GOP holds middle class payroll tax cut hostage with pipeline demand

Hysterics at best ,we have an antiquated pipeline system,and the emotional don't want to repair replace,but will scream if there is a spill,or there is no gas.

There are thousands of miles of pipe going everywhere,bringing your energy way cheaper and safer than another way.
QED.

If people had any idea how ubiquitous gas pipelines are here in the US and how safe they are, they'd realize how ridiculous opposition to Keystone XL is.

Sigh.

A pipeline within the United States is relatively easy. An "international" pipeline between countries takes more time and is much more difficult to get built.

Transcanada/ Keystone Pipeline has already been sued, I think I am satisfied with my opinion we should do a little more research.
Anyone can be sued by anyone else at any time, with or without having a legitimate reason. All it takes is going to the courthouse and filing some paperwork. Being sued proves nothing.

Sigh.

A pipeline within the United States is relatively easy. An "international" pipeline between countries takes more time and is much more difficult to get built.

We know, it's much too damn difficult and complex for an idiot demoncrat to deal with. that's why we need a Republican at the helm.

Sigh.

Especially when politicians throw up ridiculous obstacles for partisan reasons.

Sigh.

Of course it's going to take time if you refuse to authorize it being built.

So let's build it. It's 2011. Almost 2012. We have the technology to make it safe. We need the jobs. Why not build it?

Transcanada/ Keystone Pipeline has already been sued, I think I am satisfied with my opinion we should do a little more research.
Anyone can be sued by anyone else at any time, with or without having a legitimate reason. All it takes is going to the courthouse and filing some paperwork. Being sued proves nothing.

It was over what they said the tolls would be, and what the tolls actually might be. ;)

Pipeline showdown escalates payroll tax cut fight - CNN.com

But when it comes to the rich, no rider and no conditions. The GOP has historically shown that their hearts and minds are with the wealthy. They know the Dems want to help the middle class, so they chose what they can pull from thieir goody bag to throw in as a condition.

:eusa_think: 18k immediate jobs, 120k in the pipeline......pardon the pun, thats the follow on jobs as the project ramps up.Yup the gop are bastards alright:rolleyes:

I'd say the taxes on all those jobs and ancillary transactions, the fess and taxes on the refinery's processing that oil, would make up some of the cost for the 2% rebate eh? AND add badly needed jobs. Right?

It was over what they said the tolls would be, and what the tolls actually might be. ;)
Fantastic.

Link?

Looks to me like the GOP is willing to comprimise - to give The Obama what He wants, so long as they get something back.
:shrug:

Shouldn't they want a tax cut to begin with??

This should have been the quickest bill through the legislature in history. Give me one reason they should be against it besides that Obama wants it.

no, not really, first its a rebate, second it was sold by obama as a 1 year rebate. third what happened to all the hoopla over taxes crashing the deficit? Oh wait; a 10 year tax for a (another) 1 year rebate. seriously.....?

Sigh.

Of course it's going to take time if you refuse to authorize it being built.

So let's build it. It's 2011. Almost 2012. We have the technology to make it safe. We need the jobs. Why not build it?

no, you see thats BAD infrastructure spending,.......whoops, we aren't spending a dime to build it, are we?;)

Looks to me like the GOP is willing to comprimise - to give The Obama what He wants, so long as they get something back.
:shrug:

This should have been the quickest bill through the legislature in history. Give me one reason they should be against it besides that Obama wants it.

no, not really, first its a rebate, second it was sold by obama as a 1 year rebate. third what happened to all the hoopla over taxes crashing the deficit? Oh wait; a 10 year tax for a (another) 1 year rebate. seriously.....?

So you point out budgetary issues related to a tax cut for the first time in history, as soon as Dems propose one.....?

Shouldn't your same logic apply to Bush II tax cuts? But it doesn't, does it? :eusa_eh:

Compromise is fine, it still shouldn't be in the bill, along with allowing states to drug test people applying for unemployment.

Why the heck not?

We are suggesting tax cuts to encourage job growth and you don't see the relationship between that and authorizing a pipeline that is guaranteed to create jobs?

How about we do a little more research into the Pipeline? I am all for the US self contained when it comes to Oil, but I don't want to pass something before we know all the facts. We need a payroll tax now, we need to do a little more research into the Pipeline.
I have talked to my friends dad who is engineer for BP in Alaska, and he has reservations about it. I think I will go with an expert, and say we should spend a little more time before we start a massive project.

Obama's team did all the research needed on the pipeline. That is why he has postponed making his decision on it until after the election. Sounds like he has sold the pipeline jobs for votes to me...........

So you point out budgetary issues related to a tax cut for the first time in history, as soon as Dems propose one.....?

Shouldn't your same logic apply to Bush II tax cuts? But it doesn't, does it? :eusa_eh:

:lol:that wasn't may argument thats yours amigo.and not all tax 'cuts' are equal, we both know this.
correct me of I am wrong but raising taxes in this economy is bad, so said Obama....no?

Compromise is fine, it still shouldn't be in the bill, along with allowing states to drug test people applying for unemployment.

Why the heck not?

We are suggesting tax cuts to encourage job growth and you don't see the relationship between that and authorizing a pipeline that is guaranteed to create jobs?

How about we do a little more research into the Pipeline? I am all for the US self contained when it comes to Oil, but I don't want to pass something before we know all the facts. We need a payroll tax now, we need to do a little more research into the Pipeline.
I have talked to my friends dad who is engineer for BP in Alaska, and he has reservations about it. I think I will go with an expert, and say we should spend a little more time before we start a massive project.

its was, for 3 years, they could not come up with one valid ecological reason that holds water and frankly they didn't even try.

there is NO downside here. if we don't allow trans-canada to build the pipeline they will build one across Canada and ship the oil to China. It won't save ONE not one smidgen of carbon release, anywhere, zip nada zero.

Pipelines are the safest method of transport there is, over-trucks, tankers, rail etc.

Didn't the Democrats slip a provision into a money bill recently making it illegal for companies to hire employed people, and that companies had to hire employed people first?

Anyways, I support the Republicans on this. Build the frickin' pipeline.

Last edited:
Sigh.

Why?

Do Americans have this really weird way of building pipelines that is different than other countries? America still uses the imperial system and Canada uses metric, and it takes years to change all the blueprints because all the measurements are different?

Pipeline showdown escalates payroll tax cut fight - CNN.com

But when it comes to the rich, no rider and no conditions. The GOP has historically shown that their hearts and minds are with the wealthy. They know the Dems want to help the middle class, so they chose what they can pull from thieir goody bag to throw in as a condition.

It's a sham... I live in PA and Haliburton is already recruiting for the Keystone XL project. It's on the Radio and in the papers. I believe it's a done deal already. The bullshit of the Payroll tax as a "hostage" is political posturing.

Forum List

Back