GOP: Millions For The Wealthy But We Can't Afford To Award $250 Social Security COLA

If I get to keep more of the $$ I earn how is that the government giving me $$?
The $250 is BORROWING AND TAKING $$ from middle class workers that are hurting and giving it to wealthy seniors that do not need it.
you do understand that not all seniors are wealthy, right?

But some of them are. Why would anyone want to take money from middle class families and give them to wealthy senior citizens?

I love the assumption giving it to wealthy seniors that do not need it.

Who makes this call? What's the criteria?

Unemployment was low and steady when Bush was President, until Democrats controlled Congress.
I've lost track of how many times you've posted this crap!
Unemployment ROSE from 3.90% at the end of Clinton's term to 5% when the Dems took over. That is not steady by any definition of steady.

Now tell us what law the Dems got past the record number of GOP filibusters and Bush's veto pen that caused the UE rate to rise after the Dems took over Congress.

3.9 to 5 from 2000 to 2006 is not steady?? Maybe on Planet Leftist that's the case, but not in the real world.
In fact UE rose from 5% when the Dems took Congress to between 9.5 and 10% today. That's an impressive record of failure.

Back to the OP: This is being painted by some union thugs as keeping grandma from eating dog food. But there is no means test for this $250. Since there are millionaires getting SS it would seem the Dems want to send $250 checks to millionaires. The elderly as a group have far lower instances of poverty than many others, especially people in their 20s with kids at home. Dems want to take money from young struggling families and send them to rich old coots. And of course the children--and grandchildren--of those young families will be stuck with the bill.
What else can one expect from the Democrats: The Party of Fuck You?

First it was claimed that it was the AARP that was "using it to keep grandma from eating dogfood". NOW it's "union thugs as keeping grandma from eating dog food". Which is it? You keep bouncing around on your incorrect assumptions.

And I have said before I think that SS payouts should be paid out on a sliding scale based on income.

Hey, I would have no problem basing it on some sort of "means test" to make sure that only the needy seniors received the $250.

But like Soggy in NOLA asked, "Who makes this call? What's the criteria?"

Last edited:
you do understand that not all seniors are wealthy, right?

But some of them are. Why would anyone want to take money from middle class families and give them to wealthy senior citizens?

I love the assumption giving it to wealthy seniors that do not need it.

Who makes this call? What's the criteria?

There are seniors on SS who are millionaires. This is a fact. The proposal would send the money to all senior on SS. This is a fact. Ergo at least some of the money sent will go to wealthy people, who probably don't need it.
Is there a flaw in any of this?

"The T" I keep seeing on the MSNBC lefty fest people saying "We're giving X billions to the rich".

Thats truly how they see it. They assume 100% of OUR money belongs to them, and that we have what we have simply because they allow us to keep it.

So if I make 100,000, and they only take 40,000 in taxes, they see that as them "giving" me 60,000, NOT as them "taking" 40,000.

Funny. I remember other governments who saw citizen's earnings as 100% belonging to the government, and the gov't's role only being in how much they are allowed to keep (Pre-Rev War England, current China, USSR, Cuba, etc).

Lefties can't hide their communist leanings. Nothing is being "given" to the rich. It is only that the men with guns (the government) is not going to take as much as they would like from them.

OK, hold on a minute here. I'm not going to say I support a tax decrease for the rich when there's such a large deficit, but...

Why would we give a COLA increase to Social Security recipients when there's been no inflation?

As long as the GOP keeps this up the Dems will have no problems in 2012.

"House and Senate Republicans on Wednesday thwarted Democratic efforts to award $250 checks to Social Security recipients facing a second consecutive year without a cost-of-living increase."

GOP blocks legislation to award seniors $250 - Yahoo! News

The rich aren't gaining a thing. They're just being prevented from having to lay you off.

This is yet again another stupid costly idea that has warm fuzzy feelings attached to it.

Let's not forget that if somebody hadn't frozen their COLA this insignificant $250 wouldn't have been needed in the first place.

The Dems taketh away and then givith back in smaller portions....and accuseth the GOP of trying to stopeth them.....sowing the seeds of yet another wedegeth-issue.

Last edited:
"The T" I keep seeing on the MSNBC lefty fest people saying "We're giving X billions to the rich".

Thats truly how they see it. They assume 100% of OUR money belongs to them, and that we have what we have simply because they allow us to keep it.

So if I make 100,000, and they only take 40,000 in taxes, they see that as them "giving" me 60,000, NOT as them "taking" 40,000.

Funny. I remember other governments who saw citizen's earnings as 100% belonging to the government, and the gov't's role only being in how much they are allowed to keep (Pre-Rev War England, current China, USSR, Cuba, etc).

Lefties can't hide their communist leanings. Nothing is being "given" to the rich. It is only that the men with guns (the government) is not going to take as much as they would like from them.

You left something out in your diatribe of YOUR money. You also owe over $40,000 as YOUR share of the national debt.

"House and Senate Republicans on Wednesday thwarted Democratic efforts to award $250 checks to Social Security recipients facing a second consecutive year without a cost-of-living increase."

The rich aren't gaining a thing. They're just being prevented from having to lay you off.

This is yet again another stupid costly idea that has warm fuzzy feelings attached to it.

Let's not forget that if somebody hadn't frozen their COLA this insignificant $250 wouldn't have been needed in the first place.

The Dems taketh away and then givith back in smaller portions....and accuseth the GOP of trying to stopeth them.....sowing the seeds of yet another wedegeth-issue.

You mean from all of those jobs they were supposed to create in the first place through Trickle Down economics? That didn't exactly pan out, did it. Yet we were ALL left holding the bag on the debt it created.

As long as you recognized the fact that it's needed. :clap2:

You left something out in your diatribe of YOUR money. You also owe over $40,000 as YOUR share of the national debt.

Unvoluntarily.

*NEXT*

I am beginning to just hate the Republican leadership. They are absolutely disgraceful. They only care about the rich, and it is so obvious, it takes an idiot not to see it. Where in God's name did they get this bunch??

the index didn't go up, why do you want to try and bribe people?

Did you not read the linked article or is there a comprehension issue?

Hey, skin flute-

PAYROLL IS NOT TAXED!

Good gawd... What will it take for that to sink in? A business owner's personal tax rate is completely, utterly, wholly unrelated to the the business's payroll budget.

Get over it, the jackals are LYING to you!
:bang3:

Last edited:

PAYROLL IS NOT TAXED!

Good gawd... What will it take for that to sink in? A business owner's personal tax rate is completely, utterly, wholly unrelated to the the business's payroll budget.

It IS Taxed, moron.

Unvoluntarily.

*NEXT*

Either way it doesn't change that fact.

PAYROLL IS NOT TAXED!

It IS Taxed, moron.

Oh really? Are you sure? Could you please source that?

When I write a paycheck to an employee, it's not a PRE-TAX expense?

Yet I'm the "moron."

You're not bright. Please go away.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back