GOP Congress blocks bill on gun violence research

Republicans block research on gun violence, because knowledge might lead to action

A well funded NRA initiative to block needed research..The GOP is in the pocket of the NRA. How many more mass shootings will it take to convince voters?

Yes, I've seen it reported on several news stations. President Obama also mentioned it in his address yesterday about the massacre in Oregon. NaziCons hate factual information that doesn't support their agenda.

Oh I forgot to mention, the last President I voted for was Obama (and I still kick myself for doing so, but McLame would have been worse). Any other goofy stereotypes you'd like to vomit in place of facts and reason there, toots?

Bottom line, the CDC is not the agency to be doing research into the root causes of gun violence. As I mentioned earlier, it's like calling a doctor to find out what is wrong with your tractor. Quit letting your partisan blinders keep you from using what little common sense you might have.

Ninety percent (90%) of Americans want Universal Background Checks - so why can't we get that done?

Because 90% of Americans don't want them, obviously. Just because you can't pry yourself from dated polls and this wacky notion that the NRA is some 800lb gorilla that forces our Congress to do their bidding doesn't make you right.

Private citizens have been able to buy, sell and trade their firearms without government permission or background checks for as long as this country has existed....indeed in the decades since the GCA 0f 1968 and all the wacky gun laws inbetween...including background checks...the problem has not been solved, according to ya'll it has gotten worse. Combine that with the FACT that neither the existing background checks nor the proposed "universal" checks would have stopped any of the recent mass shooters...or the majority of gun crime (latest shooting excepted, we don't have all the facts yet), what makes you think they will work any better than all the existing failed gun laws? Why are you so willing to trade our essential liberties for some false sense of temporary security?

Are you a registered idiot or are you just freelancing? I left the NRA after radicals hijacked it in 1977.

What does your problem with the NRA have to do with anything that I wrote? I think the idiot is in your mirror, dear. If you can't address or refute what I have written, you might be happier just playing with your vibrator.

No single law is going to prevent all gun violence. But the discussion has to take place. The NRA controlled GOP wants nothing to do with a rational duscussion. Their response is:

"THEY WANT TO TAKE OUR GUNS!"
Agree , they do want to take Effective type guns that fulfill the actual purpose for the '2nd Amendment' in the USA JimH !!

Republicans block research on gun violence, because knowledge might lead to action

A well funded NRA initiative to block needed research..The GOP is in the pocket of the NRA. How many more mass shootings will it take to convince voters?
In this case...it was a combination of the shooter being a total loser, his hatred for Christians because of Obama and other Democrats' inflammatory rhetoric, and the left-wingers refusing to secure our schools with fences, I.D. checks, metal-detectors at every entrance, and most of all a refusal to allow armed guards.

Yes, I've seen it reported on several news stations. President Obama also mentioned it in his address yesterday about the massacre in Oregon. NaziCons hate factual information that doesn't support their agenda.

Oh I forgot to mention, the last President I voted for was Obama (and I still kick myself for doing so, but McLame would have been worse). Any other goofy stereotypes you'd like to vomit in place of facts and reason there, toots?

Bottom line, the CDC is not the agency to be doing research into the root causes of gun violence. As I mentioned earlier, it's like calling a doctor to find out what is wrong with your tractor. Quit letting your partisan blinders keep you from using what little common sense you might have.

Ninety percent (90%) of Americans want Universal Background Checks - so why can't we get that done?

Because 90% of Americans don't want them, obviously. Just because you can't pry yourself from dated polls and this wacky notion that the NRA is some 800lb gorilla that forces our Congress to do their bidding doesn't make you right.

Private citizens have been able to buy, sell and trade their firearms without government permission or background checks for as long as this country has existed....indeed in the decades since the GCA 0f 1968 and all the wacky gun laws inbetween...including background checks...the problem has not been solved, according to ya'll it has gotten worse. Combine that with the FACT that neither the existing background checks nor the proposed "universal" checks would have stopped any of the recent mass shooters...or the majority of gun crime (latest shooting excepted, we don't have all the facts yet), what makes you think they will work any better than all the existing failed gun laws? Why are you so willing to trade our essential liberties for some false sense of temporary security?

Are you a registered idiot or are you just freelancing? I left the NRA after radicals hijacked it in 1977.

What does your problem with the NRA have to do with anything that I wrote? I think the idiot is in your mirror, dear. If you can't address or refute what I have written, you might be happier just playing with your vibrator.

Being a 69-year-old guy, I've never had any use for a vibrator.

States wh good gun laws are sabataged by the free willy laws in gun nut states .

Guns are not born illegal . They just end up being illegal . That's where gun control should focus .

good point idiot

but i still dont get how the "gun nut states" make all the people in the states that never really wanted all those guns (poor souls) to pull the trigger on people they live with, over and over, every day, year after year??

Heh-heh.....you said 69.

The GOP does not ever want to talk about a solution to gun violence. It may reduce the checks they receive from the NRA.

COME ON PEOPLE! The next shooting could be in the school with your children or your grandchildren. The GOP and NRA answer is to "DO NOTHING!"
Oh shut the hell up, you don't care about the kids. Just the other week a Muslim kid brings a fake bomb into a school. What's the liberal solution? Invite him to the white house.

What facts?
We know nothing yet on this guy about his mental state or how he got the guns and here Obama is doing the same thing as last time.
Wanting more gun laws when we don't even enforce the ones we already have.
The left refuse to support any bill that would get guns out of the hands of the mentally ill or put trained security in our schools or colleges.
This College was a gun free zone just like all of the others were.

No single law is going to prevent all gun violence. But the discussion has to take place. The NRA controlled GOP wants nothing to do with a rational duscussion. Their response is:

"THEY WANT TO TAKE OUR GUNS!"

That is a bunch of hooey. It seems you are the one who doesn't want a serious discussion, since all you do is dodge any attempt at it. Moron.

States wh good gun laws are sabataged by the free willy laws in gun nut states .

Guns are not born illegal . They just end up being illegal . That's where gun control should focus .

You can't even spell, why am I not surprised that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Being a guy doesn't mean you don't use a vibrator. I shall call you Caitlyn.

Whatever satisfies your little Forrest Gump mind.

Whatever satisfies your little Forrest Gump mind.

You still haven't managed to address anything I wrote. I accept your surrender. When you think you can make a coherent argument, rather than irrational emotional tantrums that my tween grand daughter would make, let me know, Caitlyn.

Heh-heh.....you said 69.

Simmer down Beavis...

because research cant happen unless the government pays for it

libs are idiots who lie to themselves
The $20 million from the fake Benghazi investigation could have paid for all kinds of studies.

the FBI, obama's FBI; is investigating all kinds of shit hillary did that you idiots have been calling "fake" all along
The future GOP speaker admitted that Benghazi is a fake investigation :rofl:

Uhm, how can something that is actually happening be fake? That makes no sense...

because research cant happen unless the government pays for it

libs are idiots who lie to themselves
The $20 million from the fake Benghazi investigation could have paid for all kinds of studies.

the FBI, obama's FBI; is investigating all kinds of shit hillary did that you idiots have been calling "fake" all along
The future GOP speaker admitted that Benghazi is a fake investigation :rofl:

Uhm, how can something that is actually happening be fake? That makes no sense...
The purpose is to create the perception that Hillary did something wrong with Benghazi, not to actually investigate if she did anything wrong.

I guess studying and being a educated first world people is out the window as far as the gop is concerned.

This party is quickly becoming our muslim brotherhood.

do you call that post a educated? because it could have come from a 8 year old
which is about the highest mentality of the liberals of today. bravo for proving it
I wonder how many errors an 8 year old could find in the grammar of a randomly selected post of yours Staph.
You mean like using Staph instead of Steph?
:eusa_shhh::eusa_shifty:

So Frank, are your going to laugh if the next school shooting is at your grandchildren's school?

That's disgusting, nobody is laughing... it is you leftist vultures that seem to applaud gleefully when this shit happens as you see opportunities to make sure sane people are denied access to guns.

You people are beyond disgusting.

Vultures is the perfect word for them.

Forum List

Back