GOP blames everything on Democrats taking control of both houses in 2007

Both Parties are to Blame.

No more, no less.

If you think one party is safe then you must an idiot.

Only an idiot believes both parties are equally to blame.

That's like saying both parties have an equal interest in "science".

Or both parties support the "Middle Class".

Yeah, you're right. Democrats share the brunt of the blame.

I dont recall anyone saying that some democrats do not deserve some of the blame.

Lets remember which party is the party of deregulation.

lets remember which party that produced a system in which the corporations were treated like they could do no wrong.

th_SmileyROFLMAO.gif

When have you EVER blamed the democrat party for ANYTHING????

Now you see why she's one of the Liberal Intellectual Elite and a leading Dem thinker

I would think she is a Liberal Intellectual Arrogant Revolutionary.

:)

Only an idiot believes both parties are equally to blame.

That's like saying both parties have an equal interest in "science".

Or both parties support the "Middle Class".

Let me phrase it this way.

Both parties are equally willing to distort science to fit their political views.

Both parties are equally willing to lie to the middle class while serving rich people.

Does that make it better?

No, because it's untrue.

Republican party is 90% white and mostly Christian.

Democratic party is white black brown christian muslim hindu gay straight educated uneducated liberal conservative feminist, basically "everyone else".

Republicans march in lockstep. They listen to their corporate masters. They vote how they are told as a block.

Democrats are a coalition. They have to debate everything. Because they are so varied and made up of different groups, to reach a consensus is much more difficult.

How anyone can say they are the same is beyond me. The evidence is obvious.

Democrats are more likely than Republicans to believe that Jesus will return by 2050, yet you think that more Republicans are Christians. Does this mean that some of those Muslims expect Jesus to come back soon?

Both parties are equally willing to distort science to fit their political views.

Both parties are equally willing to lie to the middle class while serving rich people.

No, because it's untrue.

Democratic party is white black brown christian muslim hindu gay straight educated uneducated liberal conservative feminist, basically "everyone else".

Republicans march in lockstep. They listen to their corporate masters. They vote how they are told as a block.

Democrats are a coalition. They have to debate everything. Because they are so varied and made up of different groups, to reach a consensus is much more difficult.

Democrats are more likely than Republicans to believe that Jesus will return by 2050, yet you think that more Republicans are Christians. Does this mean that some of those Muslims expect Jesus to come back soon?

You'll have to excuse RDean. He has never met a Republican before so bases his knowledge on what he hears on TV.

No, because it's untrue.

You keep saying that, but I find it highly suspect. Considering that only 6% of scientists are Republican and 94% of scientists believe in evolution.

The major colleges with the highest success rates are in the Blue States.

I know, Republicans keep saying the colleges are biased, only science must be biased too, because few, if any, great discoveries or inventions come from those crappy tier four right wing Christian colleges. OK, call me biased, but Bible study and science do NOT go hand in hand.

528-60.gif

No, because it's untrue.

You keep saying that, but I find it highly suspect. Considering that only 6% of scientists are Republican and 94% of scientists believe in evolution.

I know, Republicans keep saying the colleges are biased, only science must be biased too, because few, if any, great discoveries or inventions come from those crappy tier four right wing Christian colleges. OK, call me biased, but Bible study and science do NOT go hand in hand.

528-60.gif

If you doubt Pew research when they come up with stats you do not like, and quote them when they come up with stats you like, that makes you a hypocritical partisan hack.

Seriously folks, if Republicans stood in the way of everything Democrats want to do now, when Democrats had 55 or more liberal votes in the Senate, then why would anyone believe Democrats were able to pass legislation when they only had 49 votes and two Independents who caucused Democrat? What legislation did the Democrats pass that brought down the economy?

The Bush tax cuts to the rich which the CBO says costs over 3 trillion? No, that was the Republicans.

The Bush drug money for votes that cost, minimum, 1.3 trillion? No, that was Republicans.

The cost of both wars at another three trillion? No, Bush left those out of his budgets on purpose.

So what was it?

You have to be a conservative. Because conservatives have a very difficult time seeing anything in shades of gray....

...Republicans never compromise.

rdean is now a Republican?

He sure is obsessed with them.

Just wondering, because he says conservatives and Republicans never see anything in shades of grey..

...and the he goes on to give absolute black and white examples. Ergo, by his own logic, rdean is a conservative and a Republican.

528-60.gif

If you doubt Pew research when they come up with stats you do not like, and quote them when they come up with stats you like, that makes you a hypocritical partisan hack.

Public Sees a Future Full of Promise and Peril: Section 3: War, Terrorism and Global Trends - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

On a very different subject, the public is divided over whether Jesus Christ will return to earth by 2050. About four-in-ten (41%) expect Jesus Christ to return while slightly more (46%) say this will definitely or probably not happen. Opinions about the return of Jesus Christ are little changed from 1999 when 44% said it would definitely or probably happen.

Jesus Christ’s Return
As expected, predictions about whether Jesus Christ will return to earth in the next 40 years divide along religious lines. Fully 58% of white evangelical Christians say Jesus Christ will definitely or probably return to earth in this period, by far the highest percentage in any religious group. Only about a third of Catholics (32%), and even fewer white mainline Protestants (27%) and the religiously unaffiliated (20%) predict Jesus Christ’s return to earth.

In addition, those with no college experience (59%) are much more likely than those with some college experience (35%) and college graduates (19%) to expect Jesus Christ’s return. By region, those in the South (52%) are the most likely to predict a Second Coming by 2050.

On a related subject, 65% of Americans say that religion in the United States will be about as important as it is now in 40 years; 30% say religion will become less important. Majorities across all religious groups, including the unaffiliated, see religion continuing to be about as important as it is now in the coming decades.

625-20.gif

287-27.gif

------------------------

Just so it's clear to me, 95% of white evangelicals and 83% of Protestants believe in the "second coming" of Jesus, so that is a "Democratic" majority? I'm missing something here.

No, because it's untrue.

528-60.gif

I keep saying it because it is true.

Comparative Religions - U.S. Religious Landscape Study - Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life

I find the 6% Republican quote you like to throw around questionable, and cited my reasons, but I do accept the actual numbers as they pertain to the study Pew did. You, on the other hand, reject the numbers simply because you hate the obvious conclusion.

Let me spell it out for you.

Blacks, who are predominantly Democrats, make up a significant portion of the Democrat party. They are also much more likely to go to church than the typical Republican, and the historically black churches are much more likely to believe in creation than mainline protestant churches. Why do you think that California, which overwhelmingly voted for Obama, also managed to defeat same sex marriage? The answer, because blacks tend to be more homophobic than anyone but rapid conservative Republicans.

There are only two groups of Christians who tend to be more Republican than Democrat, Mormons and Evangelicals. Their numbers do not make up for the Catholics who are Democrats, so the numbers add up.

The Catholic Church, 68,115,001
The Southern Baptist Convention, 16,228,438 members
The United Methodist Church, 7,853,987 members
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 5,974,041 members
The Church of God in Christ, 5,499,875 members
Religion in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your racial bias is showing, but the fact that most Republicans are white does not mean they are all Christians.

Last edited:
Both Parties are to Blame.

No more, no less.

If you think one party is safe then you must an idiot.

To be fair, though, this is only said when Democrats screw up. I've noticed people have little problem being specific when discussing Republicans, especially their flaws. Bush's efforts had more bipartisan support than Obama's, but you'd be hard-pressed to find anybody cast any real blame on Democrats for his mistakes. It's all Bush and the Republicans' fault. With Obama, he has a Democrat super-majority, and yet, most of what you hear is this "there's enough blame to go around" talk.

Last edited:
Seriously, folks. Rdean is a dumbfuck.

Why don't you guys ban him/her then? Seriously. All rdean does is pick fights, talk pinko nonsense about conservatives, and pisses everybody off. I bet even most liberals who are inclined to agree with rdean's bottom line are annoyed with their one-note, antagonistic demeanor. It makes the board as a whole unpleasant to post on.

I'm normally not a fan of picking people out or people being banned just because I find them personally annoying, but it seems like rdean isn't so much polarizing as much as he/she is really obnoxious and tedious to discuss anything with.

I'm a conservative, and I'd rather hang out with a hundred people who disagree with me than have one friend who acts like rdean.

Last edited:
Seriously, folks. Rdean is a dumbfuck.

Why don't you guys ban him/her then? Seriously. All rdean does is pick fights, talk pinko nonsense about conservatives, and pisses everybody off. I bet even most liberals who are inclined to agree with rdean's bottom line are annoyed with their one-note, antagonistic demeanor. It makes the board as a whole unpleasant to post on.

I'm normally not a fan of picking people out or people being banned just because I find them personally annoying, but it seems like rdean isn't so much polarizing as much as he/she is really obnoxious and tedious to discuss anything with.

I'm a conservative, and I'd rather hang out with a hundred people who disagree with me than have one friend who acts like rdean.

Where's the fun in that?

Forum List

Back