GOP DEBATE THREAD TONIGHT Weds. Sept. 7 MSNBC AT 8 p.m. EST

riiight.......Opt out all they want. I have yet to see a case where the opting out of the vaccine was the case for guilt. It has always been the disregard for medical attention when the kid is sick and dies, which gets the parents in trouble.

I wouldn't have a problem if an adult decided to opt out of a vaccination. But potentially putting a minor child's future health (and maybe even their life) at risk is another matter altogether.

and if they didnt seek medical attention if it got serious i would agree with you, Up until that point, its not really your choice to decide.

I'm not saying it's my choice. I'm saying it's a public health issue, and parents of minor children should not be allowed to refuse vaccinations for their minor children which are scientifically proven to prevent disease.

Jebus, what ever happened to the days when parents were actually grateful for vaccines which prevented diseases like polio?

Oh gosh, Perry on military adventurism sounds like George W. Bush on the campaign trail.

He's not doing very good tonight.

I wouldn't have a problem if an adult decided to opt out of a vaccination. But potentially putting a minor child's future health (and maybe even their life) at risk is another matter altogether.

and if they didnt seek medical attention if it got serious i would agree with you, Up until that point, its not really your choice to decide.

I'm not saying it's my choice. I'm saying it's a public health issue, and parents of minor children should not be allowed to refuse vaccinations for their minor children which are scientifically proven to prevent disease.

Jebus, what ever happened to the days when parents were actually grateful for vaccines which prevented diseases like polio?

You know both the Monetary cost and the Risk of the Vaccine, you have no right to Mandate, especially by Executive Order..

I'm going to make a big bowl of popcorn and check it all out. It will be fun. Lots of tap dancing around issues and name calling on Obama. Instead of answering the question they are asked, they will launch into one of their memorized talking points. All of the debates are the same thing. Doesn't matter which party it is. I still don't think the field is set for the GOP dash for the nomination. I think there will be a couple two or three more entries. We shall see. I'm not all that impressed with anybody at the present time but I have to say I though Newt had the balls to say what needed to be said last debate. Everybody else was just so-so.

I am certain there's going to be a lot of Obama remarks

--but really this is (for most of us) the 1st time we get to get a look at Rick Perry.
Oh, guess I better turn on the darn tube. I fall asleep during debates. Oops. Wrong channel. Hannity is talking to some guy. Are they over? <whew> :D

I'm for vaccines, but i am also for choice. That being said i understand the whole public health issue. If you get your kid his/her shots then if you run into someone who wasnt then you have no worries.

There's another reason. Insurance companies aren't likely to insure people against illnesses if they didn't get vaccinated for them. Guess who probably has to pick up the tab at some future date if and when they become ill?

Immigration... wow... build a fence, really? We're broke.

Maybe conservatives will contract out the job of building the fence to cheap Mexican labor in order to get the fence built.

Right. How many times did we already pay for it? Good one. :)
Obama claimed it was built...

Obama said today in El Paso..."They wanted more agents on the border. Well, we now have more boots on the ground on the southwest border than at any time in our history. The Border Patrol has 20,000 agents - more than twice as many as there were in 2004, a build up that began under President Bush and that we have continued. They wanted a fence. Well, that fence is now basically complete."
Five years ago, legislation was passed to build a 700-mile double-layer border fence along the southwest border. This is a promise that has not been kept.
Today, according to staff at the Department of Homeland Security, just 5 percent of the double-layer fencing is complete, only 36.3 miles.
<MAY 2011

LINK

Is it still going on? I usually watch most all of the debates but this gop crowd is too stupid for words. I'll tune in when Romney debates the president. That would be the most interesting one.

I'm for vaccines, but i am also for choice. That being said i understand the whole public health issue. If you get your kid his/her shots then if you run into someone who wasnt then you have no worries.

There's another reason. Insurance companies aren't likely to insure people against illnesses if they didn't get vaccinated for them. Guess who probably has to pick up the tab at some future date if and when they become ill?

There is no reason for circumventing the process in this case. Sorry.

like fat people and smokers.
Life sucks......

It's against the law to sell cigarettes to minors, isn't it?

I can just see Ron Paul manning his machine-gun nest surrounded by barbed wire, mortars and flares going off all around him, wearing his Remember The Alamo T-Shirt and matching bandana, screaming "We don't need no stinking Badges", just before pulling the pins off of 2 fragmentation grenades.

Forum List

Back