GOP dirty little secret: corporate subsidies are Middle Class Tax Increases

R

rdean

Seems to be one of the GOP's "dirty little secrets" they forget to mention. When you give money to the top 12 largest US corporations and to oil companies, that money comes from the middle class. It's a "tax increase" on the middle class.

When Republicans wanted the government to clean up after BP because it was an "accident", they were working to shift the cost to the middle class.

On Morning Joe, Paul Ryan lied again and again. First, new jobs do NOT come from "small business", they come from "new business". Besides, Republicans saying they support small business is BS. They never have and never will. They only supports large business and corporations. You only need to follow their policies to know that. Because corporations are people my friend.

Another lie, if someone's tax rate is 14% and you close the loopholes, their rate is NOT 25%. Only now, they are paying more of the 14%. But it's STILL 14%.

This Republican "Let 'em Die" Party with the fringe on top, is no friend to the middle class. Their policies, no matter how well they word them are intended to squeeze what ever they can from America to feed a few wealthy elite. They fail under close scrutiny or examination.

Mostly the GOP has foisted unpaid taxes onto the future taxpayer.

But in their defence they could never have done that with the aid and assistance of the Democrats.

Seems to be one of the GOP's "dirty little secrets" they forget to mention. When you give money to the top 12 largest US corporations and to oil companies, that money comes from the middle class. It's a "tax increase" on the middle class.

When Republicans wanted the government to clean up after BP because it was an "accident", they were working to shift the cost to the middle class.

On Morning Joe, Paul Ryan lied again and again. First, new jobs do NOT come from "small business", they come from "new business". Besides, Republicans saying they support small business is BS. They never have and never will. They only supports large business and corporations. You only need to follow their policies to know that. Because corporations are people my friend.

Another lie, if someone's tax rate is 14% and you close the loopholes, their rate is NOT 25%. Only now, they are paying more of the 14%. But it's STILL 14%.

This Republican "Let 'em Die" Party with the fringe on top, is no friend to the middle class. Their policies, no matter how well they word them are intended to squeeze what ever they can from America to feed a few wealthy elite. They fail under close scrutiny or examination.

huh..I thought you were going to explain how it's the middle class that's responsible for paying for corporate subsides?

Why do you think the democrats are the ones against corporate welfare?

Isn't it the GOP that's says get rid of the loopholes, subsides, and lower the rates, so the government can stop picking winners and losers?

But in their defence they could never have done that with the aid and assistance of the Democrats.

You know.

This is the conservative meme. And it's complete bullshit. While we have a divided government we do have a government in which at one time or another one party is the one that leads the agenda. While it's up to the other party to offer up opposition views and perform checks...it's also up to them to follow that agenda.

The GOP thought they could have wars, new departments and new entitlements while cutting taxes. They were wrong. But it's on them..no one else.

And what they should be doing now..is helping the President to pay down those debts as well as fixing the economy they fucking broke.

huh..I thought you were going to explain how it's the middle class that's responsible for paying for corporate subsides?

Isn't it the GOP that's says get rid of the loopholes, subsides, and lower the rates, so the government can stop picking winners and losers?

Here is a news flash for you. Polititions say what they think you want to hear, not the truth. Most are a bunch of cowardly vagina's cause to tell the truth could get you boo'ed in a debate.

Truth is our government, both left and right, only support big business. The population, and small business along with it, has been marginalized and managed for the last 20 years. A basic economics textbook explains this, and they even have a word for it, its called being captured. (meaning division of government being captured by business)

They both support subsidizing huge business to, thats why last year our top 3 coporations profited more money then what all corporations in the united states paid in taxes.

I say end welfare for all corporations. Then its time to look at welfare for people, only the most needy people deserve help from the government. Ron Paul is the only candidate that can be trusted to do anything about this. 20 years of voting to limit the power of government and limit its spending.

Last edited:

Its not the labels its the money who buys them.

Not all dems are bought but all republicans are

In case I have never brought this to your attention before.

YOU ARE A DAMN FRUIT LOOP!!!

Here is a news flash for you. Polititions say what they think you want to hear, not the truth. Most are a bunch of cowardly vagina's cause to tell the truth could get you boo'ed in a debate.

Truth is our government, both left and right, only support big business. The population, and small business along with it, has been marginalized and managed for the last 20 years. A basic economics textbook explains this, and they even have a word for it, its called being captured. (meaning division of government being captured by business)

They both support subsidizing huge business to, thats why last year our top 3 coporations profited more money then what all corporations in the united states paid in taxes.

I say end welfare for all corporations. Then its time to look at welfare for people, only the most needy people deserve help from the government.

What your saying is true. Both parties are culprits when it comes to being in bed with corporations, from big oil to solar green energy. that's why I don't understand the OP's point on it having something to do with party, and the middle class thing lost me.

I will say that subsides, and tax credits to specific companies or industry is NOT part of conservative ideology, and is part of progressive philosophy

You know.

This is the conservative meme. And it's complete bullshit. While we have a divided government we do have a government in which at one time or another one party is the one that leads the agenda. While it's up to the other party to offer up opposition views and perform checks...it's also up to them to follow that agenda.

The GOP thought they could have wars, new departments and new entitlements while cutting taxes. They were wrong. But it's on them..no one else.

And what they should be doing now..is helping the President to pay down those debts as well as fixing the economy they fucking broke.

Really?? I challange that statement. Our government is not divided, the population is.

No change in policy from bush to obama. No change in foriegn policy for the last 3 presidents. Continued decline of domestic equality, wealth, and freedom for the last 30 years.

Time to fire the federal government, thats why Ron Paul has earned my vote.

I say end welfare for all corporations. Then its time to look at welfare for people, only the most needy people deserve help from the government.

What your saying is true. Both parties are culprits when it comes to being in bed with corporations, from big oil to solar green energy. that's why I don't understand the OP's point on it having something to do with party, and the middle class thing lost me.

I will say that subsides, and tax credits to specific companies or industry is NOT part of conservative ideology, and is part of progressive philosophy

Sure they are.

Conservatives fully supported the "Citizen's United" case. They fully support corporate welfare. And they fully support weakening and bankrupting the United States government.

You know.

Really?? I challange that statement. Our government is not divided, the population is.

No change in policy from bush to obama. No change in foriegn policy for the last 3 presidents. Continued decline of domestic equality, wealth, and freedom for the last 30 years.

That's again, the conservative meme. There have been vast changes in foreign policy. Libya is starkly different from the invasion of Iraq. The world saw a problem, they asked for US assistance and it was one that even the Arab league voted to solve it in this manner. We now have a new nuclear arms treaty with Russia. Torture of foreign prisoners is now forbidden. And we are engaging allies on a more level playing field. Those are HUGE changes.

And the decline of "Domestic wealth" began with Bush. He was handed a 100 billion dollar surplus which he turned into a several trillion dollar deficit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVE50-X7tuI]Götterdämmerung, Siegfried's Death And Funeral, Part 1/2 - YouTube[/ame]

Sure they are.

Conservatives fully supported the "Citizen's United" case. They fully support corporate welfare. And they fully support weakening and bankrupting the United States government.

I'm not talking about what politicans have done. like the other poster said, both parties are guilty of corporate welfare and excessive spending, but conservative philosophy dictates that we let the spirit of capitalism run and stop giving free money to the corporatons.

You know.

That's again, the conservative meme. There have been vast changes in foreign policy. Libya is starkly different from the invasion of Iraq. The world saw a problem, they asked for US assistance and it was one that even the Arab league voted to solve it in this manner. We now have a new nuclear arms treaty with Russia. Torture of foreign prisoners is now forbidden. And we are engaging allies on a more level playing field. Those are HUGE changes.

And the decline of "Domestic wealth" began with Bush. He was handed a 100 billion dollar surplus which he turned into a several trillion dollar deficit.

100 billion dollar surplus that lasted 1 year and made no impact on debt.

Domestic wealth I consider you and me, not government.

Libya's no different then anywhere else. Were dropping bombs so we can control the up and coming regime which will allow our business interests to have a new market to start sucking the wealth out of. If your an ally and do what we say then we subsidize you. If you dont do what we say then we bomb you. Thats our policy. And if your country has no resources we want well we just ignore you.

Torture is not forbidden in the United States, it is now accepted.

Agian, nothing has changed. You dont want to get into this argument with me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back