Google munipulated millions of votes in 2016

Robert Epstein had a conflict of interest concerning a grudge he has with google.

In 2012, Epstein publicly disputed with Google Search over a security warning placed on links to his website.[10] His website, which features mental health screening tests, was blocked for serving malware that could infect visitors to the site. Epstein emailed "Larry Page, Google's chief executive; David Drummond, Google's legal counsel; Epstein's congressman; and journalists from The New York Times, The Washington Post, Wired, and Newsweek."[10] In it, Epstein threatened legal action if the warning concerning his website was not removed, and denied that any problems with his website existed.[10] Several weeks later, Epstein admitted his website had been hacked, but criticized Google for tarnishing his name and not helping him find the infection.[11] Epstein has since continued to criticize Google, writing in TIME magazine that Google had "a fundamentally deceptive business model".[12][13] Epstein also has said that Google could rig the 2016 US presidential election and that search engine manipulation was "a serious threat to the democratic system of government".[14] According to Epstein, "Perhaps the most effective way to wield political influence in today's high-tech world is to donate money to a candidate and then to use technology to make sure he or she wins. The technology guarantees the win, and the donation guarantees allegiance, which Google has certainly tapped in recent years with the Obama administration."[14]

Throughout 2016, Epstein had discussed the possibility of Google search algorithm manipulation in favor of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.[15][16] He estimated in a September article that as many as three million votes in the upcoming election could be shifted as a result.[17] In 2017, former head of Google Search Amit Singhal directly disputed this, claiming that "Google has never ever re-ranked search results on any topic (including elections) to manipulate user sentiment."[18]

In a 2017 article, Epstein criticized efforts by companies such as Google and Facebook to suppress fake news through algorithms, noting "the dangers in allowing big technology companies to decide which news stories are legitimate".[19]

Other journalists and researchers have expressed concerns similar to Epstein's. Safiya Noble cited Epstein's research about search engine bias in her 2018 book Algorithms of Oppression,[20] although she has expressed doubt that search engines ought to counter-balance the content of large, well-resourced and highly trained newsrooms with what she called "disinformation sites" and "propaganda outlets".[21] Ramesh Srinivasan, a professor of information studies at UCLA focusing on "the relationships between technology and politics", agreed with Epstein that "the larger issue" of how search engines can shape users' views is "extremely important", but questioned how many undecided voters are using Google to them help decide who to vote for.[21]

The Los Angeles Times reported in March 2019 that Epstein's criticism of Google had been "warmly embraced" by some conservatives, a phenomenon that Epstein said "is driving me crazy".[21]

Robert Epstein - Wikipedia

Hey dumbass, the crackdown is in response to their actions. They want them to loosen up from their restrictions on conservatives.

Ok, so you'd be ok with the left going after Fox News? That's surprising. I doubt most Trump supporters would agree with you.

Fox News does not restrict liberals. Google is not a news network. That is why they must remain neutral. We are talking social media in this thread not the news media, libtard!

Google is not social media, it is a nothing more than a search engine.

So Google just collects information and displays ALL the information when a request comes in.
Would you categorize Drudge Report as a nothing more than a conglomerator of information?

I doubt they display ALL the information, that would be more than anyone could deal with.

Drudge is an information warehouse, they do not report, they just pick and choose which stories to put on their site. when you go to their site you have no choices except what they give you.

I think Google does display as these two examples show:
I did a Google search on "Trump anti-immigrant" exactly as this.
Note 115,000 results.
But "Trump anti-illegal immigrant" results: 535 results.
Now there are two explanations:
1) Google is displaying ALL the results i.e. 115,000 vs 535 or
2) The MSM articles are NOT telling the whole story BECAUSE
a) has a legal immigrant as a wife b) his grandmother was a legal immigrant
Trump is also "anti-Jewish" according to 4,470 Google research..
EVEN though his daughter and son-in-law are Jewish!
Screen Shot 2019-08-24 at 7.49.38 AM.png

Ok, so you'd be ok with the left going after Fox News? That's surprising. I doubt most Trump supporters would agree with you.

Fox News does not restrict liberals. Google is not a news network. That is why they must remain neutral. We are talking social media in this thread not the news media, libtard!

So Google just collects information and displays ALL the information when a request comes in.
Would you categorize Drudge Report as a nothing more than a conglomerator of information?

I doubt they display ALL the information, that would be more than anyone could deal with.

Drudge is an information warehouse, they do not report, they just pick and choose which stories to put on their site. when you go to their site you have no choices except what they give you.

Note 115,000 results.

1. In this example I am sure that Google is showing all the results. If I type in John Smith I get 1,420,000,000 results. I would be willing to bet there are even more than that, but they put a cap on it.

2. If the MSM articles are telling the whole truth or not is none of Google's concern. They are not there to judge truth, just point you to the source for you to make your own determination.

Trump being married to an immigrant is not really evidence of anything. Perhaps her being a nude model almost half his age when they started to date was enough for him to overcome his prejudices. While I tend to agree that he is not anti-immigrant, your example is of little help.

Last edited:

Note 115,000 results.

1. In this example I am sure that Google is showing all the results. If I type in John Smith I get 1,420,000,000 results. I would be willing to bet there are even more than that, but they put a cap on it.

2. If the MSM articles are telling the whole truth or not is none of Google's concern. They are not there to judge truth, just point you to the source for you to make your own determination.

Trump being married to an immigrant is not really evidence of anything. Perhaps her being a nude model almost half his age when they started to date was enough for him to overcome his prejudices. While I tend to agree that he is not anti-immigrant, your example is of little help.

Well your "john smith" example goes to show how much you KNOW about the search algorithms Google uses.

It is well documented Google is biased!
96 Percent of My Google Search Results for 'Trump' News Were from Liberal Media Outlets
96 Percent of My Google Search Results for 'Trump' News Were from Liberal Media Outlets

"I expected to see some skewing of the results based on my extensive experience with Google, but I was not prepared for the blatant prioritization of left-leaning and anti-Trump media outlets. Looking at the first page of search results, I discovered that CNN was the big winner, scoring two of the first ten results. Other left-leaning sites that appeared on the first page were CBS, The Atlantic, CNBC, The New Yorker, Politico, Reuters, and USA Today (the last two outlets on this list could arguably be considered more centrist than the others).
Not a single right-leaning site appeared on the first page of search results.

But it got much, much worse when I analyzed the first 100 items that Google returned in a search for news on "Trump."
CNN, by a wide margin, appeared most frequently, with nearly twice as many results returned as the second-place finisher, The Washington Post. Other left-leaning outlets also fared well, including NBC, CNBC, The Atlantic, and Politico. The only right-leaning sites to appear in the top 100 were The Wall Street Journal and Fox News with 3 and 2 results respectively.

Note 115,000 results.

Well your "john smith" example goes to show how much you KNOW about the search algorithms Google uses.

"I expected to see some skewing of the results based on my extensive experience with Google, but I was not prepared for the blatant prioritization of left-leaning and anti-Trump media outlets. Looking at the first page of search results, I discovered that CNN was the big winner, scoring two of the first ten results. Other left-leaning sites that appeared on the first page were CBS, The Atlantic, CNBC, The New Yorker, Politico, Reuters, and USA Today (the last two outlets on this list could arguably be considered more centrist than the others).
But it got much, much worse when I analyzed the first 100 items that Google returned in a search for news on "Trump."
CNN, by a wide margin, appeared most frequently, with nearly twice as many results returned as the second-place finisher, The Washington Post. Other left-leaning outlets also fared well, including NBC, CNBC, The Atlantic, and Politico. The only right-leaning sites to appear in the top 100 were The Wall Street Journal and Fox News with 3 and 2 results respectively.

They seem biased to me. So is Facebook. They have every right to be.

Note 115,000 results.

They ARE biased and you are right regarding THEIR right to be!

I have no problem as this is an OPPORTUNITY to reach people though that don't agree with their bias.
And that's what I'm doing.
Fortunately I have access to web hosting, etc. and am working on a less biased search engine to compete with them!

Note 115,000 results.

They ARE biased and you are right regarding THEIR right to be!

I have no problem as this is an OPPORTUNITY to reach people though that don't agree with their bias.
And that's what I'm doing.
Fortunately I have access to web hosting, etc. and am working on a less biased search engine to compete with them!

let us know when it is up and running.

I am sure in no time you can dethrone Google like they did to Yahoo.

Forum List

Back