GOP Florida Debate Tonight on FOX

Where you ever a soldier? The shut the fuck up.

I was b1tch. I have friends who have done 7+ TOD's as ForCons IC in AF and IR. They lost their chatter monitor and did 3 weeks of walkabouts blind because someone outed the only Arabic translator in the 6/6 Cav. Stupid shit. You think they cared about whether the guy listening in on ICTALAF for them was gay or not? Right. Nothing like walking around with dog collars on your ankles learning that everything is FUBAR because some Captain got a bug up his butt because of something he saw OMT.
So until you can tell me you did walkabouts IC blind, you STFU.

Perry is incredibly weak on Immigration. Santorum is slaying him on it.

I disagree, unless you just want to him to agree with you.

I admire his taking a stand on this, and saying something totally unpopular with reps and cons, ala in-state tuition, but he believes in it and will take the hit, good for him...... and thats exactly why I may vote for him as opposed to romney (who actually feels the way I do on this issue) Romney has no beliefs and this is also why I wrote in Ron Paul and left McCain at the curb.

Whether you agree with him or not, I thought Perry handled that exchange very well.

like 10 fucking people, get over yourself.

Fucking people? Damn, Fox didn't show that in my area.

Yeah, NOT a crowd.

I'm not a "Republican" and one of the reasons is because I'm not a homophobe nor am I religious and when candidates play to that "it's like super ewe!"

I was *shocked* if anything at the fact that so FEW people made any "boo's." I thought for a second it would grow but it really was just a handful of people. So get fucked you dumb ass, you didn’t even watch the debate but you are trying to attack it, now that deserves a crowd of boo's.

Are you sure they weren't Librul plants?

You know how them Libruls are

Perry is incredibly weak on Immigration. Santorum is slaying him on it.

I admire his taking a stand on this, and saying something totally unpopular with reps and cons, ala in-state tuition, but he believes in it and will take the hit, good for him...... and thats exactly why I may vote for him as opposed to romney (who actually feels the way I do on this issue) Romney has no beliefs and this is also why I wrote in Ron Paul and left McCain at the curb.

I like Perry...don't care for Santorum...but it is WRONG for an illegal to get a subsidized college education. If American citizens, who aren't a resident of Texas want an education at one of their Universities, have to take out loans to receive it, then illegals should as well. This issue could turn me against Perry.:evil:

I hear you. I agree to an extent.

I liked his answer because he was telling us what he actually thought absent the usual politically expedient filter AND he stuck a chord with me on another note- his recitation of the Texas legislature vote, only 4 dissents.

States rights inho are very very important.If they had said no, then it would have been no. How long do you think before some federal action will be taken top make it the law of the land? :eusa_whistle:

*shrugs* I have no idea who I am voting for yet either;)

I like Perry...don't care for Santorum...but it is WRONG for an illegal to get a subsidized college education. If American citizens, who aren't a resident of Texas want an education at one of their Universities, have to take out loans to receive it, then illegals should as well. This issue could turn me against Perry.:evil:

I liked his answer because he was telling us what he actually thought absent the usual politically expedient filter AND he stuck a chord with me on another note- his recitation of the Texas legislature vote, only 4 dissents.

States rights inho are very very important.If they had said no, then it would have been no. How long do you think before some federal action will be taken top make it the law of the land? :eusa_whistle:

Me either. Perry's stand on immigration isn't a deal breaker with me but I do think he hurt himself in the debate despite the best answer he could have given to that question. There is the issue of 'compassion' also including those who aren't here illegally. If children of illegals are afforded lots of perks and resources, that siphones off perks and resources that are available to children of citizens. That strikes a lot of people as wrong.

But still after hearing all the candidates (I almost typed contestants :)) I am developing my favorites. But I still feel good that any one of them would be competent as President or at least heads and shoulders above what we now have.

Me either. Perry's stand on immigration isn't a deal breaker with me but I do think he hurt himself in the debate despite the best answer he could have given to that question. There is the issue of 'compassion' also including those who aren't here illegally. If children of illegals are afforded lots of perks and resources, that siphones off perks and resources that are available to children of citizens. That strikes a lot of people as wrong.

But still after hearing all the candidates (I almost typed contestants :)) I am developing my favorites. But I still feel good that any one of them would be competent as President or at least heads and shoulders above what we now have.

Perry is pretty charismatic and you could tell the crowd was mostly behind him but Romney nailed him pretty hard with the thing about an illegal getting $100K in discounts that a US Citizen wouldn't get on their education. Also, a lot of his fans were just awkwardly silent during the entire line of questioning about immigration.
Frankly, immigration's not the deal breaker for me with Perry - although the discounts on education are definitely not right. But as far as immigration goes, I don't really care about that issue much at all.

Perry is pretty charismatic and you could tell the crowd was mostly behind him but Romney nailed him pretty hard with the thing about an illegal getting $100K in discounts that a US Citizen wouldn't get on their education. Also, a lot of his fans were just awkwardly silent during the entire line of questioning about immigration.
Frankly, immigration's not the deal breaker for me with Perry - although the discounts on education are definitely not right. But as far as immigration goes, I don't really care about that issue much at all.

For many of us though, language/culture/borders are a HUGE issue. Just Newt's line about making English the language of government will probably increase his approval ratings a bit. I will reject somebody who doesn't take the issue of sealing the border and other measures re illegal immigration seriously. I just don't think the college tuition thing alone is a deal breaker for me.

For many of us though, language/culture/borders are a HUGE issue. Just Newt's line about making English the language of government will probably increase his approval ratings a bit. I will reject somebody who doesn't take the issue of sealing the border and other measures re illegal immigration seriously. I just don't think the college tuition thing alone is a deal breaker for me.

Well at least Perry trashing the Texas education system discourages Mexicans from coming over.

Well, Perry's star isn't shining so bright anymore.

Texas toast? Perry worries GOP
://news.yahoo.com/texas-toast-perry-worries-gop-095000881.html

I saw this exchange

Romney officials were particularly tough in their critique of Perry’s vague answer on what he would do if he got a 3AM call alerting him that Pakistan had lost nuclear weapons to the Taliban.

“It was clear he had no idea what he was talking about,” said Romney adviser Ron Kaufman.

And I agreed. He veered away completely.

I get it and I respect that everyone has different "hot button" issues. Immigration's not mine but I can understand why so many people are riled up about it.

Perry could have countered that easily...anyone who lives in Texas for three years is eligible for the in-state rates...if those Americans want the in-state rate...by all means, move to Texas and you'll get it.

Prepare to watch Ron Paul shatter the pandering empty suit puppets.

Gary Johnson will also be participating but he will likely add nothing to the debate and will be ignored.

This debate may make or break Perry because he has underperformed the last two debates and he has to step it up this time to prove himself to be a frontrunner with actual ideas how to fix this country. Don't get your hopes up though Perry sheeple, his campaign said he will not change his debate strategy thus remaining a weak debater.

The beautiful Megyn Kelly will be a debate moderator joined by Chris Wallace and Brett Baier. Kelly and Chris are brutal so expect the candidates to all be grilled.

Ron Paul will come out the winner as usual. Libertarians have become a big base in the Republican party and they can see through the pandering and empty lies of these Illuminati puppets.

Romney has won all three debates, Perry is crashing, Ron Paul is toast after his comment that America deserved the attack on 9-11. Envision what Obama would do with that statement if Ron Paul won the nomination- he would be SLAUGHTERED. Be careful what you wish for you just might get the NIGHTMARE of a second Obama term.:cuckoo:

Perry tells you the truth, he doesn't just tell you what you want to hear.

I respect that.

If he is wrong, he says "I was wrong".

I respect that.

Am I in 100% agreement with Perry on all the issues...no.

But I agree with him on more issues than I do the other candidates...

...and I trust him much more than I do Mitt Romney.

Last edited:

Perry could have countered that easily...anyone who lives in Texas for three years is eligible for the in-state rates...if those Americans want the in-state rate...by all means, move to Texas and you'll get it.

You are crazy if you think conservatives are going to be okay with his position on tuition for illegal immigrants, absolutely nuts. He blew it, he's toast and the polls will soon show it, there is no covering or going back on that statement. Illegal immigration is a huge cost to our nation, in health care benefits, education etc. That boat won't float, it never will, not with his conservative base. They are done with him. He is soft on illegal immigration and that shown bright and clear last night. That's a number ONE issue with conservatives.

I respect that.

I respect that.

Perry has not even come out with a policy on a job's plan, Romney has, it took me 4 hours to read it. Perry has not come out with a solution to Social Security, except to call it a ponzi scheme that he wants to turn back over to the states, which is the dumbest statement I have ever heard, because it's a national program, ALWAYS has been and can not be controlled or funded at the state level. His policy on illegal immigration is god-awful. The problem with Perry is that he has no plan on anything, expresses no details on anything and just gets up there with one-liners and WINGS it. Where is his written detailed plan on anything. I challenge you to find one.:cuckoo::cuckoo: Can you envision him winning the nomination and going up against a billion dollars of Democrat adds and standing toe to toe with Obama in a debate. You gotta be kidding, get real, nominate the GOP candidate that has a detailed plan and can stand up to Obama- that's Mitt Romney. Mitt beats Obama in a one to one match up- Perry and the rest don't. There's your answer- of course- if you want to guaranttee Obama a second term to DESTROY our country, then go ahead and nominate one that has not a snow ball's chance in hell of winning the general.:cuckoo:

Last edited:

I respect that.

I respect that.

Perry has not even come out with a policy on a job's plan, Romney has, it took me 4 hours to read it. Perry has not come out with a solution to Social Security, except to call it a ponzi scheme that he wants to turn back over to the states, which is the dumbest statement I have ever heard, because it's a national program, ALWAYS has been and can not be controlled or funded at the state level. His policy on illegal immigration is god-awful. The problem with Perry is that he has no plan on anything, expresses no details on anything and just gets up there with one-liners and WINGS it. Where is his written detailed plan on anything. I challenge you to find one.:cuckoo::cuckoo: Can you envision him winning the nomination and going up against a billion dollars of Democrat adds and standing toe to toe with Obama in a debate. You gotta be kidding, get real, nominate the GOP candidate that has a detailed plan and can stand up to Obama- that's Mitt Romney. Mitt beats Obama in a one to one match up- Perry and the rest don't. There's your answer- of course- if you want to guaranttee Obama a second term to DESTROY our country, then go ahead and nominate one that has not a snow ball's chance in hell of winning the general.:cuckoo:

Here is Perry's job's plan- whoopee, more of what he INHERITED in the great state of Texas, that's it, no- ZERO plan for the nation except more one- liners. Good grief.:cuckoo: Perry is way out of his league.
Rick Perry for President 2012 | Jobs

JobsNo other candidate for President – Republican or Democrat – can match Rick Perry’s record on job creation.

Rick Perry’s leadership has helped build the nation’s top economy. Since June 2009, more than 40 percent of all net new jobs in America have been created in Texas.

He cut taxes, including a historic property tax cut and a tax cut for small businesses. He established incentive funds to encourage employers to create thousands of jobs and invest in new technology. And he signed budgets that invest billions more in education, as well as some of the strongest lawsuit reforms in the country – including a “loser pay” law – to help create jobs.

Rick Perry’s support for low taxes, reasonable regulations, a predictable civil litigation system and an educated workforce has produced a job climate consistently ranked the best in the nation.

Perry’s pro-growth agenda, combined with real spending reductions, will lead to a new era of economic growth and the creation of millions of American jobs.

Where's the beef???????????? Where is the substance???? Where are the details of his jobs plan for the NATION????????????? I will tell you where, he does not have one.

Last edited:
There is much to like about Romney. But there is also a red flag in my head about him--it isn't anything specific, just a gut level caution--that I want to go away before I commit.

I also like Perry but there are element beginning to show up through the course of these debates that also raise questions about whether he indeed would be another GWB-like quasi conservative on social issues. I am thinking no, but I want more convincing.

Santorum did well in this last debate but the bloom is off the rose with him. I don't think he will gain any traction. He didn't help himself at all by suggesting we should stay in Iraq and Afghanistan for 'as long as it takes'. I share his conviction that if we're going to fight a war we should be in it to win it, but the opportunity for that was forfeited years ago.

Huntsman also did well in the last debate but he is almost an invisible man. Nobody sees him. And after two debates now, I still don't know what he stands for. (I guess I could look it up, huh.)

Cain is a compelling and likable man with some great ideas, a solid constitutional conservative, and he doesn't put much spin on what he says which I like a lot. He does need to sell me on his 9-9-9 plan. I like the first two 9's but the third one is problematic for me and I want to be sold on it before buying into it.

Bachmann I like and admire more each time she speaks. But she's too long on campaign rhetoric and too short on specifics much of the time, and I don't think the Left or the establishment will ever allow her a fair hearing.

I like Ron Paul, but based on the information I have now, there are at least eight and probably a lot more issues that will be perceived as just plain extreme to the large majority of the voting public. I listed some of those on the currently active Ron Paul thread.

The one candidate that makes me believe he absolutely knows what he's taking about is Newt. He is the most visionary, he has the best sense of history and the most knowledge, he has the best grasp on how to fix what's broken, and I'm going to guess he has the highest I.Q. by at last 20 points. But is the bloom so far gone from the rose that he is unelectable?

And the one that really does have something to say--I know him personally--but hasn't been allowed into the club yet is Gary Johnson. Like Paul he holds some views that raise my eyebrows, but as Governor of New Mexico he governed with an even hand, good humor, easily won election to a second term--the law doesn't allow a third term or he would have won that too--and he didn't do any serious harm. He did choose some of the most questionable people however--in their qualifications, not character--to serve with him. That would be my biggest reservation about him.

But ANY of these people I could vote for without reservation if their opponent is Barack Obama.

And the rumors persist that Christie and Palin may still get in it.

There is much to like about Romney. But there is also a red flag in my head about him--it isn't anything specific, just a gut level caution--that I want to go away before I commit.

I also like Perry but there are element beginning to show up through the course of these debates that also raise questions about whether he indeed would be another GWB-like quasi conservative on social issues. I am thinking no, but I want more convincing.

Santorum did well in this last debate but the bloom is off the rose with him. I don't think he will gain any traction. He didn't help himself at all by suggesting we should stay in Iraq and Afghanistan for 'as long as it takes'. I share his conviction that if we're going to fight a war we should be in it to win it, but the opportunity for that was forfeited years ago.

Huntsman also did well in the last debate but he is almost an invisible man. Nobody sees him. And after two debates now, I still don't know what he stands for. (I guess I could look it up, huh.)

Cain is a compelling and likable man with some great ideas, a solid constitutional conservative, and he doesn't put much spin on what he says which I like a lot. He does need to sell me on his 9-9-9 plan. I like the first two 9's but the third one is problematic for me and I want to be sold on it before buying into it.

Bachmann I like and admire more each time she speaks. But she's too long on campaign rhetoric and too short on specifics much of the time, and I don't think the Left or the establishment will ever allow her a fair hearing.

I like Ron Paul, but based on the information I have now, there are at least eight and probably a lot more issues that will be perceived as just plain extreme to the large majority of the voting public. I listed some of those on the currently active Ron Paul thread.

The one candidate that makes me believe he absolutely knows what he's taking about is Newt. He is the most visionary, he has the best sense of history and the most knowledge, he has the best grasp on how to fix what's broken, and I'm going to guess he has the highest I.Q. by at last 20 points. But is the bloom so far gone from the rose that he is unelectable?

And the one that really does have something to say--I know him personally--but hasn't been allowed into the club yet is Gary Johnson. Like Paul he holds some views that raise my eyebrows, but as Governor of New Mexico he governed with an even hand, good humor, easily won election to a second term--the law doesn't allow a third term or he would have won that too--and he didn't do any serious harm. He did choose some of the most questionable people however--in their qualifications, not character--to serve with him. That would be my biggest reservation about him.

But ANY of these people I could vote for without reservation if their opponent is Barack Obama.

And the rumors persist that Christie and Palin may still get in it.

I would vote for Romney or Cain and would strongly consider Paul - even though the guy sure has his wacky moments.
I would vote for Obama if Perry gets the nod.
If Michele Whackmann or Eskimo Barbie get on the GOP ticket in any way, shape or form, I'm campaigning for Obama.

Forum List

Back