GOP Crawling Back to Labor, Asking for a new labor deal. Oops.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rdean, Aug 17, 2011.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,011
    The story goes like this: Ohio Republicans took a page from Wisconsin’s book and rammed through SB 5, a bill that strips most collective bargaining rights and the right to strike from public employees.

But in Ohio, they have this law. You can put a referendum on the ballot to overturn a bill if you get the required signatures. This stops the bill from going into effect. Unions and progressive groups collected far more signatures than they needed to repeal SB 5, almost 1.3 million in all, getting it on the November ballot. And polls showed them headed to victory, with SB 5 slated to go down by 20 points.

Now, after all that, with Ohio Republicans on the precipice of spending all that political capital with nothing to show for it but lowered approval ratings, now Gov. John Kasich and the legislature wants to make a deal.

Kasich Comes Crawling Back to Labor, Asking for a Deal on SB 5

[​IMG]

2. ClosedCaption

ClosedCaption Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,293
    LOL soon as he's about to lose then he wants to "set aside" politics and asks labor to forget his past. Punk ass

3. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,218
    Marx supported Unions. Enough said!

4. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    wow...

Mine Companies who paid their employees in Company Script only good in Company stores for anywhere from .50-.80 on the dollar were against unions... enough said!

I mean if we are going to speak in hyperbole... why don't we both do it?

5. Matthew

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,218
    It is NOT the governments place to tell a business owner how to run his or her business. If you as the worker don't like it, don't work there. "A government that is big enough to do anything for people is also big enough to take away all of our freedoms"(Jefferson).

If you as the employee don't like the way someone runs there business within a free society--- then you can take your skills to another business, that will treat you better. What happen to freedom?:eusa_eh::eusa_eh:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  6. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    I thought we were talking about Unions... Is this the way it works? I refute you and then you change the subject? I mean... I don't mind a debate, but if we are going debate, I need to know the rules of engagement.

Let me ask you something... IF business(obviously, I am talking about BIG Businesses, not small ones) and their practices are causing harm to the country and it's citizens, does the government have the right to curtail Business' anti American practices?

7. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,324
    Hee Hee Hee Haw Haw. I hope the union people tell him to go take a fat shit for himself.

8. Matthew

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,218

The government has a right to stop a business that works against the interest of the nation(treason or sedation). Sure it has the right, but if the business is just hiring who they feel is the most merited(skilled) people that can make the most money, I see nothing wrong with it.

Todays businesses are forced to hire someone for any reason, even through they likely will lose a great amount of money a productivity for doing so.

Why should a business(can be auto shops, corporations or police, ect) be forced to hire people that generally can't pass there standards(test, or anything within a timely manner) most of the time anyways. Then these people think they're entailed to it. Seriously, a business should be able to work within the market place as long as it is not doing things that are treasonous.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  9. Richard-H

Richard-H Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +510
    With freedom comes responsibilty. Those who do not live up to thise responsibilties lose their freedom.

10. TruthSeeker56

TruthSeeker56 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +496
    When are you leftists going to get it through your THICK SKULLS that the vast majority of states are teetering on BANKRUPTCY, and the public employee labor unions need to suck it up and make some drastic concessions or they will all LOSE THEIR JOBS!

Sorry, leftists, but printing more money and borrowing more money from other countries IS NOT FIXING THE ECONOMIC PROBLEMS IN THIS COUNTRY.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1