GOP member urges Graham to subpoena Schiff, Biden phone records

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
A House Republican is pressing Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) to subpoena the call records of top Democrats and a whistleblower lawyer, signaling a new GOP line of defense amid the impeachment inquiry examining President Trump’s ties to Ukraine.

Rep. Jim Banks (R-Ind.), one of Trump’s House allies, asked Graham in a letter Wednesday to subpoena AT&T for the call records of House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden, as well as the attorney for Ukraine whistleblower, Mark Zaid.

“Chairman, I urge you to utilize your subpoena power as Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee and obtain call records for the following individuals: Rep. Adam Schiff, The whistleblower’s lawyer Mark Zaid, Former Vice President Joe Biden, and Hunter Biden,” Banks wrote to Graham.

“This quixotic impeachment inquiry must be shelved, Mr. Chairman. And Rep. Adam Schiff should be held to the same standard to which he holds others. It is time to see his phone records,” he continued.

Banks framed his request as an act of transparency, arguing that the public should know with whom Schiff worked to coordinate Democrats’ impeachment inquiry.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

“For one thing, many of my phone records would be protected by attorney-client privilege”Zaid said in a statement to The Hill.

The call records, obtained by Democrats who issued a subpoena to AT&T, “Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s personal lawyer”

Does anyone see the double standard here?

A House Republican is pressing Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) to subpoena the call records of top Democrats and a whistleblower lawyer, signaling a new GOP line of defense amid the impeachment inquiry examining President Trump’s ties to Ukraine.

Rep. Jim Banks (R-Ind.), one of Trump’s House allies, asked Graham in a letter Wednesday to subpoena AT&T for the call records of House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden, as well as the attorney for Ukraine whistleblower, Mark Zaid.

“Chairman, I urge you to utilize your subpoena power as Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee and obtain call records for the following individuals: Rep. Adam Schiff, The whistleblower’s lawyer Mark Zaid, Former Vice President Joe Biden, and Hunter Biden,” Banks wrote to Graham.

“This quixotic impeachment inquiry must be shelved, Mr. Chairman. And Rep. Adam Schiff should be held to the same standard to which he holds others. It is time to see his phone records,” he continued.

Banks framed his request as an act of transparency, arguing that the public should know with whom Schiff worked to coordinate Democrats’ impeachment inquiry.

“For one thing, many of my phone records would be protected by attorney-client privilege”Zaid said in a statement to The Hill.

The call records, obtained by Democrats who issued a subpoena to AT&T, “Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s personal lawyer”

What happened to Graham subpoenaing Rudy G? I thought he was going to have him testify in the Senate.

Man the dems are really looking F dumb now.

That witch Kaplan was a Hillary and Obama donor.....Lol......Where do they find these imbeciles??

Keep impeaching please.......please...please......

I can't wait for Monday.........................Monday Monday...da da da da da da

What happened to Graham subpoenaing Rudy G? I thought he was going to have him testify in the Senate.
Why, when the questioning of all the players of the DeathRAT persuasion will easily last through March, maybe even April, just enough to take all the DemonRAT senators out of campaigning for their primaries....like to see it drag out until late summer...:)

This is your leader
Hillary Clinton has coughing fit during Howard Stern interview

Hey... if they have nothing to hide... Isn't that what they recently said?

Last edited:
Good luck House Republican....I won't hold my breath...
I'm sure after Trump has placed over 150 judges in federal positions. WE should be able to find one that would issue a subpoena!
But will Graham do it?...so far he is all bark and no bite....

GOP better grow a spine soon.
I'm afraid that its not a spine they need...they have a spine big enough to sit back and in broad daylight on national TV allow the dems to put on an all day hit piece on Trump...a four hour anti Trump commercial while he is on foreign soil working for us...that takes guts and eventually they will also allow the dems to finally get rid of the outsider they so hate....the guy that beat Bush....

What they need is a change of heart...they need to realize that the people that vote for them also vote for Trump...and that we aren't fooled this time....that hearing today was a joke...the GOP should have never agreed to it and refused to show up....

It was a farce...by them being there it took it from an SNL skit to a legitimate hearing....they never should have agreed to it...they don't fight back because they agree with the dems about Trump....by the time this gets to the senate there will be republicans ie Romney...that will turn on some new out of the blue accusation or so called crime Trump supposedly committed and he will be removed........

I hope I'm wrong but whats going on in DC are theatrics on a par with Hollywood's best.....and we are the victim....the swamp is going to win....I hate to say it but they are going to win...

Last edited:
We need to get to the bottom of the Biden Crime Family:

HOW MANY OF YOU KNEW JOE BIDEN HAD A SHADY BROTHER? HOW MANY ARE SURPRISED? FBI probing terroristic threat against McMinnville couple suing Joe Biden’s brother.

The FBI is investigating the delivery — via the mail — of a terroristic threat to a McMinnville couple who are suing the brother of Democratic presidential hopeful Joe Biden, Knox News has confirmed.​

The threat came in August in a plain white envelope to the McMinnville home of Michael Frey and his wife, Natalie Frey, just days after Knox News publicly revealed their claims of fraud and deception against Biden’s brother, Jim Biden, in a federal lawsuit.​

Inside the envelope was what appeared to be blood-stained currency from a Middle Eastern country commonly known as a haven for terror groups and a “torture ticket” — a voucher for the infliction of torture.​

Well, that’s nice. Plus: “The U.S. Attorney’s office confirmed this week the threat was under investigation by the FBI. The office and the FBI declined to comment further.”

Good luck House Republican....I won't hold my breath...
I'm sure after Trump has placed over 150 judges in federal positions. WE should be able to find one that would issue a subpoena!
Barr should use the FISA Court to get the warrants. There must be a dossier around here somewhere. :laugh:
Barr is not going to engage in the same unethical behavior that the Obama Administration did. Instead he is going to expose it to make sure our fundamental protections against political spying on us by our own government are guaranteed.

Yep, Republicans got nothing going for them on the mainstage of impeachment case, so they need a sideshow circus.

Schiff and whistleblower have ZERO to do with the substance current case against Trump and his admin.

The impeachment case is based ENTIRELY on evidence and witnesses testimony from Trump's own administration. It can be niether refuted nor supported by ANYTHING about Schiff or whistleblower as they had no relationship to the underlying events the impeachment is about.

That may not be true from Nunes btw because he was directly dealing with Giuliani and his now-in-custody Ukranian associate right in the middle of Trump's drug deal in Ukraine.

Last edited:
The dems are losing their own impeachment hoax....Buuuuaaaaaahahahahahahaha!!!!! Record low unemployment 266,000 jobs added just last month.....a record number of new businesses opened this year....Impeaching that will be an epic fail.......

Forum List

Back