GOP Florida Debate Tonight on FOX

[

Perry could have countered that easily...anyone who lives in Texas for three years is eligible for the in-state rates...if those Americans want the in-state rate...by all means, move to Texas and you'll get it.

You really think that solves what's wrong with his position? :eek:

There is much to like about Romney. But there is also a red flag in my head about him--it isn't anything specific, just a gut level caution--that I want to go away before I commit.

I don't really like Romney. I think he's a charlatan.

But I'd probably vote for him over Obama.

Oh me too. Without reservation or hesitation.

But I'm not convinced I'll vote for him in the primary yet.

There is much to like about Romney. But there is also a red flag in my head about him--it isn't anything specific, just a gut level caution--that I want to go away before I commit.

I also like Perry but there are element beginning to show up through the course of these debates that also raise questions about whether he indeed would be another GWB-like quasi conservative on social issues. I am thinking no, but I want more convincing.

Santorum did well in this last debate but the bloom is off the rose with him. I don't think he will gain any traction. He didn't help himself at all by suggesting we should stay in Iraq and Afghanistan for 'as long as it takes'. I share his conviction that if we're going to fight a war we should be in it to win it, but the opportunity for that was forfeited years ago.

Huntsman also did well in the last debate but he is almost an invisible man. Nobody sees him. And after two debates now, I still don't know what he stands for. (I guess I could look it up, huh.)

Cain is a compelling and likable man with some great ideas, a solid constitutional conservative, and he doesn't put much spin on what he says which I like a lot. He does need to sell me on his 9-9-9 plan. I like the first two 9's but the third one is problematic for me and I want to be sold on it before buying into it.

Bachmann I like and admire more each time she speaks. But she's too long on campaign rhetoric and too short on specifics much of the time, and I don't think the Left or the establishment will ever allow her a fair hearing.

I like Ron Paul, but based on the information I have now, there are at least eight and probably a lot more issues that will be perceived as just plain extreme to the large majority of the voting public. I listed some of those on the currently active Ron Paul thread.

The one candidate that makes me believe he absolutely knows what he's taking about is Newt. He is the most visionary, he has the best sense of history and the most knowledge, he has the best grasp on how to fix what's broken, and I'm going to guess he has the highest I.Q. by at last 20 points. But is the bloom so far gone from the rose that he is unelectable?

And the one that really does have something to say--I know him personally--but hasn't been allowed into the club yet is Gary Johnson. Like Paul he holds some views that raise my eyebrows, but as Governor of New Mexico he governed with an even hand, good humor, easily won election to a second term--the law doesn't allow a third term or he would have won that too--and he didn't do any serious harm. He did choose some of the most questionable people however--in their qualifications, not character--to serve with him. That would be my biggest reservation about him.

But ANY of these people I could vote for without reservation if their opponent is Barack Obama.

And the rumors persist that Christie and Palin may still get in it.

I would vote for Romney or Cain and would strongly consider Paul - even though the guy sure has his wacky moments.
I would vote for Obama if Perry gets the nod.
If Michele Whackmann or Eskimo Barbie get on the GOP ticket in any way, shape or form, I'm campaigning for Obama.

The GOP would have to put up somebody much much worse than ANY of the people mentioned to persuade me to vote for Obama. He is a proven entity of change for the worse now. He has demonstrated that in most things he is clueless, visionless, and hopelessly inept and the policies he DOES seem to understand and promote have all produced damaging results.

However much anybody dislikes any of the GOP candidates or may-become-candidates, there is no way ANY of their stated policies could be worse than what we've had for the last 32 months.

I also like Perry but there are element beginning to show up through the course of these debates that also raise questions about whether he indeed would be another GWB-like quasi conservative on social issues. I am thinking no, but I want more convincing.

Santorum did well in this last debate but the bloom is off the rose with him. I don't think he will gain any traction. He didn't help himself at all by suggesting we should stay in Iraq and Afghanistan for 'as long as it takes'. I share his conviction that if we're going to fight a war we should be in it to win it, but the opportunity for that was forfeited years ago.

Huntsman also did well in the last debate but he is almost an invisible man. Nobody sees him. And after two debates now, I still don't know what he stands for. (I guess I could look it up, huh.)

Cain is a compelling and likable man with some great ideas, a solid constitutional conservative, and he doesn't put much spin on what he says which I like a lot. He does need to sell me on his 9-9-9 plan. I like the first two 9's but the third one is problematic for me and I want to be sold on it before buying into it.

Bachmann I like and admire more each time she speaks. But she's too long on campaign rhetoric and too short on specifics much of the time, and I don't think the Left or the establishment will ever allow her a fair hearing.

I like Ron Paul, but based on the information I have now, there are at least eight and probably a lot more issues that will be perceived as just plain extreme to the large majority of the voting public. I listed some of those on the currently active Ron Paul thread.

The one candidate that makes me believe he absolutely knows what he's taking about is Newt. He is the most visionary, he has the best sense of history and the most knowledge, he has the best grasp on how to fix what's broken, and I'm going to guess he has the highest I.Q. by at last 20 points. But is the bloom so far gone from the rose that he is unelectable?

And the one that really does have something to say--I know him personally--but hasn't been allowed into the club yet is Gary Johnson. Like Paul he holds some views that raise my eyebrows, but as Governor of New Mexico he governed with an even hand, good humor, easily won election to a second term--the law doesn't allow a third term or he would have won that too--and he didn't do any serious harm. He did choose some of the most questionable people however--in their qualifications, not character--to serve with him. That would be my biggest reservation about him.

But ANY of these people I could vote for without reservation if their opponent is Barack Obama.

And the rumors persist that Christie and Palin may still get in it.

I would vote for Romney or Cain and would strongly consider Paul - even though the guy sure has his wacky moments.
I would vote for Obama if Perry gets the nod.
If Michele Whackmann or Eskimo Barbie get on the GOP ticket in any way, shape or form, I'm campaigning for Obama.

The GOP would have to put up somebody much much worse than ANY of the people mentioned to persuade me to vote for Obama. He is a proven entity of change for the worse now. He has demonstrated that in most things he is clueless, visionless, and hopelessly inept and the policies he DOES seem to understand and promote have all produced damaging results.

However much anybody dislikes any of the GOP candidates or may-become-candidates, there is no way ANY of their stated policies could be worse than what we've had for the last 32 months.

I feel ya! And unlike the whackjobs here, you don't have to agree with me on everything, for me to respect your opinion.

Forum List

Back