? :D

As opposed to the Progressive Totalitarian movement? Bend over and grab Your ankles politics. What ever You do, don't read the Bill's, before signing them. LOL!!!

Here is where you go off the reservation. You wallow in ignorance denial in order to mask the fact that the progressives and leftist fringe are often harsher and and more virulent then cons when it comes to criticizing principled liberals (are there any other kinds?), and the Democratic party.

btw, Ayn Rand ran her org like the fascists she supposwdly feared. Must habe been the residual effects of being raised as she was.

They even vote against bills that they cosponsor
In the Whacko World of neoconservatism and Hysteria Fed TeaBagging Parties, bipartisan means being able to talk out of both sides of ones mouth on the same issue.

geesh

Thanks for the negative rep. I guess the truth hurts more than what you're willing to show in the thread.

:(

-TSO

I continue to find it funny how liberals blame the GOP for being obstructionists when, up until last week, they had no possible way of obstructing anything.

If you're so unhappy that such bills like Obamacare didn't pass, you should direct your anger at people like Ben Nelson who required a bribe for his vote which held things up a bit.

I continue to find it funny how liberals blame the GOP for being obstructionists when, up until last week, they had no possible way of obstructing anything.
I continue to find it funny that progressives think that being an obstructionist is a BAD thing.

There is a reason why the political process is a slow one. It is slow to prevent whole sale changes done every four years or whenever party control of Congress changes. It's the same thing when the power switches hands. The majority blame the minority for holding them back, and the minority whines that the majority won't listen to them. Maybe if one party had the balls to actually listen when they were in control, the other party would return the favor the next time power changed hands.

-TSO

Glad to see the Republicans are doing something right for a change, this is why GOP candidates will be getting my vote come November for the first time in over 20 years, they become useful idiots.

"Government isn't the solution to our problem, Government IS the problem" -- Ronald Reagan

"The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ..." -- P.J. O'Rourke :lol:

Lemme see, Dems blew a $1.6 Trillion hole in the budget, you need to combine 2 of Reagan entire budgets not his deficits to match that number and Dems have 8.4 million unemployed.

What about any of that should Republicans have gone along with?

More whiny Bull Chit from a Party who blew a Super Majority. Most common sense thinking Americans just aren't buying this B.S. The Democrats have been a miserable failure. It's impossible to blame the Republican Party when the Dems had a Super Majority. They had the power to do anything they wanted to. They blew it. It really is that simple in the end. Time for em all to hit the road. Lets hope this happens in coming elections. Worst U.S. Congress in history? You bet.

"The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ..." -- P.J. O'Rourke :lol:

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

-TSO

Perhaps all you that call the Republicans obstructionist should actually read the bills that they are voting against instead of complaining about their vote based on the title of the bill.

A good example to read would be the current "Jobs" bill. It has many attachments...and some earmarks that have nothing to do with creation of jobs.

If the Republicans are obstructing Obama's march to Marxism, kudos to the Republicans. Obama is the traitor, not the Republicans.

http://wsbradio.com/blogs/jamie_dupree/2010/02/jobs-bill-details.html
With the latest winter storm hitting the Washington, D.C. area leaving me snowbound again, I will have some time to dig into the details of the jobs bill being floated by Democrats in the Senate. And so here is a taste of what's in there for you.
This is just the table of contents - but it goes on for about five pages.
Leave a comment when you get done reading through this. Is this a jobs bill or a Legislative Christmas Tree?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back