Good Things From the Arabs

Absolutely. Before Islam ruined them, they were advanced in many ways...

In the realms of science, astronomy, literature and art...they stood in a class of their own.

• Banned

In the realms of science, astronomy, literature and art...they stood in a class of their own.

Before islime, the arabs were burying their babies, alive. At least, islime stopped them from practicing infanticide

Last edited:
Lots of ancient societies had weird rituals. The English included.

Trade, ship making, map making, navigation...the Arab world did incredible things in those fields as well.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
  • Banned

Lots of ancient societies had weird rituals. The English included.

Trade, ship making, map making, navigation...the Arab world did incredible things in those fields as well.

True, however, islime did initially elevate the arab bedouin until muhammad went off his rocker

I just read an interesting blog commentary about this...I'll see if I can find it.

Oh here:

The Arab Contribution to Civilization: Nothing Lately from Planck's Constant

"
So here we learn of great literature and poetry the story of 'a thousand and one nights': a thousand years ago.
The contributions to mathematics and physics? A thousand years ago. And even here, we often see Muslims pointing to Arabic numerals as some sort of proof that Arab Muslims made some significant advances in mathematics. Arabic numeral is a misnomer, in actual fact they should be called Hindu numerals.
We learn that Ibn Muqla, Vizir at Baghdad and the "prince of calligraphers", codified the proportions of letters to be respected in handwriting and calligraphy, a thousand years ago.
We learn of the architectural advances such as The Great Mosque of Cordova where we discover its gabled roofs are Syrian. Byzantium provided the mosaics. The vaults are of Tunisian inspiration and the arches Iranian, while the alternation of stone and brick is a Roman invention. Again, a thousand years ago.
Arab contributions to medical science were legion, encouraged by the construction of hospitals in Baghdad, Cairo, Damascus, Samarkand and elsewhere, over a thousand years ago.
Advances and discoveries in astronomy, chemistry, and philosophy from Bagdad to Cordova, all over a thousand years ago.
These are all wondrous and marvelous, but, under Islam, Arabs have not advanced for the past one thousand years. See my previous articles on the paucity of Nobel Prize winners in a world filled with 1.5 billion Muslims ( of which over 300 million are Arabs).
I also noted that Jews had 169 Nobel Laureates despite being a fraction of a percent of world population (1/5 of 1%).
I harshly, but deservedly, poked fun at the lack of Muslim or Arab Patents here and here.
This post began with Arab words in modern life. Oranges and sugar. But what of modern additions since 1000 AD? What about words such as Relativity, Quantum Mechanics, Atomic Structure, chemotherapy, megahertz? Concepts that changed the world? Not Arab."

• Banned
I just read an interesting blog commentary about this...I'll see if I can find it.

Oh here:

The Arab Contribution to Civilization: Nothing Lately from Planck's Constant

"
So here we learn of great literature and poetry the story of 'a thousand and one nights': a thousand years ago.
The contributions to mathematics and physics? A thousand years ago. And even here, we often see Muslims pointing to Arabic numerals as some sort of proof that Arab Muslims made some significant advances in mathematics. Arabic numeral is a misnomer, in actual fact they should be called Hindu numerals.
We learn that Ibn Muqla, Vizir at Baghdad and the "prince of calligraphers", codified the proportions of letters to be respected in handwriting and calligraphy, a thousand years ago.
We learn of the architectural advances such as The Great Mosque of Cordova where we discover its gabled roofs are Syrian. Byzantium provided the mosaics. The vaults are of Tunisian inspiration and the arches Iranian, while the alternation of stone and brick is a Roman invention. Again, a thousand years ago.
Arab contributions to medical science were legion, encouraged by the construction of hospitals in Baghdad, Cairo, Damascus, Samarkand and elsewhere, over a thousand years ago.
Advances and discoveries in astronomy, chemistry, and philosophy from Bagdad to Cordova, all over a thousand years ago.
These are all wondrous and marvelous, but, under Islam, Arabs have not advanced for the past one thousand years. See my previous articles on the paucity of Nobel Prize winners in a world filled with 1.5 billion Muslims ( of which over 300 million are Arabs).
I also noted that Jews had 169 Nobel Laureates despite being a fraction of a percent of world population (1/5 of 1%).
I harshly, but deservedly, poked fun at the lack of Muslim or Arab Patents here and here.
This post began with Arab words in modern life. Oranges and sugar. But what of modern additions since 1000 AD? What about words such as Relativity, Quantum Mechanics, Atomic Structure, chemotherapy, megahertz? Concepts that changed the world? Not Arab."

islime originally helped establish a sense of unity [ummah] among the uncivilized arab bedouins who previously were entirely tribal without ethical guidelines. If a bedouin saw a woman he liked, it was custom for him to rape her. muhammad put an end to that although he did sanction the wanton rape of women captured in caravan hijackings

Tell that to the Janjawid.

muhammad started off well in mecca but then became a megalomaniac and sociopath in medina, reflected in the distinct difference between the peaceful teachings in the meccan quran and the violent teachings of jihad in the medinan quran.

Unfortunately, the former has been overshadowed by the latter.

The game of chess

Chess is commonly believed to have originated in northwest India during the Gupta empire,[26][27][28][29] where its early form in the 6th century was known as caturaṅga (Sanskrit: four divisions [of the military] – infantry, cavalry, elephants, and chariotry, represented by the pieces that would evolve into the modern pawn, knight, bishop, and rook, respectively). The earliest evidence of chess is found in the neighboring Sassanid Persia around 600, where the game came to be known under the name chatrang. Chatrang is evoked inside three epic romances written in Pahlavi (Middle Persian).

Chess - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Algebra

Coffee

Guitars

political-pictures-i-got-a-fistbump-from-obama-your-argument-is-invalid.jpg

Camel racing :clap2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib8U1LkVmS0]Camel Racing - U.A.E. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4Vp642ERhM&feature=related]Sound-Effects - Crowd Laughing - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back