GOP DEBATE THREAD TONIGHT Weds. Sept. 7 MSNBC AT 8 p.m. EST

Romney and Huntsman did come across as genuine. I like what Perry has done in many areas but he comes across as a used car salesman. Everything is a sales pitch gimmick with him. Very disturbing. Bachmann? She comes across as sincere even though she is whacky. Gingrich is very smart. I have always liked him but he is done. No support and no support even here in his home state.
Romney is the one that I have confidence in. No snake oil like Perry and genuine. He has the experience and is honest to the core.

There's another reason. Insurance companies aren't likely to insure people against illnesses if they didn't get vaccinated for them. Guess who probably has to pick up the tab at some future date if and when they become ill?

There is no reason for circumventing the process in this case. Sorry.
Indeed. since the FED Government ownership of 1/7th of the US economy is a solution? It isn't. It is a nightmare as much as what the Government is when it steps in.

It's better left to the States and the individual to decide for themselves and not have the FED be the decider. There is no call for it in the Constitution anywhere.

With the exception of Pandemic Response, I agree with you.

PHP:
Most of the debat is BS, a few good things were said but mostly just campaign slogans... they are debating Obama more than they are debating each other....

As they should be. Throwing each other under the bus is bad form.

They don't have to throw each other under the bus but they can at least throw some ideas out there. If they all say the same thing and stand up there and agree with each other who cares which one becomes the nominee? They are basicly interchangeble.

I think I'm supporting Republicans this time around.

I'm supporting Huntsman now. But he hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell.

Santorum, Bachmann and Gingrich all did pretty well. They ignored Bachmann for about half an hour.

My wife on Ron Paul: "He sounds like my relatives around the dinner table." That's not a compliment.

Perry did fine, though I flipped on when he was calling SS a "Ponzi Scheme." Romney did OK.

All these guys want contractionary economic policy. I wonder if the Dow would fall 2000 points if they thought the GOP candidates would really do to Bernanke like they say they will do.

HD does not flatter these people.

I think there are more black people on stage than in the audience!

I think that if we get hit hard with another terrorist attack that it will take about 5 minutes for the market to drop 2000 points. Obama's reaction will compound the effect.

In seven years, Bush failed to get Bin Laden. Obama got him in less than one term. I think any terrorists attacking would have more to fear from President Obama than they ever did from Bush.

What a horrid debate. The mods should get fuckin fired for such a crap job. Almost every question was a belittling question meant to make people have to work their way out of a trap rather than trying to get into how candidates would fix problems.

Exactly. What do you expect from PMSNBC? The Smart ones called them on the stupidity of the questions and challenged them. Why PMSNBC? That itself is a joke.

I also wish they would have let Ron Paul talk more. Seems they let others go over the limit but were pretty strict with Pauls time.

I did like Romney's point about the magnet of job availability with regard to illegal immigration...it seems like one of those incredibly obvious things that few people ever mention.

I wouldn't have a problem if an adult decided to opt out of a vaccination. But potentially putting a minor child's future health (and maybe even their life) at risk is another matter altogether.

and if they didnt seek medical attention if it got serious i would agree with you, Up until that point, its not really your choice to decide.

I'm not saying it's my choice. I'm saying it's a public health issue, and parents of minor children should not be allowed to refuse vaccinations for their minor children which are scientifically proven to prevent disease.

Jebus, what ever happened to the days when parents were actually grateful for vaccines which prevented diseases like polio?

Jebus, what ever happened to the days when parents were parents and the government stayed out of their fucking business?

Kudos to Newt for standing up to that asshole moderator.

You're right-Newt stood up to them--but this DEBATE was the GREATEST EVER! Because they're ALL GREAT. Democrats never give us these kind of candidates.

So what I will suggest--is pick Romney or Perry as the nominee---and take the other as Vice President and the rest as cabinet appointments>

I would recommend that it's either of the two ABOVE--and make the OTHER VP. So if you pick Romney make Perry the VP.

Then--Your cabinet
Ron Paul--government regulations
Newt Gingrich--Homeland security
Herman Cain--Treasury Secretary--with the assistance of Ron Paul
Sarah Palin--who's not running (energy secretary) because there is nobody--NOBODY that knows more about energy in this country than she does.

What can I say--it's a fantastic field of candidates-and EVERY single one of them--I would like to see running this country in one way or another.

Last edited:
Moderator to Perry: "You said in your book that America shouldn't go on foreign military adventures. Do you stand by that."

Perry: "Obama's Keynesian doesn't work."

"Ponzi Scheme Perry."

Kudos to Newt for standing up to that asshole moderator.

You're right-Newt stood up to them--but this DEBATE was the GREATEST EVER! Because they're ALL GREAT.

So what I will suggest--is pick Romney or Perry as the nominee---and take the rest as cabinet appointments>

I would recommend that it's either of the two ABOVE--and make the OTHER VP. So if you pick Perry--make certain the Romney is VP or visa-versa.

Then--Your cabinet
Ron Paul--government regulations
Newt Gingrich--Homeland security
Herman Cain--Treasury Secretary--with the assistance of Ron Paul
Sarah Palin--who's not running (energy secretary) because there is nobody that knows more about energy in this country than she does.

What can I say--it's a fantastic field of candidates-and EVERY single one of them--I would like to see running this country in one way or another.
I'm supporting Mitt Romney. I don't want Palin or Bachmann doing anything.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Huntsman won that debate....liberal Brian William likely slipped him the questions.

Newt and Romney tied for 2nd.

Cain third.

Everyone else.

I think I'm supporting Republicans this time around.

I'm supporting Huntsman now. But he hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell.

Santorum, Bachmann and Gingrich all did pretty well. They ignored Bachmann for about half an hour.

My wife on Ron Paul: "He sounds like my relatives around the dinner table." That's not a compliment.

Perry did fine, though I flipped on when he was calling SS a "Ponzi Scheme." Romney did OK.

All these guys want contractionary economic policy. I wonder if the Dow would fall 2000 points if they thought the GOP candidates would really do to Bernanke like they say they will do.

HD does not flatter these people.

I think there are more black people on stage than in the audience!

I think that if we get hit hard with another terrorist attack that it will take about 5 minutes for the market to drop 2000 points. Obama's reaction will compound the effect.

In seven years, Bush failed to get Bin Laden. Obama got him in less than one term. I think any terrorists attacking would have more to fear from President Obama than they ever did from Bush.

Obama get's the credit in spite of himself huh? Thank You Leon Panetta! :):):) Great job. Extra points for doing it with the management you had to work with. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Just keep believing Old Rocks! ;) Yeah, the Terrorists are really afraid of Obama. ;)

Obama get's the credit in spite of himself huh? Thank You Leon Panetta! :):):) Great job. Extra points for doing it with the management you had to work with. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Just keep believing Old Rocks! ;) Yeah, the Terrorists are really afraid of Obama. ;)

I don't think the terrorists are afraid of any American politician.

I didn't see the debate and have only read what this thread has said about it. From what I read, Huntman and Newt won the debate. Romney held his own. Perry disappointed. Bachmann, Paul and the rest may as well quit.

Does this sound close to reality?

Forum List

Back