Google starts being Trust-Busted today

Should Google be broken up?

• Total voters

The Duke

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2022
Yay! It's about time!

"Landmark Google trial opens with sweeping DOJ accusations of illegal monopolization"

"US prosecutors opened a landmark antitrust trial against Google on Tuesday with sweeping allegations that for years the company intentionally stifled competition challenging its massive search engine, accusing the tech giant of spending billions to operate an illegal monopoly that has harmed every computer and mobile device user in the United States."

They've had way too much power for far too long.

Google has been doing this for a long time, you can't even sign out of Google once you sign in on an Android phone, they use tracking

cookies, and crawl all your contacts.

I hope they get smashed into a thousand pieces. There should be other options for phones, and Google has made it hard to compete.

Their phone OSes have built-in RATs and back doors, too.

Obama never should have let them run such a large portion of the internet through their servers, because they certainly do filter things.

They have gotten steadily worse since that happened in 2009.

• Banned
This will affect all Android phone users, users of Google search engine, YouTubers, e-mail, everything.

Goggle is one clear face of the Deep State in action . It will be going nowhere very fast until the centre of DS is split open and some of its deepest assets eliminated .

My using Firefox and duckduckgo runs contrary to that. I do use gmail, but there are many alternatives. The only thing I don't like is when a box pops up asking me if I want to login to a site using my google account. I've never done that, but I wish that the box would go way.

The main thing is, we should beat up on Google with the government because they're pissing us off. That's how government works, right?

My using Firefox and duckduckgo runs contrary to that. I do use gmail, but there are many alternatives. The only thing I don't like is when a box pops up asking me if I want to login to a site using my google account. I've never done that, but I wish that the box would go way.
You can turn that off on Chrome. Probably on FF as well.

Yay! It's about time!

"Landmark Google trial opens with sweeping DOJ accusations of illegal monopolization"

"US prosecutors opened a landmark antitrust trial against Google on Tuesday with sweeping allegations that for years the company intentionally stifled competition challenging its massive search engine, accusing the tech giant of spending billions to operate an illegal monopoly that has harmed every computer and mobile device user in the United States."

They've had way too much power for far too long.

Google has been doing this for a long time, you can't even sign out of Google once you sign in on an Android phone, they use tracking

cookies, and crawl all your contacts.

I hope they get smashed into a thousand pieces. There should be other options for phones, and Google has made it hard to compete.

Their phone OSes have built-in RATs and back doors, too.

Obama never should have let them run such a large portion of the internet through their servers, because they certainly do filter things.

They have gotten steadily worse since that happened in 2009.
Yup.

The main thing is, we should beat up on Google with the government because they're pissing us off. That's how government works, right?
No, dumbass, it's because monopolies that abuse their power are bad.

You know you have to sign out of Google and clear cookies or else they track everything you do, right?

AFAIK, Google is the only main one that has that persistent tracking cookie.

Goggle is one clear face of the Deep State in action . It will be going nowhere very fast until the centre of DS is split open and some of its deepest assets eliminated .

Nah, Google can be busted up.

Can I buy and effectively use any competing OS on my android phone?

Spoiler alert........No.

Apple is proprietary, android is not....Google has monopoly over android users, and there's not even an argument about it.

Can I buy and effectively use any competing OS on my android phone?

Spoiler alert........No.

Apple is proprietary, android is not....Google has monopoly over android users, and there's not even an argument about it.
There needs to be competition.

Google has all kinds of backdoors and trackers in their OSes.

I have a Moto G5....It's useless without connections to the Evil Empire.
What Android? I had to give up my old phone because it wouldn't make connection anymore.

I had that one all rooted and just like I liked it, big battery that went for days.

It'd have bars, but if you try to make a call it'd cut out. I think it had Android 5.

It's a daunting task to set a phone up like that. In some cases impossible.

I looked it up. Removable battery, not bad.

Google should be broken up, although I have no idea how. I do enjoy the benefits of their services, but am leary of the potential for abuse by those in power.
Also, I love playing monopoly. I like the real board game, the electronic game on my tablet makes it harder to cheat. It's easier with the actual physical game.

Forum List

Back