GOP: Millions For The Wealthy But We Can't Afford To Award $250 Social Security COLA

See, you are mistaking something.

SS COLA is something the government would be GIVING to people.

Taxes are something that the government TAKES from people.

The gov't isn't GIVING the rich more money. The gov't (Obama) is simply not TAKING more

SS is a fund the government collects from everyone. If that pool of $$$ is short, it's short. Theres nothing we can do about it other than raise taxes, which no one wants to do.

But thats the ideological difference. The right sees people's money as belonging to the individual person. Whereas the left sees money as being government property that the government can forcefully take from the individual whenever it needs a bigger pot of $$$ to use.

The gov't isn't GIVING the rich more money. The gov't (Obama) is simply not TAKING more

SS is a fund the government collects from everyone. If that pool of $$$ is short, it's short. Theres nothing we can do about it other than raise taxes, which no one wants to do.

But thats the ideological difference. The right sees people's money as belonging to the individual person. Whereas the left sees money as being government property that the government can forcefully take from the individual whenever it needs a bigger pot of $$$ to use.

SS funds do not belong to the government , they belong to the people that paid them in.

my GAWD, what the fxxk can a person DO WITH 250dollars.

what a friggen JOKE.:lol:

Every cent will be spent into the econony

So will the $$$ that rich people have in their pockets that the gov't has said they now will not take by force.

Unless the rich are currently wallpapering their homes with $100 bills. Otherwise, it'll be spent or invested. If it's saved, it goes into banks, which can then loan it. All around, it goes into the system.

Problem is, the left simply hates that the rich are putting that money into the system and not the gov't, because they simply envy the rich. They dont want rich people to have their money. Whether it's put there by the rich or the government, it is going to go into the same market, in some form or another. But the left knows the gov't will spread it to feel good causes, whereas the rich will put it into places that someone will have to EARN it from them.

And thats what it comes down to. Both the gov't and the rich put their money into the market.

But the rich make you EARN it from them, while the gov't will simply GIVE it to you. Thats why the lefties are who they are.

"The right sees people's money as belonging to the individual person"

And the right also refuses to acknowledge the debt we all owe. They all want to say IT'S MY MONEY!! But they should also say that it's their DEBT as well.

But no matter if we increase SS or give massive tax cuts to the rich it still ends up costing ALL of us more money and piles on more debt.

Given the choice I will gladly help out Seniors that NEED it rather than the wealthy that don't.

And the right also refuses to acknowledge the debt we all owe. They all want to say IT'S MY MONEY!! But they should also say that it's their DEBT as well.

But no matter if we increase SS or give massive tax cuts to the rich it still ends up costing ALL of us more money and piles on more debt.

Given the choice I will gladly help out Seniors that NEED it rather than the wealthy that don't.

Then put YOUR MONEY where your mouth is, get out YOUR CHECKBOOK and write EVERY SENIOR A CHECK. I'm sure YOU'LL get some nice thank you notes.

SS funds do not belong to the government , they belong to the people that paid them in.

If there was a trust fund somewhere that had your $$ in it that you had paid into you would be correct.
There isn't so you and I both were conned.
There is not one cent in any trust fund.
We are broke. Sorry.
Please do not make the kids pay for yours, mine, the previous generations and ALL of the interest while they get NOTHING.
Is that fair? They pay for 2 generations of benefits and interest and get nothing.
Slash it now for the kids. Fuck us dumbasses that allowed this mess to happen.
It is yours and my fault. Get out of denial and quit being selfish and do something about it.
$$$ does not grown on fucking trees.

Did $1T in stimulus help the economy?

Yes, it sure did. Even Repubicans admit that.

But what did the 2.4 trillion dollar tax cut, with more than 52% going to the top 1% do? Well, for one, it helped to pay for moving 2.4 million jobs to China. I guess that was part of the plan, but I'm not sure.

Then put YOUR MONEY where your mouth is, get out YOUR CHECKBOOK and write EVERY SENIOR A CHECK. I'm sure YOU'LL get some nice thank you notes.

I will as soon as you cut a check for the more than $40,000 YOU owe for your share of the National Debt.

Last edited:
Did $1T in stimulus help the economy?

Yes, it sure did. Even Repubicans admit that.

But what did the 2.4 trillion dollar tax cut, with more than 52% going to the top 1% do? Well, for one, it helped to pay for moving 2.4 million jobs to China. I guess that was part of the plan, but I'm not sure.

It all went to public employee unions.

Unemployment was steady, and half of what it is now before Democrats controlled Congress.

Jobs got created as fast as they were lost.

I will as soon as you cut a check for the more than $40,000 YOU owe for your share of the National Debt.

Sorry dear, I DIDN'T RUN UP THE NATIONAL DEPT.
so your statement is meaningless. but nice try.:lol:

Forum List

Back